1987 - RSL was incorporated as a Private Limited Company on December 2,
under the Companies Act, 1956 and it was converted into a Public
Limited Company on February 5, 1992. RSL was promoted by R.R.
1992 - The Company set up its Hardware facilities in March. It
presently specialises in developing commercial application
software using IBM Mainframe in the MVS.
1994 - The company has made up front significant investments in building
a world class infrastructure, which is state to pay off
rewardingly as the company progresses to offshore based solutions
- The company has taken a pride in being process driven, where
quality is fast becoming a major component of RS organisation
- The Company is today the leader in software development in the
Eastern Region of India, making it the best choice for people who
wish to pursue the high profile career in software export
- The company has been appointed 'Reengineering Alliance Partner'
for Texas Instruments, USA creating a comprehensive strategic
relationship to develop enterprisewide software application for
worldwide Texa Instrument customers by using TT'S Integrated
Computer Aided Software Engineering (I-CASE) solution, the
Information Engineering Facility (IEF).
1995 - In November, the infrastructure for the satellite link between
Calcutta and California was completed.
- The Company was the first in the country to install the IBM 390
Mainframe, and are at present one of the very few to be equipped
with an ES 9000.
- The Companyis now one of only three software companies in India
capable of recruiting and training in the large IBM systems
area, while providing total solutions.
1996 - The Company has entered into a strategic alliance with M/s.
Software AG. Germany the eighth largest Software Company in the
world to bring their global solutions into India through the
instrumentality of the Company.
- The Company is one of the very few software companies in India
that has consistently focused on developing skills in the IBM
- The Company has entered into an alliance with Millennium Dynamics
Inc. Cincinnati, USA, which is a fully owned subsidiary of Great
America Insurance, the 15th largest insurance company in America.
- The products currently under development at RS Software will be
launched in the global marketplace in the next 12-18 months.
1997 - In the field of Datawarehousing, R S Software has already entered
into an alliance with Software AG, Germany, who are amongst the
world's top five vendors for this technology.
- RS Software became the first company in India to install the IBM
390 architecture large system, doing so within a few months of
the product's worldwide launch.
- The company also introduced the information engineering
facility (IEF) CASE TOOL from Texas Instruments, US, with whom
RS software has a re-engineering alliance, again becoming one
of the first Indian companies to do so.
- The company has its own development centre at the impressive Salt
Lake Electronic Complex near Calcutta and is now setting up a
separate facility near the existing one.
- The company has a full-fledged computer centre with an IBM
mainframe and several PC workstations in a local area network
- The company is now in a strategic alliance with Software AG of
Germany to bring their global solutions in India.
- The company was set up in 1991 with the vision of emerging as a
quality software developer for the international market.
- The Calcutta-based R S Software Ltd has emerged as a prominent
player in the lucrative software industry. The company is
predominantly engaged in mainframe technologies like MVS,
Adabase, Cobol, Assembler, IEF, etc.
- The company entered into a strategic alliance with Newell and
Budge to garner a large share of European customised software
market in the IBM mainframe segment.
1998 - RSSL has tied up with a conversion tool vendor Millennium
- The Company has developed a unique concept in the area of
testing., a significant part of the total software lifecycle.
- The Company is building up a team of persuasive marketers whose
agenda will be to provide a platform for major growth in the
- 14% and 16% Cumulative Redeemable Preference Shares of the face
value of Rs. 3,000,000 and Rs. 5,000,000 were due for redemption
at par on 07 March 1997 and 31 March 1998 respectively.
1999 - R.S. Software, one of the major software exporters in the
eastern part of the country, has signed a joint venture
agreement with Hanover Direct Inc. of the US for setting up a
company to develop software, systems and programming for
electronic commerce applications in direct marketing, retail
industries and general merchandising.
- The company has also expanded its technology base by developing
capabilities in AS/400, client-server, web and e-commerce.
- R S Software (India) has decided to set up a Rs 8-crore software
development centre in Calcutta and enter into Internet and
electronic commerce applications forays soon.
2000 - The Company, the Calcutta-based offshore service provider, has
offered five lakh equity shares under a new employees stock
2001 - The Company has achieved global benchmarking in the area of best quality
practices, accreditation Level-3 of People Capability Maturity Model (PCMM)
during Novemer 2000. It is the fifth company worldwide to make it.