- Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd; a Government Company,
registered under the companies Act, 1956, has been formed in 1978 after
reorganisation of the erstwhile Fertilizer Corporation of India &
National Fertilizers Ltd.
- The company is engaged in Production & Marketing of nitrogenous &
complex fertilizers & industrial chemicals with its manufacturing units
at Trombay & Thal & marketing offices in most of the States of India.
- The Company had taken a KD 30 million loan in 1981 to meet the
foreign exchange component of Thal Project.
- The company has bagged an Award for social forestry of the Bombay
Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the year 1990-91.
- The plantlets of sugarcane were regenerated via callus derived from
young inflorescence, followed by young leaf explants. Tissue culture
on multivitamin plant, Chakurmani, has been initiated and screening
number of culture media and explants is in progress.
- A 5000 MTPA plant has been set up at Thal. Mechanical erection of
the plant is completed and the plant is being commissioned.
- RCF is proposing to set up a 2.5 lakh MTPA phosphoric acid plant in a
rock producing country like Togo or Jordan .
- An agreement has been entered into in January 1991 with M/s
Mitsubishi Corporation of Japan to provide technical personnel for
operational and supervisory services in connection with
pre-commissioning, commisioning and test run of Jamuna Fertilizer
Project in Bangladesh.
- The company's Education-cum-Training scheme for SC/ST students has
entered into 14th successful year and so far 100 SC/ST students have
received its benefits . The aim behind the scheme is to help and
motivate the students from SC/ST communities to take up higher studies
for their better future.
- The prestigious INDIRA GANDHI MEMORIAL NATIONAL AWARD instituted by
the Andhra Pradesh Public Sector Employees Federations was bagged by
Shri J Kohareswaran, Deputy Finance Manager (Thal) for 'BEST MANAGER'
and Shri D V Khapde, General Secretary of RCF Employee's Union, for
'EXCELLENT TRADE UNION LEADER' . Shri Shivaji Shinde of Trombay-V
Bagging Plant bagged 'GUNAWANT KAMGAR AWARD' of Government of
Maharashtra for the year 1991.
- During the year 1990-91 RCF has been adjudged as the 'BEST EMPLOYER'
by The National Society for Equal Opportunity for the Handicapped for
having employed high number of physically handicapped persons
particularly in category of the hearing handicapped . Dr. R N Trivedi,
Chief Research Scientist, has been adjudged 'BEST HANDICAPED EMPLOYEE'
for the year.
- The Company faced shutdown of two of its three streams of Urea Plant
for a fairly long period.
- Under the Technical Assistance Agreement with M/s. Haldor Topsoe, the
work for Auto Optimisation of four critical parameters in Ammonia
Plants by installation of Advanced Control System has been completed in
March 1992 which will result into energy saving of 0.1 to 0.15
MKcal/M.T. of Ammonia.
- A Comprehensive Purge Gas Recovery Unit is being set up with energy
conservation as one of its important objective.
- The Company has entered into Technical Assistance Agreement with M/s.
Haldor Topsoe, Denmark for technical upgradation of Ammonia Plants at
- An Adivasi Development Centre, which is also used as Balwadi and for
Adult Education and Medical Aid, has also been set up in Thane District
under the programme.
- The Company's R & D Centre has developed a new Complex Fertilizer
viz. Ammonium Polyphosphate (APP) (12:56:0) which is under extensive
field test with cereals, oil seeds and vegetable crops in the
Agricultural Research Farm at Thal, several Agricultural Universities
and ICAR Projects.
- The Company proposes to set up a Purge Gas Recovery unit at Thal for
recovery of Hydrogen.
- The Company has undertaken a project for agricultural development in
collaboration with European Economic Community (EEC).
- The Company had launched 'Chembur Green Project' to promote green
environment around its Trombay complex.
- The Company has a well established Research and Development Division
which is engaged in sustained applied research in the field of
fertilizers, chemicals agriculture and biotechnology.
- The Pilot Plant of 1.0 MT/Hr. capacity has been installed
commissioned and operated successfully during the year to produce NP
27:9:0 and 19:19:0 grades of Urea Nitric Phosphate which is a new
fertilizer material containing more than 90% water soluble P2O5.
- Dimethyl Formamide section of Plant at Thal has been commissioned.
Dymethyl Acetamide (DMAC) Plant at Thal DMAC Plant with the capacity of
3000 MT per annum is being erected at Thal and is likely to be
commissioned by November.
- M/s Linde AG, Germany has been awarded the contract to set up and
commission Purge Gas Recovery Unit at Trombay to reduce the over all
energy consumption, increase the Ammonia production and recover
Ammonia, Hydrogen, Methane and Argon from the Purge Gases.
- The production of Suphala and ANP was affected due to marketing
constraints and the production of Urea had suffered due to inadequate
availability of gas from Gas Authority of India.
- The company successfully commissioned a Dimethyl Acetamide Plant at
- The Company proposes to introduce the Advance control system in
Trombay V Ammonia plant to control critical parameters like
Hydrogen-Nitrogen ratio, steam carbon ratio, synthesis loop
pressure/purge flow, reformer firing and synthesis gas compressor
- The company has bagged the first Rajiv Gandhi Environment Award for
Clean Technology and the National Award for Prevention of Pollution
from Ministry of Environment and forests, government of India.
- Shri Abraham Thomas was appointed as Chairman and Managing Director
of the Company with effect from 20th October.
- The R & D Division of the Company has set up a production facility
for Isotope of Nitrogen [N-15] the only one in India] of 800 gms/annum
capacity at a cost of Rs.35.00 lakhs.
- Two of the employees viz. Mrs. Hemlata Lad and Shri Jaypal Patil from
Trombay and Thal Unit respectively bagged GUNVANT KAMGAR PURASKAR of
the government of Maharashtra for the year 1993.
- Mr. B.M. Rao, Sr. Technician and Mr. K.S. Mehta, Technician Gr. II
[Inst.] of PAP Plant were awarded the Vishwakarma award by the
government of India.
- The Company alongwith M/s. United Gulf Group of Saudi Arabia have
envisaged to set up a 'Machining And Equipment Accessories
Manufacturing and Industrial Service Centre', to cater to the
Petrochemical and Fertilizer Industries in and around Al-Jubail, Saudi
- The Company alongwith KRIBHCO and Oman Oil Company has been assigned
to set up a Joint Venture Ammonia and Urea complex in the Sultanate of
- 10000 MTPA Formic Acid plant and 1200 NM3/hr capacity CO plants are
being set up at Thal.
- The Company has successfully commissioned the Purge Gas Recovery
- The Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Konkan
Krishi Vidyapeeth, a premier Agricultural Research Organisation for
conducting extensive joint research and extension services in the field
of crop performance, yields, increasing efficiency of fertilizers etc.
- The company has a well equipped Farmers' Training Institute which is
committed to impart the latest knowhow in agricultural and farm
technology to the farmers.
- Four employees of the Company viz. Shri Vishwas N. Pathak, Sr.
Technician [Ele.], ANP, Shri Vasudev N. Dhekane, Sr.Operator CNA Plant,
Shri Dilip L. Jambhale, Sr. Operator Ammonia V and Shri Tukaram S.
Divekar, Sr. Operator NSG plant bagged GUNVANT KAMGAR PURASKAR of the
Government of Maharashtra for the year 1994.
- Shri Ramesh Pillay, Sportsman [Hockey] was conferred Shiv Chatrapati
Award by the Government of Maharashtra for the year 1994-95.
- Shri Rajendra Purushottam Paradkar, Shift Manger Tr. V Ammonia Plant
has bagged the Fifth Indira Gandhi Memorial National Award for the year
1994 as EXCELLENT MANAGER.
- Shri K.W. Deshpande, Chief Engineer, Management Services was
conferred the HK Firodia Award by the Indian Institute of Industrial
Engineering for the year 1994.
- The performance of the Trombay Unit was slightly affected due to
reasons such as failures in MSEB Power Grid, Shortage of Water Supply
from BMC, Gas Supply restrictions from ONGC etc.
- The President of India has appointed Shri S.Balan as full time
Director [Finance] w.e.f. 8.4.1996. Shri Pradeep Singh has been
appointed as Chairman and Managing Director w.e.f. 18.7.96.
- The Company has signed an agreement with National Securities
Depository Ltd. on 4.2.1996 for trading the Company's shares in
- The 'Joint Venture Agreement' with the Oman Oil Company and KRIBHCO,
for setting up a Fertilizer Complex in Oman was signed during the visit
of His Highness The Sultan of Oman in April.
- The Purge Gas recovery unit was commissioned in December, 1996.
- A sewage treatment plant is also being set up at Trombay to process
the untreated ewage water received from Municipal Corporation and
recover fresh water.
- Shri Vinay Bansal, Director of the Company resigned from the office
w.e.f. 8.7.1997 consequent to his transfer as Secretary (Forests),
Government of Maharashtra.
- The President of India also appointed Shri D.K. Varma as Chairman and
Managing Director w.e.f. 4th October 1996 and Shri H.C.P. Sinha as
whole time Director (Technical) w.e.f. 26th February.
- The Company is one of the first Companies to sign Agreement with NSDL
for trading its scrips in Electronic form.
- The Company, has signed an agreement with Central Depository Services
[India] Ltd.[CDSL] on 24.2.99 for trading the Company's shares in
electronic form the for benefit of the Shareholders of the Company.
- Liquid micronutrients were launched during the year under the
brandname MICROLA and over 10,000 litres were sold in the state of
- The Company has signed an MOU with UCB S.A. Chemicals, Belgium, an
internationally reputed Chemicals manufacturing and marketing company
having units all over the world, to produce 20,000 MTPA, of
Methylamines and its derivatives at Thal.
- The Company has successfully commissioned 10,000 MT Ammonia storage
facility. The Company also commissioned the 150 MTPA Bio-fertilizer
Plant for producing BIOLA and MICROLA at Trombay and the Formic Acid
Plant with an installed capacity of 10,000 MTPA at Thal.
- The Company proposes to set up a single super phosphate manufacturing
plant with an annual capacity of 2.50 lakh tonne in Madhya Pradesh.
- Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers Limited, Mumbai and Maharashtra
Scooters Ltd., Satara, were presented the Dr. R J Rathi Award for
Environment Pollution Control.
-Rashtriya Cgemicals and Fertilisers Limited, finalised its wage agreement with
-RCF shuts down two of its plants at trombay because of natural gas shortages.
-RCF signed a memorandum of Association with the government under which
total area production is targeted at 16.91 lakh metric tonne.
-Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers Ltd ha turned to British Gas for
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to meet its feedstock requirements.
-RCF submitted Expression of Interest to acquire the fertilizer plants of
SAIL and Pradeep Phosphate.
- Government appointed Mr.H.P.Pota as Director of Rashtriya Chem Board
-Mr.S.Balan has been appointed as the Chairman and MD of Rashtriya Chemicals
-Company informed the exchange about the appointment of additional directors
Lt.Gen Mr.M.S Bhullar, Mr. Sanjay Kaushik, Dr.H.Shanthamma, Prof.Ashok Mishra
-Governement invited bids to select advisors for the disinvestment of 51% stake in
-RCF posted a net profit of Rs. 31.8million for the quarter as against the net loss
the previous year.
-RCF has informed that Shri. H.S.Karangale has been appointed as Director (Technical) on the Board of Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited.
-RCF signs MOU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd
-Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd (RCF) has appointed Dr. Ashok Misra, Director (IIT), Mumbai, Shri. Anil Agrawal, Chartered Accountant and Shri. I C Srivastava, IAS (Retired) as Non-official Directors on the Board of the Company for a period of three years.
- Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers (RCF) bagged the MoU Excellence Award for 2006-07 and 2007-08. U. S.
-Golden Peacock Environment Management Award to RCF-Trombay