1968 - The company was incorporated on 20th November, as Electronic
Consortium Pvt. Ltd. Subsequently the company become deemed
Public Company U/S 43(A) of the Act with effect from 16th June
1988 and subsequently by Special Resolution passed by
Shareholders at the Annual General Meeting held on 24th December,
- The original promoters were Mr. Gyan Prakash Bhutani and
associates. The Jiwarajka family, the present promoters and
owners of the company are managing the company since 1977.
- The company is engaged in the manufacture of TVs (both B&W and
Colour) which are marketed under the name 'Salora'.
- The company is also a star export house, exporting products
manufactured by itself as well as traded merchandise and is also
engaged in distribuiton and marketing of Office Automation
1989 - The company changed its name as ECp Ltd. on 6th January.
1992 - The company again changed its name to Salora International
Ltd. on 31st March.
- The Company continues to be the largest manufacturer in the
country of Fly Back Transformers and Deflection Yokes, the two
key import substitute components of Television sets.
- Project to manufacture Hi-Fi Audio Systems in collaboration with
M/s Matsushita Electric Inudstrial Co. Ltd (Japan), under the
brand name 'National'. With this, the Company will establish
itself well in the rapidly growing Audio market.
1993 - The Company made its maiden Public Issue of 31,10,000 No. of
Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each at a premium of Rs.40/- per share
aggregating Rs. 15.55 Crores.
- The Company has recently received the coveted awards for
excellent performance in exports. Electronics & Software Export
Promotion Council- Highest growth in exports of Consumer
Electronics, Apparel Export Promotion Council-2nd Largest
Exporter of Knitted Garments, Apparel Export Promotion Council-
4th largest Exporter of Knitted Garments to Non-Quota Countires.
- A Technical Assistance Agreement has been signed with M/s
Matsushita who are the world's largest producers of entertainment
electronics. The products to be manfactured under this
Collaboration will be marketed under the world famous 'PANASONIC'
brand for which a separate Trade Mark Licence Agreement has also
been signed with the collaborator.
1994 - Panasonic Project for manufacture of 200,000 Colour TV sets and
400,000 Audio Systems in technical collaboration with Matsushita
Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. of Japan.
- The Company is getting all-round support from its Japanese
- Company in its pursuit of excellence has received the ISO 9002
Certification for its Deflection Yoke factory at NOIDA
Phase - I and also for its Loud Speaker manufacturing unit
at NOIDA Phase -Il.
1995 - The Company has co-promoted a Joint Venture Company - Salora
Shinsung Textile Company Ltd, a 100% EOU for manufacture of
socks, in collaboration with Shinsung Tongsang Co. Ltd, Korea.
- The company has strengthened its R&D facilities and launched new
models of Colour and B/W TVs developed by its R&D.
- The Company has received Quality Certification ISO 9002, for its
Deflection Yoke and Fly Back Transformer factory and also for
Loud Speaker Division.
1996 - Panasonic Division was set up to manufacture Colour Televisions
and Audio Systems under the brand name 'Panasonic' in technical
collaboration with Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd.
- The Company has recently introduced new models of Black and White
and Colour TV sets under 'SALORA' brand.
- The Company launched new models of Black & White and Colour TV
sets with special features that evoked good response from
- The Company introduced for the first time in Country the
Hyperband series of 20' and 21' FFST Colour Television sets, to
cater to the futuristic requirements.
- 1,76,40,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10/- each of the said new
company (MTAIC) will be allotted as fully paid up shares to the
shareholders of this company in the ratio of 2 shares of MTAIC
for one share held in this company.
1997 - The Company has launched a new range of 'Panasonic' brand fax
machines and printers and also sophisticated whiteboard called
- The Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for
procuring customized power equipments with a local manufacturer
who manufactures High Frequency Power Equipments for telecom
- The company has a technical collaboration with Kyushu Matsushita
Electric Co. of Japan, which is a world leader in the field of
- SIL has technical collaboration with the Japan-based Matsushita
Electric Industrial Company Ltd for manufacturing FBT. It has
recently renewed its technical collaboration agreement for a
further period of five years.
- SIL has technical collaboration with Matsushita for manufacturing
- Salora International's joint venture with Matsushita Electric
Industrial Co forbids it from entering into any such agreement
with another multinational.
- SIL has technical collaboration with Matsushita for manufacturing
1998 - The Company entered into a 50:50 joint venture with Pacer
International Inc of the US for providing consultancy and turnkey
solutions to the information technology and telecom industries in
- The Delhi-based Salora International is all set to enter into
the computer hardware business.
1999 - The Company, which has entered into an exclusive arrangement to
market the recently-launched fax machines of Daewoo Telecom in
India and SAARC nations, has readied a focussed marketing
strategy for the SOHO segment.
- ICRA has upgraded the rating assigned to Rs. 10-crore commercial
paper programme of Salora International Ltd (SIL) from 'A1' to
- The Company has launched a new range of CTVs X-Cite series with
'Zero Alignment Product' (ZAP) technology.
- The company entered into a 50:50 joint venture with Pacer
International Inc of the US for providing consultancy and
turnkey solutions to the information technology and telecom
industries in India.
2000 - The Company engaged in telecom and electronics business, has set
up two software joint venture.
- Salora is the verge of signing a joint venture with a UK-based
entity for launching commodity exchange trading systems.
- The Company has entered into a Tri-partite agreement with CDSL to
facilitate the holding and transfer of company's equity shares in
- The Company entered into a joint venture with Bangalore-based
Encompass Software Systems and Solutions for software products
and services, and vertical portals businesses.
- The second joint venture is a 51:49 venture with FX Technologies
Ltd for computer distribution and retailing.
- The company has launched Jadoonet.com Ltd, a joint venture with
Infoquest e-commerce to provide Internet access, the device,
Jadoo Classic, provides access to the Internet via a television.
- Salora International announced a distribution tie-up with Korean
major Samsung for the latter's plain paper for fax machines.
- The Company has tie-up with a California based R&D company, Logic
++, to provide cost-effective Internet solutions for the Indian
- Salora International has tied up with Britannia Industries for
the 'Britannia Khao Cricketer Ban Jao' consumer promotion.
- Salora International has launched a range of DVD and VCD players.
- Salora International tie up with US firm SRS Labs Inc for
innovative audio and vide technology solutions.
- Ericsson Communications had entered into a strategic alliance with
Salora International for the marketing and distribution of its cellular
phones and accessories.
2001 - The Company has launched Promax, a new range of colour televisions.
2002 - The Company has informed the that Mr. B L Chandak has been appointed as Compliance Officer.
-Jiwarajka family, the promoters, raise their equity holding in the company to 70%
-ReignCom ties up with Salora International to roll out Iriver product
-Salora International Ltd has entered into Supply & Distribution Agreement dated June 17, 2005, with M/s MIM Resources Sdn Bhd a company incorporated in Malaysia, who are the main distributors of M/s TEAC Corporation, Japan
-Salora International enters into agreement with TEAC Corp, Japan
- Salora International Ltd has appointed Mr. Surinder Sood, Head Finance & Accounts, as Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of the Company, within the meaning of Revised Clause 49 of the Listing Agreement.