1981 - The company was incorporated in Maharashtra on 22nd April, as a private
limited company and was converted into a public limited company on 19th
June, 1987. It was promoted by Patni Computer Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- To manufacture mini/micro computer systems and word processor based
systems and to carry on business in software.
1989 - The Company received a letter of intent for the manufacture of copper clad
laminates. A Memorandum of Understanding was signed with AGC Isolier
Und Kunstoff GmbH, Germany for obtaining necessary technology.
1990 - The Software Research & Development Wing of the Company has entered in the
competitive software export market in the latter part of the year under review and
have successfully exported software module packages to U.S.A.
- The Company proposes to increase further its Authorised Capital from the present
level of Rs.500.00 lacs to Rs.600.00 lacs divided into 60.00 lacs Equity Shares of
- The Company is entering the Capital Market with a Rights cum Public Issue of 34,72,500
Secured Redeemable Partly Convertible Debentures of Rs.45/- each amounting to
Rs.1562.63 lacs with a permission to retain 15% of the issue amount in case of
1991 - The Company has issued 39,93,375 14% II Series Secured Redeemable Partly
Convertible Debentures of Rs 45/- each for cash at par for setting up its CCL
Project at Pune.
1992 - The diversification programme for manufacture of Copper Clad Industrial Grade
Laminates in technical collaboration with AEG Isolier Und Kunststoff GmbH of
Germany has been successfully implemented and has commenced commercial
production since February.
1993 - The Company is invested in PCS Data General India Limited, a Company incorporated
in financial and technical collaboration with Data General Corporation, U.S.A.
1994 - The Company has launched extensive export drive of products from its CCL Division.
- The name of the Company changed from "PCS Data Products Limited" to "PCS Industries
Limited" with effect from 25th March.
1995 - Shri Pradeep Shroff and Shri Premchand Jain have resigned from the
Directorship of the Company.
- Shri Ashok Patni - the Director existing on the Board and Shri B.N. Agarwal
have joined as the Joint Managing Director and the Whole Time Director
respectively of the Company.
1996 - CCL plant at Pune was awarded by ISO-9002 Certification for its entire product range
of Copper Clad Laminates.
- The Company has issued 24,97,000 warrants to be converted into like number of shares
at a latter date at a premium in favour of Patni Computer Systems Private Limited
and has received from them an unsecured deposit of Rs.41.20 Lacs to be adjusted on
conversion of the said warrants into equity.
- The Company has set up a new unit at Silvasa for manufacture of computer systems.
1997 - The company has launched "Pentium Pro" - a higher end in its range of POs which is
well received in the market.
1998 - During the year under review the Company launched Pentium II Computers which were
well received in the market. The company also entered into a marketing agreement with
Hewlett Packard Limited and continued its marketing agreement with Tata-IBM for the sale
of MMC Branded PC Products.
- The company has entered into a marketing agreement with VSAT Manufacturer Comsat
Max Ltd., and continued its agreement with Networking Manufacturer Cabletron Systems.
- The Company had alloted 30,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each at par
aggregating to Rs. 3,00,00,000.
- During the year the Company had redeemed 14% Second Series Secured Redeemable
partly Convertible Debentures the non-convertible amount of Rs.15/- per debenture
totalling to Rs. 5,94,74,300/-.
- The term of Wholetime Director Mr. B.N. Agarwal expired on 19th July, 1998. The Term of
Wholetime Director Mr. H.C. Tandon is due for expiration on 24th November, 1998.
1999 - The Company launched Pentium III Computers, a new product which is well received in the
- Mr. Amit Kumar Patni, was appointed as a Whole-time Director of the Company .
2000 - PCS Industries, an IT company with a product portfolio ranging from PCs to
high-end services, to launch two new product lines of personal computers for the
-The company has bagged Rs 26-crore order from State Bank of India for computerising around 800 branches.
-PCS Ind manfacturing plant in Silvassa has been awarded ISO14001 certification
-PCS Industries sets up unit at Goa
- PCS comes out with new solution for courier firms
-PCS Industries Ltd has forged an alliance with IT server company Bull SA to roll out latter's products and software solutions in India
- PCS Technology Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on July 28, 2007, has appointed Mr. Apoorva Patni as an Additional Director of the Company w.e.f. July 28, 2007.