|The Rai Saheb Rekhchand Mohota Spg & Wvg Mills, Fax No. 022 -2081556 was established as early as 1898, as a proprietory concern by Mr.Rekhchand Mohota which was convened into partnership firm over a period of time. To professionalise the management and to obtain a corporate status the Mill was converted into Private Limited Company on 10/10/1946.
Subsequently on 15/09/1988 it became a Deemed Public Limited Company under Section 43(IA) of the Companies Act and it was converted into full fledged Public Company vide Special Resolution passed on 26.09.1994. The Company set-up a Spinning, Weaving and Processing Unit at Hinganghat (Maharashtra State) . Since inception the company is run by members of Mohota family till date.
The Mill started its operations with an installed capacity of 12,000 Spindles and 200 Looms for manufacturing of cotton yarn & fabric and over decades efforts were made to modernise the Mill or Works in order to gear up the qualitative standards of its output to match with the International Standard. For last 14 years, the Company has been constantly upgrading its Mills under different modernisation schemes and the installed capacity of the Unit has been gradually increased to the present level of 46,688 Spindles and 455 Looms. The Company has established its sales through its Agents in various parts of India in order to eater directly to the domestic consumers. The fabrics and yarn
are well received by the domestic consumers. The company has established its depots at various prominent centres of textile trade i.e at Bhiwandi, Bombay and at Ichalkaranji.
The company's proposed modernisation project involves a capital outlay of Rs.1,588/- lakhs which is being financed by IDBI, under it's Asset Credit Scheme, public issue and internal accruals. This would result in increasing the product mix capacity and also enlarge the facilities tor value addition.
- Chairman of the Company Shri Girdhardasji Mohota expired on May 10, 2005.
-Rai Saheb Rekhchand Mohota Spinning & Weaving Mills Ltd has appointed Shri. Pavan Poddar and Shri. Sudhir Rathi, as an Additional Directors of the Company with effect from August 28, 2008.