|Our Company was incorporated on March 17, 2003 as PG Electroplast Private Limited under the Companies Act, 1956. Subsequently, pursuant to a special resolution passed at the meeting of the shareholders of our Company at an Extraordinary General Meeting held on July 15 2010, our Company became a public limited company and the word ÂprivateÂ was deleted from our name. The fresh certificate of incorporation to reflect the new name was issued by the RoC on August 6, 2010.
Our Company is a part of the PG Group, promoted by our Chairman and Managing Director, Mr. Promod Gupta. The history of PG Group dates back to 1977, when Mr. Promod Gupta started dealing in and making radio transistors, receivers and black & white television components at his residence. This was the time when black & white TV components were being imported and supplied to old brands such as Beltek, Televista, Singer, Weston and Crown. He setup his first factory at Delhi in 1981-82, at a time when few renowned brands were making their way to the Indian market. He continued making TV components till the year 1989, before
approaching these OEMs for making the entire black & white TV set on contract manufacturing basis. Later, the PG Group also started making CTVs for regional brands. In 1996, it setup its second factory at Noida, followed by a third factory at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh in 1997. In 1999, the PG Group entered into backward integration by setting up a PCB assembly line at Noida. It then setup another factory at Mohali for assembling VCD/DVD players in 2001. It again entered into backward integration in 2003, with foray into plastic injection moulding.This made the PG Group, an integrated player in the electronic consumer market, with the capability to do
plastic injection moulding, PCB assembly and final integration of the products. He then incorporated our Company with the establishment of Unit I at Greater Noida in 2002-03 and later with unit at Roorkee in 2007-08
Major events of our Company:
1. Incorporation of our Company as PG Electroplast Private Limited
2.Setting up of Unit I at Greater Noida with a capacity of 1,574 tonnes p.a. for plastic
3. Increase in plastic injection moulding capacity of Unit I, Greater Noida to 3,703 tonnes p.a.
4. Increase in plastic injection moulding capacity of Unit I, Greater Noida to 4,244 tonnes p.a.
5. ISO 9001:2000 certification for Unit I, Greater Noida
6. Setup of PCB assembly line for DVDs with a capacity of 10,00,000 pieces at Unit I, Greater
7. Setup of assembly line for DVDs with a capacity of 3,00,000 pieces at Roorkee
8. Setup of assembly line for CTVs with a capacity of 96,000 pieces at Roorkee
9. Increase in plastic injection moulding capacity of Unit I, Greater Noida to 4,495 tonnes p.a.
10.Setup of assembly line for CTVs with a capacity of 10,05,000 sets at Unit I, Greater Noida
11.Increase in capacity of CTV assembly line at Roorkee to 6,00,000 pieces
12.Increase in plastic injection moulding capacity of Unit I, Greater Noida to 6,577 tonnes p.a.
13.Setup of PCB assembly line for CTVs with a capacity of 6,00,000 pieces at Unit I, Greater
14.Setup of CFL assembly line with a capacity of 150,00,000 pieces at Unit II and PCB
15.assembly line for CFL with a capacity of 300,00,000 pieces p.a. at Unit I.
16. Conversion into a public limited company
17. ISO 9001:2008 certification for Unit II, Roorkee
18.Commencement of commercial production at Unit IV, Ahmednagar*
19.Commencement of commercial production at Unit III, Greater Noida *
20. Launch of new product ÂWater PurifierÂ
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from 14/39, Shakti Nagar, Delhi-110007 to B-11, Mahendru Enclave, Delhi-110033
-Mr. K A Khandelwal has been appointed as Company Secretary and Compliance officer of the Company w.e.f. August 16, 2013.