1985 - The Company was incorporated on 4th February as private limited company under the name of
'Hinditron Instruments Pvt. Ltd.', Bangalore for the manufacture of oscilloscopes and other
electronic test and measuring instruments.
- The main object of the company is manufacturing and marketing of electronic test and
1987 - 75,000 No. of equity shares subscribed for by Hinditron Group of companies.
1988 - The Company was converted into a public limited company on 28th September, and
its name was once again changed to Hinditron Tektronix Instruments Ltd. It was promoted
by Hinditron Group of Companies in collaboration with Tektronix Inc., U.S.A.
- On 1st October, the Company was appointed the sale representative in India for Tektronix
products in India. The agreement involves a wide range of products such as laboratory
and service oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers, colour graphics printers, terminals,
workstations, waveform monitors, communication network analyzers and related products.
- The Company also entered into a warranty services agreement under which it was to carry
the warranty obligations of Tektronix for the products sold in India.
- Hinditron Instruments Pvt. Ltd., and Tektronix Inc., U.S.A., entered into a technical collaboration
agreement for a period of 10 years for supply of technical, manufacturing, tooling and
other related information used in the manufacture of specified protable oscilloscopes and
- Equity shares subdivided on 15th July, 22,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each then
issued at par of which the following shares were reserved and allotted on firm basis:
- (i) 12,00,000 shares to Tektronix Inc., U.S.A., and
- (ii) 1,50,000 shares to Indian resident directors, promoters of the Company, etc. Of the
remaining 9,00,000 shares, 1,12,500 shares were reserved for allotment on a preferential
basis to employees/workers of the company and those of promoter companies
(only 47,800 shares taken up). The balance 7,87,500 shares along with 64,700 shares not
taken up by employees were offered for public subscription during December (all were taken up).
1989 - The initial launch of 2400 series of oscilloscopes was successful in the market and 6 more
new products of real-time and digital storeage oscilloscopes were introduced.
1991 - Due to various factors such as slow growth in business, high inflation, higher cost for imported
inputs, etc., that affected adversely the performance of the Company, the overall working
could have been still better. Ten different models of real time Oscilloscopes were introduced.
- The Company established a 100% EOU at Seepz for implementing its project for export of
1992 - 6,00,000 Rights shares issued (prem. Rs.40 per share prop 1:5).
1993 - The Company successfully launched new generation test and measuring products like
TDS scoper, GPX Logic Analyzers, Logic Scopes, Tek tools which continue to be the
bedrock of future success.
1994 - The Company undertook to set up a new, larger facility in phase-II of Peenya Industrial
Area, close to the existing location. The Company proposed to manufacture other high
technology products having higher band widths, newer techniques and wider applications.
- Tektronix has increased its shareholding from 40% to 62.38% of
equity capital in the Company by buying shares from co-promoters
of Hinditron group. Hence, the Company is a subsidiary of
- During the year under review, the Company entered the capital market on 25th October,
1993 by a Public issue of 27,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10/- each for cash at par for
financing part of its capital outlay.
- During the year the Company has received approval for setting up of a Software
Development Centre in the Santacruz Electronic Export Processing Zone, at Mumbai.
- HSMIL was promoted by your Company in technical and financial collaboration with
Schiller AG, Switzerland, for the manufacture of some of the medical electronic equipments
from Schiller's range of products like state-of-the-art Portable Computerized Multi Channel ECG
1995 - The Company's software export business was adversely affected by changes in laws
and regulations in overseas countries.
- The medical division began setting up a dealer network across India in order to increase
its market coverage.
- The Company has been appointed as distributor for the Indian market by
ZYMED INC. USA for Holter Monitoring and Telemetry Monitoring Systems,
INSTROMEDIX INC. USA for Trans Telephonic ECG and MEDRAD INC. USA for
- The Company has a state-of-the-art facility at SEEPZ, Mumbai and another one at
Bangalore from where we undertake, both on-site as well as remote delivery projects.
- To give additional thrust to the software exports, the company have HINDITRON
INTERNATIONAL INC. a wholly owned subsidiary in USA.
- The Company has entered into marketing alliances with Companies in Belgium and Australia.
- The Company expands its product range to meet emerging market needs with the
assistance from its foreign principals.
- Mr. Hemant S. Sonawala and Mr. Pravin R.Gandhi retire from the Board by rotation and
being eligible, offer themselves for re-appointment.
1996 - The Software Systems & Services Business division has introduced LIMS (Laboratory Information
Management System) for domestic customers which is targeted at laboratories, pharmaceutical,
petrochemical and chemical industries.
- The Software Systems & Services Business division has also developed a system for
export packing credit management and the same has been supplied to Bank of Baroda and
is being marketed to other Indian banks. The division is also a re-seller for Infosys'
Bancs 2000 which is a Bank automation software.
- The Computer Graphics Division has introduced desk top drum scanners and image
setters from Scanview during the year.
- During the course of the year, the Medical Electronics division has introduced two sterling
products of Schiller AG, namely, AT-2 a six channel computerised ECG and SP-1 a
pulmonary functional unit.
- During the year, Hinditron Schiller Medical Instruments Limited ceased to be a subsidiary
of the Company.
- The Company proposes to issue Equity Shares upto an amount not exceeding Rs. 200 Lakhs
to Promoters/Promoter Group to augment the long term resources as per SEBI guidelines for
Preferential Issue of Shares and subject to necessary approvals by SEBI.
- Mr. Saurabh H. Sonawala and Mr. Kirit R. Gandhi retire from the Board by rotation and
being eligible, offer themselves for re-appointment.
1997 - The Company is rationalising its product business of Medical and Computer Graphic
Divisions and is concentrating on its core competency business i.e. software engineering
services and networking business where the Company has significant strength.
- Mr. Pravin R. Gandhi, Mr. Manoj A. Shah, Mr. Gaurang N. Sanghv resigned the Board
with effect from 17th March.
1999 - The company acquired 78,00,000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each representing
65% of the Equity Share Capital of Company from Mr. Hemant S. Sonawala and Associates
after obtaining the necessary and required clearances and approvals.
- The Company further acquired 43,200 No. of Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each from Public
- As the Company is no longer part of the Hinditron group of companies, the Directors are
proposing a change in the name of your Company to Mindteck (India) Limited.
- During the year the paid up capital of the Company increased from Rs. 650 lacs to
Rs. 1200 lacs with effect from June 18, 1998 and from Rs.1200 lacs to Rs. 2000 lacs with
effect from January 22, consequent to Preferential Allotment of 55 lacs Equity Shares and
80 lacs Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each at par respectively.
- Mr. Kamlesh Sonawala has resigned from the office of Director with effect from 7.1.99.
- During the year, Mr. Philippe Silberzahn was appointed as Managing Director of the
Company effective from February 11, and he has taken charge of his new assignment.
2000 - Nicco Infotech Ltd. was merged with the company & issue of 4,50,000
eight per cent non-convertible cumulative redeemable preference shares
of Rs 10 each aggregating Rs 4.5 crores and acquisition of Mindteck
Consulting Inc. US.
2001 - The Company has completed allottment of 12,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10/-
each at a premium of Rs. 90/- per share to its shareholders in the recently concluded
- Mindteck, a global software services company has announced the appointment of Sumit Ganguly as its group chief executive officer.
2002- Mindteck appoints Krishna Vaidya as GM-Marketing.
- Ravi Ramachandran joins Mindteck as Director-Finance & Strategic initiatives.
-Soumitra Ganguli appointed as Managing Director of Mindteck India.
-Mindteck India Ltd has informed BSE that Mr L M Singh has resigned as Director of the company
-Board approves financial restructuring
-Mr Soumitra Ganguli has resigned as Managing Director of the company.
-Mindteck India Ltd has informed that Mr M G Ved, Director of the Company has taken over as Chairman of the Company's Board from Mr K V Aiyappan.
- Mindteck India Ltd has informed that the Company's Board has approved the appointment of Mr. Pankaj Agarwal and Mr. Vivek Malhotra as additional directors on the Company's Board of Directors effective February 09, 2007.
Mr. Agarwal will be a non-executive director representing the promoters on the Company's Board, while Mr. Malhotra will be a non-executive and independent director on the Company's Board.