|The Company was incorporated on September 26, 1988 under the
Companies Act, 1956 as Punj Lloyd Engineering Private Limited. In
1989, the Company took over all the activities of the engineering,
turnkey and general construction division of the entity that was
formerly known as Punj Sons Private Limited. On July 11, 1989, the
name of the Company was changed to Punj Lloyd Private Limited. With
effect from July 1, 1992, the word Private was deleted from the name
of the Company under section 43A (1A) of the Companies Act.
Subsequently, the Company became a public limited company on July 21,
The registered office of the Company was shifted from M 13, Connaught
Place, New Delhi 110 001 to Punj House, 10/1 Nehru Enclave (East), New
Delhi 110 019 on January 2, 1989; and thereafter the registered office was
again shifted to Punj Lloyd House, 17-18 Nehru Place, New Delhi 110 019
on November 1, 1989.
Subsequently, pursuant to an order of arrangement and demerger between
Spectra Net Limited, Punj Lloyd Limited and Atna Investments Limited, which
was approved by the High Court of Delhi by its order dated August 16, 2004,
the Company issued and allotted 1,817 Equity Shares for consideration other
than cash to the shareholders of Spectra Net Limited on September 29,
For further details of our financial performance, please refer to the sections
'Financial Statements', 'Business', 'Managements Discussions and Analysis
of Financial Condition and Results of Operations as per Consolidated Financial
Statements' and 'Managements Discussions and Analysis of Financial Condition
and Results of Operations as per Unconsolidated Financial Statements' beginning
on pages 147, 62, 418 and 437 of this Red Herring Prospectus.
-The birth of Punj Lloyd Engineering Private Limited
-Renamed Punj Lloyd Private Limited
-Becomes Public Limited and wins its first oveseas pipeline contract in Indonesia
-Gets it first Middle East Contract for Field Development
-1st Road project, Vadodara-Halol Tollway, India
-Gains entry into the Caspian with KAM pipeline, Kazakshtan
-EPC Tank Contract in Asia Pacific, Bulk Liquid Terminal, Singapore
-1st Thermal Power Plant, Jindal, India
-Punj Lloyd has fixed its IPO price at Rs 700. The company has come out with public issue of 91.7 lakh shares, which include fresh issue of 83.5 lakh shares and the rest was offer for sale, with a price band of Rs 600-700 for Rs 10 share.
-Became a listed company
-Acquires Singapore-based Sembawang and Simon Carves, UK
-Launches new brand identity
-Adds petrochemicals, engineering, buildings and urban infrastructure projects like airports, jetties, Mass Rapid Transit, Light Rail Transit System, hotels, resorts, to its portfolio
-Punj Lloyd joins hands with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
-Punj Lloyd Limited has informed as follows: 1) Mr Sanjay Bhatnagar has been appointed as an Additional Director in the capacity of Independent Director and 2) Mr Keith Henry has resigned as Director of the Company.
-Punj Lloyd Ltd has informed that Punj Lloyd Group, a global infrastructure services provider, has signed a large contract for construction of a LDPE plant at Thailand.
--Punj Lloyd Ltd on Oct 19 said it has acquired the balance 12 per cent stake in Sembawang Engineers & Constructors through its wholly owned subsidiary, Punj Lloyd Pte Ltd, for about Rs 14 crore.
-Punj Lloyd joins hands with Swissport
-Punj Lloyd Upstream Ltd incorporated in April 2007 to address the opportunities in the Integrated Drilling Services market
-Joint venture with Pipavav Shipyard
-Punj Lloyd Ltd has appointed Mr. Scott R Bayman and Mr. P K Gupta as Additional Directors on the Board of the Company.
- Punj Lloyd Limited has appointed Mr. Paul Birch as Group Head Human Resources for Punj Lloyd Group.
- Punj Lloyd signs agreement with UAE firm.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
-Punj Lloyd to acquire 25.1 % stake in Pipavav Shipyard Ltd
-Acquires 74% in Technodyne International UK. This design capability will make Punj Lloyd an end-to-end service provider in tanks and terminals
-Join hands with Singapore Technologies Kinetics for manufacture of defence equipment
-Partners with Thorium Power for Nuclear energy
-Punj Lloyd Ltd, has bagged engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning contract worth $800 million (Rs 3,636 crore) by Qatar Petroleum.
- Punj Lloyd Ltd has appointed Mr. Atul Pasricha, a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and MBA from Darden School, University of Virginia as Group-Chief Financial Officer.
-Punj Lloyd Group launches into Solar Utility Projects
-Punj Lloyd wins two contracts.
- Punj Lloyd has bagged an order worth Rs 960 million from the Hyundai Engineering & Construction Company.
- Punj Lloyd Ltd has informed that Sembawang Engineers and Constructors Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of the Company has been awarded a contract worth approximately Rs. 1394 crore (Rupees one thousand three hundred and ninty four crores) from Sentosa Pte Ltd Singapore for construction of Hotel, Spa, Beach Villas, an Oceanarium and Water Theme Park in Singapore.
- Abu Dhabi Gas Development Company Ltd., a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) has entered into four Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPC) Contracts totaling to US$ 3,607 million in order to develop the Shah sour gas reservoir. These contracts have been awarded to international companies which include Indias Punj Lloyd.