|Incorporation and Initial Progress
Karunanidhi Investments & Trading Company Limited (KITL) was
incorporated as a Public Limited Company on 9th of July 1979 in
West Bengal. Ramsarup Engineering Industries Limited (REIL) was
incorporated as Private Limited Co in 1973. With a view to list the
unlisted shares of REIL, Sri Ashish Jhunjhunwala and other person
acting in concert acquired Karunanidhi Investments & Trading
Company Limited, a company listed with the Calcutta Stock Exchange.
Then under a scheme of amalgamation approved by the HonÂble
Calcutta High Court the company Ramsarup Engineering Industries
Limited which was promoted by Mr. Ashish Jhunjhunwala was
amalgamated into the company KITL. In accordance with the
approved scheme the entire assets & liabilities of Ramsarup Engineering
Industries Limited were transferred to and vested with KITL with effect
from 1st April, 2001 and every shareholder of Ramsarup Engineering
Industries Limited was given equal number of shares of KITL against
their shareholding in REIL.
- Ramsarup Industries Ltd has informed that the Company bagged order aggregating Rs 35.64 Crores. Details are as follows:
1. Essar Steel (Hazira) Ltd - SEZ Rs 7.40 Crores.
2. Reliance Petroleum Ltd - SEZ Rs 6.24 Crore.
3. Reliance Energy Ltd (Rosa Power Project) Worth Rs 22.00 Crores.
- Ramsarup Industries Ltd has bagged order valuing Rs 44.00 Crores, from North East Frontier Railways for wires.
- The Company has bagged orders aggregating Rs 164 crores under RGGVY Electrification Work from West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from 7C, Kiran Shankar Roy Road, Hastings Chamber, 1st Floor, Kolkata - 700 001 to 7C, Kiran Shankar Roy Road, Hastings Chambers, 2nd Floor, Room No. 1, Kolkata - 700 001