|PTC India Ltd. (formerly known as Power Trading Corporation of India Limited), was incorporated in 1999 to achieve the aforementioned objective, to act as an entity which could undertake trading of power to achieve economic efficiency and security of supply and to develop a vibrant power market in the country. Therefore, PTC has a tri-fold mandate; to optimally utilize the existing resources to develop a full fledged, efficient and competitive power market, to attract private investment in the Indian power sector and to encourage trade of power with neighboring countries.
-Signs a memorandum of understanding with Enercon for its two wind power plants in Rajasthan and Karnataka
-Signs Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to buy 750 MW power from Australian firm Snowy Mountain Engineering Company (SMEC) which is setting up a plant at West Seti in Nepal
-Announces an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of 5.85 crore equity shares of Rs 10 each at a price of Rs 16, issue oversubscribed 46.43 times, becomes the first power trading company to be listed on the bourses, gets listed at Rs 30.80, a premium of 93% over its issue price of Rs 16
- PTC signs a MoU with Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB) for sale of 100 MW Power from Malana Hydro Electric Project being developed in the State of Himachal Pradesh by an IPP
-Power Trading Corporation of India Ltd (PTC) has informed that the Company and ONGC entered into a MoU for trading of entire additional power by PTC from ONGC's existing and new power generating projects that are proposed to be set up all over the country
-PTC forges alliance with CESC
-PTC signs MoU with firms for 9000 mw
-PTC India signs Power Sale Agreement for Lanco Amarkantak TPP
-PTC India signs MoU with IIFC
-PTC acquires 26-pc stake in Indian Energy Exchange
-PTC India Ltd has informed that Mrs. Preeti Saran has joined the Company's Board as Director w.e.f. September 28, 2007.
-PTC geys FIPB nod to rope in foreign cos in subsidiary
- PTC India Ltd has informed that Shri. Deepak Amitabh and Shri. Shashi Shekhar has been appointed as Directors of the Company as Whole-time Directors w.e.f. January 25, 2008.
- PTC India Ltd appointed Shri. Satish C Mehta as independent Director of PTC w.e.f. December 20, 2008. Presently, he is working as Joint Secretary in the office of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
-PTC entered into an agreement with Sweco Groner AS, Norway
-PTC forays into wind energy
-IREDA Signs MoU With PTC India & PFSL.
-Company has recommended to the shareholders dividend @ 12%.
- Shri. I.C.P. Keshari has been appointed as Director of the Company.
-RBI gives Infrastructure Finance Company status to PTC India Financial Services Limited (PFS) a subsidiary of PTC.
-Board recommends 12% dividend to the Shareholders i.e. Re. 1.20 per equity share.
-Board of Directors of the Company has recommended the dividend @ 15% (Rs. 1.50 per equity share).
-Mr. V. M. Kaul has been appointed as nominee Director of Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd.
-PTC comes into Power Tolling Agreement with SEPL for Nellore based thermal power plant.
-Shri Deepak Amitabh has joined as CMD, PTC. Shri S.N. Goel has joined as Director (Marketing & Operations), PTC.
-The Company has recommended the dividend @ 15% (Rs. 1.50/- per equity share).
- PTC India has recommended the dividend @ 16% (Rs. 1.60 per equity share).
-PTC and REMC, recently set up venture of Indian Railways and RITES, sign MoU to transact power.
-PTC India has recommended the dividend @ 20% (Rs. 2 per equity share).
- PTC India wins bid in first e-bidding for short term power