- The Company was Incorporated on 20th July at Mumbai. The company was promoted by Richardson-Marrell Inc., New York and its wholly owned subsidiary - vicks Products Inc., India.
- 90 shares taken up by signatories to Memorandum of Association. 110 shares issued to Richardson Merrell Inc., U.S.A.
- 2,74,890 shares issued to Richardson-Merrel, USA which 99,910 shares reserved for allotment to directors, employees, associates, etc. The balance 1,25,000 shares offered for public subscription.
- 2,00,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 2:5.
- 4,00,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 4:7.
- 4,00,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 4:11.
- 3,00,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:5.
- 5,94,000 shares issued (prem. Rs 20 per shares, prop. 11:15) as rights to resident Indian shareholders. 81,000 shares (prem. Rs 20 per share) allotted to employees and business associates.
- 12,37,500 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:2.
- In September, the Company's herbal plant for the manufacture of herbal and other natural ingredient products at Annaram in Medak district of Andhra Pradesh was commissioned. The Mentha Research centre located at Bilaspur in U.P. carrys out research in the growing of mentha arvensis from which mint oil and menthol are produced.
- In October, Procter & Gamble Co., acquired Richardson-Vicks Inc., and consequent to this, Richardson Hindustan Ltd. (RHL), became an affiliate of Procter & Gamble Co. In view of this, the name of the Company was changed to Procter & Gamble India Ltd., from Richardson
Hindustan Ltd., with effect from 4th April, 1988.
- The Company proposed to change its name to "Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care Ltd. to better reflect the nature and character of the business and in keeping with company's objective of focussing on its core categories viz. Feminine Hygiene and Health Care.
- Richardson-Merrell Inc., Wilton, U.S.A., the holding company, holds 14,85,000 No. of equity shares out of 37,12,500 No. of equity shares issued by the Company.
- 29,70,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 4:5.
- The Company set up a plant at Mandideep, the M.P., to manufacture high technology detregents. The first phase of the plant commenced commerical production in April 1991, and the new detergent "Ariel Microsystem" was test marketed in Vishakpatnam. After the success
therein, it was introduced to Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- New initiatives were introduced to strengthen the skin and hair care business namely `Ultra Clearsail', `Olay Sensitive' and `Mediker Upgrade'.
- During July-August, the Company offered 4,00,960 - 12.5% partly convertible debentures of Rs 200 each on rights basis to equity shareholders (other than shareholders of Richardson-Vicks Inc., U.S.A. RVI) in the proportion 1 deb.: 10 equity shares held. (all were taken up).
- Another 20,000 - 12.5% debenture were issued to employees on an equitable basis (only 17,480 debentures taken up). Unsubscribed portion of 2,520 debentures was allowed to lapse.
- Rs 65 of the face value of each debentures was to be automatically and compulsorily converted into 1 equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 55 per share on the expiry of 18 months from the date of allotment of debentures.
- During the year new initiatives namely Ariel Green, Whisper Exra Long and Whisper Extra Large were introduced.
- The balance of Rs. 135 of the face value of each debenture was to be redeemed at par on 3 equal annual instalments on the expiry of 6th, 7th and 8th years from the date of allotment of debentures. Conversion of Part A of 65 of the debentures was preponed from 4th March, 1993 to 31st July, 1992. Accordingly, the Company allotted 4,18,440 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 55 per share on 1st August.
- The Company also offered 16,03,800 -14% non-convertible debentures (NCD) of Rs 100 each in the proportion 8 debs.: 20 equity shares held (all were taken up).
- Another 80,200 - 14% NCD's were issued to the employees on an equitable basis (only 79,2000 debentures taken up). Unsubscribed portion of 100 debentures was allowed to lapse. Each block of 8 non-convertible debentures was to contain 1 warrant, entitling the holder to apply for 3 equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a premium as may be then approved by CCI within 4th and 5th year from the date of allotment. Accordingly 6,21,508 shares were allotted at a premium of Rs 55 per share. These debentures were to be redeemed at par on the expiry of 6th, 7th and 8th years from the date of allotment of debentures.
- During July, the Company issued 15,00,153 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 215 per share to RVI in order to raise their equity holding from 40% to 51%.
- Another 2,78,960 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 55 per share and 1,56,559 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 215 per share were allotted on 1st August, to enable RVI to continue to hold 51% of the equity capital on account of conversion of Part A of
partly convertible debentures.
- High Quality `Whisper' with `Wings' was introduced. During the year the Company purchased `Old Spice Men's Toiletries and also divested the Laundry and Detergent business but retained detergent manufacturing facility at Mandideep and supplied the detergent to Proctor & Gamble Home Products Ltd.
- The Company issued 36,14,645 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 110 per share to RVI in order to raise their equity holding from 51% to 65%.
- During May 4,02,890 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 55 per share and 7,51,339 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 110 per share were allotted to enable RVI to continue to hold 65% of the equity capital on account of conversion of equity Warrants.
- The Company introduced a premium line of drops under the name Vicks Vitamin `C'. With a view to improving employees' productivity the company installed electronic voice mail connecting all employees across India. The Company launched Whisper Extra Dry, a superior performing sanitary protection product.
- The Company undertook to set up a state-of-the-art technology health care plant at Goa.
- The Company has recently introduced into test market VICKS VAPORUB Super Balm.
- 72,13,497 equity shares allotted as bonus shares in prop. 1:2.
- Procter & Gamble Home Products has expanded the line of its Pantene shampoos in India by launching a new variant, Pantene Pro V Extra Treatment shampoo.
- Procter & Gamble Godrej has been renamed Procter & Gamble Distribution Company with effect from December 16, 1996. The re-christening is a prelude to the wind-up or a merger of the company with either of the two P&G companies in India, P&G India or P&G Home
- Procter & Gamble has finally launched Head & Shoulders, the world's leading anti-dandruff shampoo brand in the country.
- Procter and Gamble India Ltd has announced a bonus share issue in the ratio of one equity share for every two equity shares held.
- The board of Proctor & Gamble India (P&G) has declared a one-for-two issue of bonus shares and 75 per cent dividend for the year ended June 30.
- Procter & Gamble India has introduced a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) plan for all its full-time employees in India, in an innovative variation of the stock option scheme.
- Procter & Gamble India Ltd. has changed its name to Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care Ltd. This was approved by the shareholders at the company's annual meeting.
- Procter & Gamble (P&G) has launched a free career counselling service - P&G Future Focus - with Resource Management Group (RMG).
- Procter & Gamble India Ltd (P&G) has undertaken an exercise of streamlining its existing distribution and supply chain with a view to making it more consumer oriented, thus making the products available to the consumer faster and fresher.
- Procter & Gamble Home Products, the wholly-owned subsidiary of the Cincinnati-based multinational, is test launching `Pringles', the internationally renowned potato chip brand in the Capital.
- Procter & Gamble Inc (P&G), the US-based home products giant, has launched its most popular detergent brand, "Gain", in the local market.
- Procter & Gamble launched its first ever sight restoration corporate project called "Project Drishti" in collaboration with the National Association for the Blind.
- The fast-moving consumer good major, Procter & Gamble is likely to route new brand launches in India through its fully-owned subsidiary, P&G Home Products, instead of its other subsidiary listed on the country's bourses.
- The Company has launched a new brand, Tampax, Indian Sanitary napkin market.
- The Company has relaunched its Vicks cough drop in a new 2.5 gm blue back.
- The Company has launched Tide detergent in India.
- The Company has launched `Project Poshan', a social marketing initiative in association with UNICEF in the Indian markets.
- Procter & Gamble Co. and setting the company on a blistering pace of change, Durk I Jagar abruptly quit.
- The Company was awarded Chennai-based SembCrop Logistics the prestigious Pinnacle Award for achieving internationally benchmarked standards in Good Manufacturing Practices.
- The Company, the maker of Tide laundry detergent and Bounty paper towels, launched an over-the-counter tooth whitening product under its Crest brand that uses the same whitening ingredient used by dentists.
- The Company launched Pantene Lively Clean, the latest in the Pantene Pro-V range of shampoos in India.
- The Company launched New Ariel Power Compact detergent with a new global technology.
- Procter & Gamble Home Products Limited, the fully-owned subsidiary of Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble Co, is creating a new segment in the fabric cleaning market in India with the launch of its international brand Febreze, fabric odour cleaner at Chennai.
- Helmut Meixner, chief executive officer of Procter & Gamble in India, has retired effective 5th July, Gary Cofer, Director has been appointed P&G country manager in India with immediate effect.
- The Company has relaunched Vicks Action 500+ in an attractive True Blue pack.
- The Company has entered into the second phase of planned restructuring, cashing in on a more efficient supply chain management system, launching extension of existing flagship brands and launching bigger brands from the global portfolio.
- The Company has launched Vicks Plus medicated lozenges in India.
- Gary W. Cofer, country manager, Procter and Gamble, India has been appointed managing director of Procter and Gamble Hygiene and Healthcare Ltd. with effect from 1st September.
- Procter & Gamble Hygience & Healthcare has tied up with `Doctoranywhere.com', an online consulting service that enables consultation, referral and interaction of doctors with specialist
- Procter & Gamble Co., launched BeingGirl.com.
- The Company has tied up with Doctoranywhere.com, an online service that enables consultation referral and interaction of doctors with specialists.
- The Company has introduced "Doorstep Challenge" advertising for its detergent brand, Tide.
- The Company has launched a website -- www.spraytugsmooth.com exclusively for its newly-launched fabric spray, Downy Wrinkleleaser, in an attempt to explain the benefits of the product.
- Procter & Gamble's haircare brand Pantene will present Hair Asia Pacific 2000, the international cotest for hairstyles and beauty experts in collaobration with the Sri Lankan Association of Haridressers and Beauticians.
- The company has re-launched Viks Action 5000 in an attractive true Blue international pack.
- The Company announced the launch of 'Best-Ever Head & shoulders anti-Dandruff Shampoo' (H&S) in the Rs.500 crore hair care market.
- Head & Shoulders, a brand of Shampoo from the Proctor and Gamble stable, has launched its new commercial with three ke anti-dandruff claims -- eliminates dandruff flakes forever with regular use, removes 100 per cent visible flakes and has an effect from the first wash
- Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care has launched the new Whisper Ultra Day-Night pack for the first time in India, in Tamil Nadu.
- Procter & Gamble Home Products has launched its Tide detergent in sachets, primarily to induce trials.
- The Company has launched an outdoor advertising campaign for Vicks Plus medicated lozenges.
- Procter & Gamble Home Products (P&G) has finally unveiled the mystery of the five bald women in a ÂWe want a changeÂ campaign with the relaunch of the Pantene Pro-V range of shampoos in India.
- Procter & Hygiene and Health Care Ltd has informed that Mr Gary Cofer will cease to be the Managing Director of the company wef April 01, 2002. Mr Shantanu Khosla will be appointed as the Managing Director.
- Anil Gupta appointed as Additional Director of Procter & Gamble.
-Shantanu Khosla appointed as M D of Procter & Gamble w e f June 01, 2002.
-Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors considered and approved the following changes in the constitution of Board of Directors with effect from January 31, 2003: resignation of Mr Peter Smit as the Director and appointment of Ms. Nayantara Bali as Director to fill in the casual vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr Peter Smit.
-P & G has sought the approval of Foreign Investment Promotion Board to revamp the
capital of its foreign subsidiary.
-P&G and Jaya TV have announced a launch of 'Shiksha, Secure your child's future' a special
promotion to help educate children in India.
-P&G has informed BSE that it has discontinued the text-marketing of Vicks Action 500 Night.
-P&G and HLL has lodged a complaint with the Advertising Standards Council of India over
HLL's new Clinic All Clear Anti-dandruff shampoo.
-Procter & Gamble India has slashed the prices of its satchet washing powder "Tide and
-Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Healthcare ltd has launched new VICKS Formula 44
cough syrup, which provides safe, effective and long lasting relief of up to eight hours.
-P&G has more than doubled its productivity per employee in four years and there have been savings in the backroom office of upto 90 minutes.
-P&G has set up two e-research and development networks, which would act as
'problem solving exchanges'.
-Procter & Gamble announced 1:2 bonus issue the company would issue 1.08 million new shares of Rs 10 each.
-Unveiled Ariel sachet priced at Rs 2 and Tide sachet at Re 1 in Andhra Pradesh for the first time.
-P&G unveils Rejoice Shampoo on Jan 19
-Rejoice shampoo unveiled at Kochi
- Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Healthcare launches 'Whisper Choice' in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka priced at Rs 26 for a pack of 10 pads as a test market launch.
-Procter & Gamble of the US announced a strategic tie-up with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) to support acceleration of its `Connect and Develop' strategy launched in India in September last year
-unveils Pantene Shampoos with Amino Pro-V
-P&G introduces new aloe vera version of Head & Shoulders
-The Comapny has tied-up with child rights organisation Child Relief and You (CRY) and Raj TV to launch 'Shiksha', a programme to help educate underprivileged children in Tamil Nadu.
-The Company has donated $100,000 to IISc Bangalore to foster collaboration in the area of modelling for chemical and formulated systems.
-The Company introduces new aloe vera version of Head & Shoulders.
-The Company has announced the launch of its new best-ever Head & Shoulders with advance VitaZinc system in the city. It would be available in 200 ml; 100 ml and 7.5 ml satchets.
-The Company has declared a Final dividend of Rs 20/- per equity share.
-The Company recommends final dividend of Rs 20/- per equity share.
-The Company has recommended payment of Final Dividend of Rs. 22.5 per equity share of Rs. 10/- each.
-The Company has recommended a Dividend of Rs. 22.50 per equity share of Rs. 10/- each.
-Mr. Sachin Harlalka has been designated as "Compliance Officer" of the Company.The appointment of Mr. Sachin Harlalka as Company Secretary and Compliance Officer has approved by the Board of Directors Circular Resolution.
-The Company has recommend a dividend of Rs. 22.50 per Equity Share.
-The Board has appointed Ms. Preeti Bishnoi as Company Secretary (Designate) and Compliance Officer (Designate) of the Company.
-The Comapny has recommended a dividend of Rs. 22.50 per Equity Share.
-Procter has recommended a final dividend of Rs. 25 per Equity Share.
-Procter has recommended a dividend of Rs. 27.5/- per Equity Share