|1996 - The company was incorporated as a private limited company on 16th February 1996, which is a holding company of the TV18 group. IT is a holding company of the TV18 group and has become one of the strongest media houses in the country. It is also engaged in making strategic/financial statements in media.
2006 - It was converted into a public limited company.
- Name of the company was changed from SGA Finance & Management Services Private Limited to Network 18 Fincap Private Limited with effect from April 12, 2006.
2007 - The company got listed on 2nd February 2007 on NSE and BSE. The shares of the company of face value of Rs 5 each opened at Rs 312.10 at the NSE and at Rs 300 at the BSE.
- The company had planned to invest $10 million in an entertainment company that is The Indian Film Company.
- The company had formed 50 / 50 joint venture with Viacom-18.
- The film business of the company was proposed to be transferred to MTV Networks India Pvt Ltd pursuance to a Business Transfer Agreement.
- Name of the company was changed from Network 18 Fincap Pvt. Ltd to Network 18 Media & Investment Ltd.
- Members of the company at annual general meeting held on 7th September 2007 had approved annual accounts and annual reports of the company.
2008 - Board of directors of the company had approved rights issue of Partly Convertible Cumulative Preference Shares (CCPS) of Rs.200 (face value) each in the ratio 1:5.
- Network 18 Media & Investments Ltd has appointed Mrs. Subhash Bahl as a Director of the Company in the casual vacancy caused by the sudden demise of Mr. P N Bahl.
-The company has issued rights in the ratio of 1:5 at a premium of Rs.45/-Per Share.