1986 - The Company was Incorporated on 19th December as a private limited company and was changed into a public limited company on 29th April 1987.
- The Company was incorporated in the name of Motherson Auto Pvt. Ltd. (MAPL) and was promoted by K.L. Sehgal and V.C. Sehgal in the year 1983.
- The Company's objects is to manufacture integrated wiring harnesses wires, high tension cords and components for integrated wiring harnesses including plastic and metal parts.
1987 - The Company acquired Noida Steel Fabricators Ltd. and commenced manufacture of plastic and steel components used in the integrated wiring harness. The company's unit for automotive and electric industry is situated at NOIDA, district Ghaziabad, U.P.
1994 - 3,75,000 No. of equity shares and 6,00,000 shares allotted to foreign promoters Nissho Iwai Corporation Japan (NIC) and Sumitomo Wiring Systems Ltd., Japan (SWS) respectively. 15,25,000 No. of equity shares allotted to Indian promoters. 33,00,000 No. of equity shares were issued at a prem. of Rs.15 per share during March 1993 as follows:
- (i) 9,62,500 shares to Indian promoters
- (ii) 1,50,000 shares to relatives, associates of Indian promoters
- (iii) 3,00,000 No. of equity shares to SWS Ltd. Japan.
- (iv) 3,00,000 shares to Asian Finance and Investment Corporation
Ltd. (AFIC) Singapore.
- (v) 2,40,000 shares to ICICI. Balance 11,60,000 No. of equity
shares to public.
- The Company bagged the Best Display Award at the Auto Expo Exhibition held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from December 7-15, 1993 with participation by reputed Indian and Overseas manufacturers of vehicles and other Automobile ancillaries.
- Company proposes to install more efficient machines for increase in productivity which will reduce consumption of energy.
1995 - The company undertook to expand its facility for integrated wiring harness for Maruti YE-2 car to 13,00,000 nos p.a. Also, with a view to diversification, the company proposed to manufacture high tension cord exclusively for Maruti with an installed capacity of 1,70,000 sets p.a.
- The company undertook to set up a backward integration project for manufacture of AVSS wire to be used in the integrated wiring harness of Maruti's new export car YE-2.
- During October, the company in collaboration with Kromberg and Schubert AG, Germany set up Kromberg Schubert Motherson Sumi Systems Pvt. Ltd. for manufacture of integrated wiring harnesses to be supplied to Mercedes Berz-Telco joint venture & BMW-Hero
Motors joint venture for 650 cc motor cycles.
- Britax Motherson Pvt. Ltd. was incorporated in December, in technical and financial collaboration with Britax International UK for manufacture of Auto Mirrors.
- During December 1995 - January 1996, the company issued 11,60,000 rights equity shares (prem. Rs.80; Prop. 1:5) of these 320 shares were kept in abeyance.
- The Company had been awarded the ISO 9001 during December.
- The Company has received "Best Vendor Award" in the category of "Electricals" from Maruti Udyog Limited for the financial year
- The Company has collaboration with world's leading Japanese company, Sumitomo Wiring Systems Limited, due to which it has latest and most modern equipments from Japan.
- The Company has adopted world famous Japanese work system with its workers trained by Japanese experts in Japan and some Japanese experts stationed in India.
- The Company has adopted latest Human Resource Management Techniques which are being used for continuous motivation and training of the employees and the workers, to ensure that the standards are constantly met and continuously improved further.
1996 - The company implemented a plan for the enhancement of manufacturing capacity and also incorporated the upgradation of plant and machinery. The company made elaborate plans to further augment manufacturing capacity and replace old machinery with technologically superior and more efficient machinery.
- The company entered into an agreement with SWS Japan for manufacture of integrated wiring harness for Maruti's new car. A separate MOU was entered into with SWS for acquiring technical knowhow for high tension cord and AVSS.
- In January, Motherson Sirio Antifurto Devices Pvt. Ltd. was incorporated with Antifurto Sirio 777 Srl, Italy for manufacture of Anti Theft Devices for automobiles.
- The Company proposed to enter a joint venture agreement with BTR corporation of Australian and Sumi Motherson Innovative Engineering Pvt. Ltd. with equity participation of 30%, 60% and
10% respectively under the name of BTR Motherson Automotive Pvt. Ltd. for manufacturing of blow moulded Automotive components.
- The company proposed to enter another joint venture under the name of `Kyungshin Industrial Motherson Pvt. Ltd. in technical and financial collaboration with Kyungshin Industrial Co. Ltd.
Japan with 50-50 equity participation for manufacturing wiring harnesses at Chennai for Hyundai project.
1997 - The Company has been selected as a supplier of Integrated Wiring Harness for the Honda Siel project due for commercial production in November.
- The Company is proposing new joint ventures to cash in on the opportunities in the market and to maintain its leadership.
- The Company is proposing a joint venture with BTR Corporation of Australia for manufacturing of Blow Moulded Automotive Components and for this purpose a new Company is being promoted under the name of BTR Motherson Automotive Private Limited.
- Motherson Auto Components Engineering Limited, Motherson Pudenz Fuses Limited and Motherson Global Pte Ltd., Singapore, a wholly owned subsidiary of Motherson Auto Components Engineering Limited has become Company's subsidiary under Section 4(1)(c) of the Companies Act, 1956.
1998 - Motherson Sumi Systems of India has formed a joint venture with Antifurto Sirio 777 Srl. of Italy, named Motherson Sirio Antifurto Devices. Under the terms of the venture, both
companies will have a 50:50 equity participation in the new company.
- The Company has set up plants for manufacture of Blow Moulded Auto Components and Door Panels. The Company is setting up, its third plant at Chennai.
- BR Motherson Automotive Private Limited, a Joint Venture between BTR Plc of U.K. and your Company has set up plants for manufacture of Blow Moulded Auto Components and Door Panels. The Company is setting up, its third plant at Chennai.
1999 - MSSL was a monopoly manufacturer of integrated wire harness (a crucial link that integrates all the components of a vehicle) in India until Delphi Auto Systems Ltd entered the fray.
- MSSL is a major supplier of integrated wire harness to auto majors like Maruti Udyog Ltd, with a supply of over 50 per cent of its output, Telco and caters to all segments of the automobile
- The Company has received QS 9000 Certification from BVQI for its Noida Units during the year 97-98 for the manufacture of wire harnesses.
- The Company was also awarded the Honda Siel Best Quality Supplier for the year 1998-99 and has been consistently rated as Maruti's best Supplier for its electrical category for the last few years.
- During the year, the Company's Commercial Paper Program of Rs. 50 million was rated by ICRA. The Company got the highest rating of `A1 +' which indicates highest safety.
- State of Art facilities are being setup at Bangalore for manufacture of wiring harness for Customers in the Southern region.
- The company is developing wiring harness for new models proposed to be launched by our existing customers at the same time increasing market share with the existing customers.
- The company intends to enter into an agreement with National Securities Depository Limited for the dematerialisation of its Equity shares in accordance with the provisions of the Depository
- The name of the company has been changed to MSSL Pune Limited (MPL).
- The Company has set up facilities at Chennai mainly to cater to the requirement of Ford India and Hyundai Motors.
2000 - The Directors has approved the merger of Motherson Auto Components Engineering Ltd., the company's wholly owned subsidiary with the company.
- The Board has declared a bonus issue in the proportion of one share for every two shares held subject to the approval of the shareholders in the AGM.
- ICRA Ltd has reaffirmed the `A1+ rating assigned to the Rs.10 crore Commercial Paper (CP) programme of Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. indicating highest safety.
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd informs the exchange that Nissho Iwai Corporation nomiates Mr Hiroto Murai as Director of the company and Mr.Masahiro Matsushita as Alternate Director to him.
-Sumitomo Wiring Systems nominates Mr.Toshimi Shirakawa as the Director of the company.
-The shareholders approved delisting of the company's shares from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd & The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad.
-Motherson unit sign agreement with German firm for auto roofing systems
-The Japan-based Miyazu Seisakusho Company Ltd, one of the largest car body die manufacturers in the world, has formed a joint venture company with the Delhi-based Sumi Motherson group for design, sale and eventual manufacture of car body dies in India
-German co join hands with Sumi Motherson to float new JV
-Japan auto co ties up with Sumi Motherson group
-Motherson Sumi enters into agreement with Lisa Draeximaier
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd has informed that the Company has signed an agreement with Insolvency Administrator to acquire a running plastics injection molding company, G+S Kunststofftechnik Gmbh (G+S) located near Stuttgart in Germany
-Motherson Sumi Systems has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:2
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. had informed that the shareholders of the Company have approved the amalgamation of Draexlmaier & Motherson Electrical Systems India Limited, a 100% subsidiary of the Company with the Company in the meeting convened on September 10, 2005
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd has informed that the Company and Balda AG (Balda) have agreed to set up a joint venture (JV) for development of precision moulds, design and manufacture of parts for mobile phones including accessories and appliances for mobile phones at Chennai.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:2.
-Motherson Sumi enters into Joint Venture with Calsonic Kansei
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd has appointed Mr. Toshihiro Watanabe as Whole Time Director of the Company in place of Mr. Akihiko Yamauchi w.e.f. June 02, 2008.
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd.- "Shifted the Registered Office of the Company from 43, Community Centre, 3rd Floor, Bhageria House, New Friends Colony, New Delhi - 110025 to the following address w.e.f. 14th January, 2009: New Address :- 2nd Floor, F-7, Block B-1, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110044".
-The Company at its meeting held on August 09, 2012, have also recommended the issue of Bonus Shares in the ratio of 1:2 (1 share for 2 shares held) subject to the approval of the shareholders in the ensuing Annual Genera! Meeting schedule.
-Mr. Sushil Chandra Tripathi, IAS (Retd.), Mr. Satya Pal Talwar,Mr. Gautam Mukherjee has appointed Independent Directors of the Company.
-Motherson Sumi Systems has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:2
-MothersonSumiSystems Board recommends Bonus Issue in the ratio of 1:2
-Motherson Sumi Systems Limited announces acquisition of Wiring Harness business of Stoneridge Inc.
-Motherson Sumi Systems inks agreement with Stoneridge Inc
-MSSL gets biggest ever Rs. 15400 cr. order from Daimler, Recognised as a preferred partner
-The Company has allotted the Bonus Shares to its shareholders in the Ratio of 1:2.