|We were incorporated as MindTree Consulting Private Limited on August 5,
1999 by a group of ten individual promoters of which three of them invested
through an entity incorporated in Mauritius.
In January 2000, an investment of Rs. 169 million was made by way of
subscription to Equity Shares of our Company in our first round of funding by
LSO Investment (P) Limited, a Promoter company promoted by three of our
Promoters, and Walden Software Investments Limited (managed by Walden
International), Amalgamated Holdings Limited and Vaitarna Holdings Private
Limited. Shares held by Amalgamated Holdings and Vaitarna Holdings Private
Limited were transferred to Global Technology Ventures Limited by Board
meeting held on April 25, 2000.
In August 2001, Capital International Global Emerging Markets Private Equity
Fund LP, Global Technology Ventures Limited and certain of our Promoters
invested a further Rs. 590 million in our Company in a second round of funding
by subscribing to convertible preference shares of our Company.
In October 2001, Franklin Templeton Holding Limited invested a sum of Rs 75.5
million into our Company by subscribing to our preference shares. Subsequently,
AIG Offshore Systems Service Inc., one of our clients also subscribed to Equity
Shares and warrants in our Company.
We are structured into two business units that focus on software development
' IT Services and R&D Services. We have clients that range from Fortune 10
companies to enterprise software organizations. We have offices across USA,
United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore,
Australia and Japan.
Key Events and Milestones
October 2006 Signed a letter of intent for expansion of facilities in the SEZ
September 2006 Land acquired in Bhubaneshwar for expansion of facilities.
July 2006 Development centre launched in Chennai.
June 2005 Acquisition of Linc Software Services Private Limited.
February 2005 West Campus development center opened in Bangalore.
September 2004 Acquisition of the software division of ASAP and ARPSL.
January 2004 Execution of contract with AIG Offshore Systems Service Inc.
for supply of IT Services.
October 2001 Investment by Franklin Templeton Holding Limited.
December 2001 Commencement of IT outsourcing partnership with Volvo
August 2001 Investment by Global Technology Ventures Limited, Walden
Software Investments Limited and Capital International Global
Emerging Markets Private Equity Fund LP in second round of
January 2000 Investment by Walden Software Investments Limited, Amalgamated
Holdings Limited and Vaitarna Holdings Private Limited in first round
August 1999 Formation of MindTree with two customers and commitment of funding
of US$9.5 million at its inception.
- Mindtree Consulting Limited has informed that 'Ms. Usha T N, is appointed as Company Secretary of the Company w.e.f. 23rd July, 2007 in terms of section 383A and is also appointed as Compliance Officer'.
-MindTree Ltd has appointed Mr. Janakiraman S as Additional Director of the Company by the Board of Directors at their Meeting held on July 16, 2008.
- MindTree Ltd has appointed Professor David B Yoffie as Additional Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from December 01, 2008. Prof. David B Yoffie would hold the status of an Independent Director on the Board of the Company.
- Company name has been changed from MindTree Consulting Ltd to MindTree Ltd.
- Mindtree Limited has appointed 'Mr. Rajesh S Narang has been appointed as Company Secretary of MindTree Limited with effect from 14th July, 2009 and holds the responsibilities as enumerated under clause 47 of the Listing Agreement. Ms. Usha T N ceased to be the Company Secretary and will hold the position of Compliance Officer of the Company'.
- MindTree has signed a pact with Carlyle Group, one of the world's largest private equity firms. MindTree will provide IT infrastructure management and support services for Carlyle's global data centres. They would monitor and manage all of Carlyle's IT production servers at Carlyle's data centres in the US, the UK and Hong Kong, as well as its disaster recovery data centre in Virginia. MindTree will also monitor and manage file servers located in Carlyle offices throughout the world, as well as other classes of hardware and applications.
- Mindtree Ltd, the IT solutions firm, bagged a contract from governments Unique Identification Project (UID) for application development and maintenance services.
- MindTree Ltd launches Security Services to Help Businesses Solidify and Execute Their Security and Compliance Strategies.