1987 - The Company was incorporated on 11th November.
- The Company has entered into Collaboration Agreement in the year 1983 valid till
1988 with SALA International, AB, Sweden for manufacture of Slurry Pumps.
1990 - The Company has also entered into Collaboration Agreement with OUTOMEC
of Finland for manufacture of Flotation Cells.
- The Company has entered into Collaboration Agreement with OUTOKUMPU of
Finland for manufacture of Flotation Cells.
1991 - Company has set up formal Research & Development Department.
- Company has successfully absorbed the Foreign Technology for production
of Crushing and Grinding Equipment.
1992 - A joint sector company Jayamkondam Lignite Power Corporation Limited (JLPC)
has been incorporated with Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation
holding 26% of equity and your Company and associates another 25%.
- Technology tie-up with M/s Aumund and a few other world leaders in relevant fields
are underway and are likely to result in establishment of more joint ventures with the
- Mr. V.S. Dhruv, a Nominee of General Insurance Corporation of India on the
Company's Board of Directors, retired with effect from 24th March, 1992.
1993 - A severe blow was suffered by the Company due to the withdrawal of orders
by Uranium Corporation of India (UClL). Poor fund flow from the Company's
customers and the continued credit squeeze affected the Company very adversely.
- A protocol of co-operation was signed on 20th February, in the presence of His
Excellency, Chancellor Helmut Kohl between all partners including Tamil Nadu Industrial
- Messrs. Supaflo, Australia have signed a technology transfer agreement with the company
for their High Rate Thickeners.
- The Company has set up formal Research & Development Department and Govt.
of India, Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Scientific & Industrial
Research has granted recognition as 'In- House Research & Development Unit.'
- A technical collaboration was entered with Supaflo for manufacture of High Rate
- Amritanshu Investments Limited will issue and allot 30,00,000 Equity Shares
of Rs. 10/- each as fully paid-up and the balance amount shall be regarded as
loan from McNally Bharat Engineering Company Limited (MBEL) to AlL and shall
be paid by AlL to MBEL.
1994 - The Company has re-emerged as a major player in the field of coal handling plants
for the power sector.
- Mr. Deepak Khaitan resigned as Director from the Board on 18th January.
The Board of Directors has appointed Mr. B. S. Postwalla as a Whole-time Director
of the Company with effect from 6th February, 1995.
- A 8' x 20' Vibrating Grizzly Feeder has been developed and its first unit has been
manufactured and tested. A large capacity Apron Feeder has been newly developed
for ECL and is under manufacturing.
1996 - During the period, the Product Division of your Company was awarded the prestigious
ISO 9001 Certification by The UV-ZERTIFIZIERUNGSGEMEINSCHAFT e.V., Bonn,
- A new department, namely, Human Resource Development (HRD), has been established
in the Company to increase the employees' competence and effective job performance
through knowledge integration, skill development and continuous learning.
- The HRD department has developed organisational culture for fostering teamwork
and collaboration through cross function teams, Quality Circles, Productivity Improvement
teams and also implemented Total Quality Management in some sections.
- A large capacity Apron Feeder has been newly developed for ECL and is under
- McNally Bharat has tied up with foreign majors for successive specific projects to
survive the growing competition in the material handling segment.
- It has joined hands with McNally Bharat Engineering to jointly bid for a Rs.300 crore
material handling contract for the North Madras thermal power project.
- It has joined hands with Australian major Transfield to execute a Rs.180 crore order.
- McNally Bharat has tied up with Poltegor and Fugo, both Polish companies, for
2000 - The Company controlled by the B.M. Khaitan and G.P. Birla/C.P.
Birla groups, acquired 90 per cent of the equity in a Hungarian
ash handling company - Eroterv Waagner Biro.
- ERIEZ Magnetics, the US-based magnetic, vibratory and metal detection
applications provider, has tied up with McNally Bangalore Industries Ltd, the
wholly owned subsidiary of McNally Bharat Engineering Company Ltd. Eriez
MBI India Ltd (EMIL), the joint venture company formed by Eriez and McNally
-McNally Bharat secures order for Turnkey Contract.
-McNally Bharat Engineering Company Ltd has informed that the Company has received an order for supply, erection & commissioning of 2 Units of Evaporation Plant for Alumina Refinery Project at Doraguda, Rayagada, Orissa from Utkal Alumina International Ltd valued at Rs 92.31 crores.
- Williamson Magor group outfit McNally Bharat Engineering Company bagged an order for Rs. 827 crores from Madhya Pradesh Generating Company (MPGENCO).
- McNally Bharat Engineering Company Ltd has bagged orders for the supply under Pre Treatment Plant Package as well as one order for Inland Transportation, Insurance, Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Guarantee Tests of Pre Treatment Plant Package for Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Project, NTPC Ltd, stage IV (2X500 MW). The total value of the order is Rs. 33.77 Crores including taxes and duties.