1979 - The Company was incorporated on 10th September, at Hyderabad. It
was promoted by K. Ramachandra Raju and his associates and APIDC.
The Main object of the Company is to manufacture cement and
- The Company obtained mining lease over 208.9 hectares of land at
Mattapalli village in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh.
1982 - 450 shares subscribed for by the signatories to the Memorandum of
Association, 4,62,050 shares taken up by K. Ramachandra Raju and
his associates and 2,77,500 shares allotted to APIDC. 11,10,000
shares offered at par for public subscription during
1986 - The Company applied to the Government of India for a letter of
intent for the setting up of a project for the manufacture of
`Cement Boards' a termite proof, water proof and fire proof board
and a substitute for wood.
- It has technical collaboration with Bison Werke Bahre & Graten
GmbH & Co. K.G. West Germany and Import Licence for capital goods
was also received.
1987 - The Company received a letter of intent for expansion of cement
capacity to 600 TPA from 200 TPA. Also, approvals were received
for collaboration and input of critical equipment from Onoda
Engineering Company, Japan.
- The name of the company was changed to NCL Industries Ltd. from
Nagarjuna Cement Ltd.
- 1,50,000 shares allotted to promoters, at par in conversion of
1988 - Cement mill, coal mill and kiln feed sections were installed.
- It was proposed to accommodate closed circuit grinding system and
Osepa classifiers in raw mill and cement mill sections for the
existing as well as expanded capacity.
- It was proposed to provide extra reinforcement to the pre-heater
- 1/3 of the technical know-how fees was paid to the Collaborators.
Land for the factory as well as for partial captive plantation
activity was acquired and developed.
1989 - During the year the production declined due to plant shut down
between 16th May to 30th September for implementing the
modernisation-cum-expansion project. A diesel generator set was
installed to meet the expanded production requirements.
- BIFR, gave its approval for merger of Klayman Porcelains, Ltd.
with the Company as per the rehabilitation scheme formulated by
IFCI for KPL.
- As per the scheme, 18,720 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were
to be allotted to shareholders of KPL in the propn. 2 equity
shares of Rs 10 each of NCL : 5 equity shares of Rs 100 each of
- The scheme ensures independent long term viability of KPL based
on setting up of Bone-china project in addition to the existing
- The package provides interalia sanction of additional term loans
of Rs 135 lakhs for setting up of Bone-china project based on
natural gas in the Krishna Godavari basin.
1990 - The cement bonded wood particle boards project to manufacture
`Bison Panels' was commissioned.
- The Company executed a new project for manufacture of Bison Board
and also took over and revived a sick unit engaged in the
manufacture of tableware ceramic products.
- During January-February, the Company offered 40,00,000 rights
equity shares of Rs 10 each at par for cash in propn. 2:1 (only
31,82,300 shares taken up). The unsubscribed portion 8,17,700
shares were issued to the public.
- Simultaneously another 2,00,000 No. of equity shares were issued
at par to the employees under the Employees Stock Option Scheme
(none were taken up and all were allowed to lapse).
- To the Rights issue, the Company issued through the prospectus
40,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each, of which the
following shares were reserved for allotment on a preferential
- (i) 2,00,000 shares to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the Company (none were taken up),
- (ii) 4,00,000 shares to shareholders of NCL Seccolor Ltd. (all
were taken up) and
- (iii) 15,00,000 shares to UTI, SBI Mutual Fund/Can Bank Mutual
Fund (only 14,00,000 shares taken up).
- The remaining 19,00,000 No. of equity shares along with
unsubscribed portion of 11,17,700 shares from Rights issue and
preferential quota were issued to the public (all were taken up).
Additional 12,00,000 No. of equity shares were allotted to retain
oversubscription (60,000 shares to shareholders of NCL Seccolor
Ltd. and 11,40,000 shares to the public).
1991 - Due to some technical snags, the boards plant took additional
time in stabilising operations.
1993 - The cement boards plant was commissioned with the replacement of
the imported card plates. The hotelware range was introduced on
- During April 1992, 22,43,744 rights shares issued (Prop. 1:5)
Additional 336,561 shares allotted to retain oversubscription.
Another 118100 shares issued to employees. Additional 17,700
shares allotted to retain oversubscription.
1994 - 23,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted on conversion of loan.
1996 - As a part of the restructuring exercise, the company entered into
an MOU for having off the ceramic division.
1997 - The Company promoted NCL Energy Ltd., to take up Mini Hydel Power
Projects. Initially this company was awarded a project at
Pothireddypadu in Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh with an
initial potential of 3MW.
2003 - CL Industries Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the company in its meeting held on January 11, 2003 has appointed Shri K Ravi as Director and Managing Director of the company wef. January 11, 2003 for a period of 5 years subject to approval of the shareholders in place of Shri K Ramchandra Raju, whose term of appointment is expiring by January 28, 2003. Shri K Ramchandra Raju has resigned as Managing Director as well as Director of the company w.e.f. January 11, 2003.
-NCL Industries Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 4:5
Ncl Industries Limited has appointed Mr. Bidhan Chandra Debata (FCS) has been appointed as the Sr. General Manager & Company Secretary of our company with effect from 1st of January 2008. Mr. T. Arun Kumar however continues as the Company Secretary and Compliance Officer.
-NCL Industries Ltd has appointed Mr. P Simhadri Reddy as an additional director of the Company.
-NCL Industries Ltd has recommended dividend on equity shares @25 % on equity shares
-NCL Industries Ltd has recommended dividend on equity shares @ 10% on equity shares
-NCL Industries Ltd has recommended dividend on equity shares @ 15% on equity shares
-Company's 2nd Ready Mix Concrete Unit set up at Hyderabad (A.P.) is ready for commencement of its commercial operations
-Company is selected for the award of Excellence in WorkerÂs Welfare (Silver Rolling Trophy) for the year 2010-11
- NCL Industries Ltd has recommended dividend on equity shares @ 10% on equity shares of Rs.10/- each amounting to Rs.1/- per share.
-NCL Industries Ltd has relocated its Registered Office of the Company to new building located at Gachibowli, Hyderabad.