|1996 - The company was incorporated as a private limited company on 16th February 1996, which is a holding company of the TV18 group. IT is a holding company of the TV18 group and has become one of the strongest media houses in the country. It is also engaged in making strategic/financial statements in media.
2006 - It was converted into a public limited company.
- Name of the company was changed from SGA Finance & Management Services Private Limited to Network 18 Fincap Private Limited with effect from April 12, 2006.
2007 - The company got listed on 2nd February 2007 on NSE and BSE. The shares of the company of face value of Rs 5 each opened at Rs 312.10 at the NSE and at Rs 300 at the BSE.
- The company had planned to invest $10 million in an entertainment company that is The Indian Film Company.
- The company had formed 50 / 50 joint venture with Viacom-18.
- The film business of the company was proposed to be transferred to MTV Networks India Pvt Ltd pursuance to a Business Transfer Agreement.
- Name of the company was changed from Network 18 Fincap Pvt. Ltd to Network 18 Media & Investment Ltd.
- Members of the company at annual general meeting held on 7th September 2007 had approved annual accounts and annual reports of the company.
2008 - Board of directors of the company had approved rights issue of Partly Convertible Cumulative Preference Shares (CCPS) of Rs.200 (face value) each in the ratio 1:5.
- Network 18 Media & Investments Ltd has appointed Mrs. Subhash Bahl as a Director of the Company in the casual vacancy caused by the sudden demise of Mr. P N Bahl.
-The company has issued rights in the ratio of 1:5 at a premium of Rs.45/-Per Share.
-The Company has acquired the Investment Advisory Business of M/s Capital18 Media Advisors Pvt Ltd.
-The name of the company has changed from Network 18 Fincap Limited to Network18 Media & Investments Limited.
-A&E Television forms JV with Network18
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted From 601, 6th Floor, Commercial Tower, Hotel Le-Meridien, Raisina Road, New Delhi To 503, 504 & 507, 5th Floor, Mercantile House, 15, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 110 001
-The Company has appointed Mr. Yug Samrat as its Company Secretary & Compliance Officer.
-Network 18 media and entertainment has appointed B. Saikumar as its Group Chief Executive Officer (Group CEO)
-Mr. Sanjay Ray Chaudhuri has heen appointed as an Additional Director of the Company
-Network 18 Media & Investments Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 307:50
-OCP Asia Invests in HomeShop18 Transaction Values Company at USD 330 Million.
-Network18 Group Company, BookMyShow.com Enters Into a Strategic Partnership with PVR Cinemas
-SAIF Partners, Accel Partners and Network18 invest in Book My Show, value Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (BookMyShow) at over Rs. 1,000 crore
-Press Release dated October 23, 2013 GS Home Shopping Leads Funding Round in HomeShop18 Company Raises USD 14 Million of Growth Capital