- The Company a subsidiary of Monsanto Co. USA was incorporated on 8th
December, 1949 as a private limited Company at Mumbai and was converted
into a public limited company on 1st July, 1978. The Company
Manufacture Agricultural Chemicals.
- It has pioneered the chemical-weed-control concept in the country and
is a market leader in rice herbicides which are marketed under the
brand name 'MACHETE'. It also markets 'Lasso' a broad spectrum
herbicide and 'AVADEX' a herbicide used to protect wheat crop.
- The Company is also an indenting agents for a range of Monsanto
products such as specialised industrial and plastic chemicals, animal
science and agricultural products.
- Till date 1,352 No. of equity shares of Rs 100 each subscribed for
cash at par. 1,352 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 2,704 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 5,408 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- Equity shares sub-divided in Sept. 1988. 8,93,318 bonus equity shares
issued in prop. 892:108 to the holders after the offer for sale in Feb.
- During February, Monsanto Company, USA offered for sale to the
public, out of its holdings, 3,40,500 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10
each at a premium of Rs 8 per share. Of these, 23,835 shares were
offered to employees, Indian Directors, Business Associates etc. (only
23,800 shares taken up). The remaining 3,16,665 shares along with 35
shares not taken up by employees were offered for sale to public.
- The Objects of offer for sale is to reduce the equity holding in the
Company to 40% or less and to enable participation by Indian public in
the equity capital of the Company and to get the Company's shares
listed on the recognised Stock Exchanges.
- The Company launched a wheat herbicide and marketed several
speciality chemicals of Monsanto, USA.
- Authorised Capital increased. 1001478 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10
each at a price of Rs 30 per shares issued on Rights basis in prop.
- The Company entered into an non exclusive marketing arrangement with
another Monsanto entity in India to market formulation/granulation
manufactured by the Company.
- 200 right shares of Rs. 10 each issued during the year.
- The Company has closed its bio-informatics research unit as a part of
the company's restructuring plans, but denied it was winding up R&D
- The Nutrition and Consumer Products Division of Monsanto India has
launched Flix, a low calorie soft-drink concentrate.
- Mr. Terry Bunn, Chairman, has resigned as Director and Chairman from
the board effective from October 4 and Mr. B.K. Chiu has been appointed
as Director and Chairman.
- Monsanto has launched 'Leader Kanak Rath,' an agricultural extension
service programme, for farmers in Punjab and Haryana.
- Monsanto India Ltd informs that Mr.Brett.D.Begemann is
appointed Director and Chairman of the company.
-Mr Sekhar Natrajan has been reappointed as the Managing Director
of the company.
-Monsanto India shifts part of its packaging activities from Silvassa to
a site in Guwahati.
-1) Mr. Allen Smith appointed as Director and Chairman of the Company in place of Mr. Brett Begemann 2) Appointment of Mr. William Hallman as Director in place of Mr. C Y Wong 3) Appointment of Mr. Rajagopalan S as Chief Financial Officer of the Company in place of Mr. Sandeep Kulkarni.
-Monsanto India Limited has informed that the securities of the Company have been delisted from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Limited w.e.f. December 29, 2003.
-Monsanto India Limited has appointed Mr. Sekhar Natarajan as Director & Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Company w.e.f. November 03, 2006.
-Monsanto India Limited has appointed Mr. Mark Martino as Director of the Company.