|- The Company was incorported on 18th September, and obtained the
Certificate of Commencement of Business on 12th October, 1984. It was
promoted by Jaisinh Kanji Sampat, Chatrabhuj Kanji Sampat and Dilip
- The Company carry on business as printers, publishers of educati
books, newspapers, journals, etc. A new printing press was set up at
Dantali in Gujarat incorporating latest printing technology and
performing varied production functions like printing, binding, etc.
- 70 No. of equity shares subscribed for by Signatories to the
Memorandum of Association. 4,99,930 No. of equity shares then issued
at par of which 1,99,930 shares were reserved and allotted to
promoters, directors, friends, etc. The remaining 3,00,000 shares were
offered for public subscription during November 1984 (all were taken
- 12,00,000 Rights equity shares were offered at par in prop. 12:5
during January 1987 (all were taken up).
- The Company has changed its name from Bookwing Publications & Trading
Co. Ltd. to Navneet Publications (India) Ltd. with effect from 22nd
- The Company has set up export division to export paper stationery
products during the year.
- The Company installed computerised weighing system to check the
wastage and effect corrective actions. One photo type setting machine,
imported from USA was installed.
- The Company has entered into agreement with the publishers, acquiring
licence to publish more than 2000 titles.
- The Company was successfully implemented its
expansion-cum-diversification project. The Company is setting up an
additional unit at Daman for manufacturing paper stationery items and
educational books involving a total project outlay of Rs 700 lakhs.
- 15,00,000 shares allotted at par to publishers and their nominees.
15,52,400 shares issued to public (prem. Rs 50 per share) through
- 16,00,000 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 10
per share allotted on conversion of Fully Convertible Debentures.
- The Company is setting up an additional unit at Daman for
manufacturing paper stationery items and educational books1.
- The Company has installed 4 Wind Electric Generators.
- 31,76,200 No. of equity shares allotted as bonus shares in the ratio
- The Company also installed a state-of-the-art 'Notebook-On-Line'
machine, in the year, at Daman.
- The company had signed the agreement with the National security
Depository Ltd. (NSDL)
- CRISIL has re-assigned its highest rating of P1+ (pronounced as P one
plus) for the commercial paper programme of the company, indicating
- The company was selected to receive the Analyst Award 1999 from the
Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India.
- The company has acquired three registered trademarks Navneet, Vikas
and Gala from three partnership firms.
- The company has decided to open the chain book stores throughout the
country and has made a foray into electronic publishing with the launch
of their first interactive CD-Rom, titled 'The World of Talking
- The company has set up a new business unit of electronic publishing,
to keep pace with technology.
- The P1+ rating assigned to the CP issue of the Company has been
reaffirmed by Crisil.
- Navneet Publication (India) Ltd., has tied up with the Singapore
Tourism Board (STB) to celebrate the Millenniamania, a series of events
- The Company has acquired 100 per cent equity shares of Navneet
Edutauinment Ltd. Accordingly, Navneet Edutainment Ltd has become 100
per cent subsidiary of the company.
- The Company has been allotted 49,98,500 No. of equity shares of Rs
10/- each (Rs. 3/- per share paid-up) of Navneet Edutainment Limited, a
wholly owned subsidiary of the company
- The Company has introduced another book in its ongoing series, A
Vision of India.
- Navneet Edutainment Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company,
allotted 1,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each to Nilesh S.,
Shah, Management Consultants, on March 29, 2001
-Commences Commercial Production at Silvassa unit II of the company, for the manufacturing of a range of stationary products.
-The members approves the delisting of equity shares of the company from the Ahmedabad stock exchange and Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange Ltd.
-Equity shares delisted from Ahmedabad Stock Exchange
-Delists securities from the Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange Ltd w.e.f. March 31, 2005.
-Navneet Publications Ltd. has appointed Mr. Amit D. Buch has as the Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company w.e.f. 4th June 2007.
- Navneet Publications India Limited has appointed Mr. Mohinder Pal Bansal as Additional Director of the Company with effect from September 14, 2010.
- Navneet Publications India Ltd has appointed Mr. Mohinder Pal Bansal as Additional Director of the Company with effect from September 14, 2010.