1957 - The company was incorporated as a Pvt. Ltd. Co. on June 26th. It
became a deemed Public Limited co. w.e.f. March 30th, 1974 and
after the first public issue made by it in the year 1986, it
became a widely held Public Ltd. co.
- The company's best selling plywood products brand named Duroply,
Durobord, Durot eak and Pumaply are ackowledged market leaders
with a reputation for high quality and durability.
- Sarda International Ltd; and Sarda Housing Development Ltd. are
subsidiaries of the company. The company stands out as one of
the few manufactures commanding national presence in the market
- The focus of growth of the company has been mainly is export and
import substitution areas, to earn + conserve valuable foreign
exchange. A 100% export oriented unit for the manufacture of
special woolpack, HPPE bags had been set up at the Falta Export
processing Zone near the Calcutta.
1995 - The Company signed a MOU has been signed with the West Bengal
industrial Development Corporation Ltd. for setting up a Medium
Density Fibre Board Plant and another MOU with Punjab Agro
Industries Corporation Ltd. for a Particle Board Plant.
1999 - SPIL had launched advertising campaigns in the northern and
western parts of the country to tell its clientele ``that the
product was back with the same quality assurance as before and
that future supplies would not have and disruptions''.
2000 - Sarda Plywood has tied up with PS Plywood Pvt. Ltd. for
manufacturing plywood and blockboards.
-Sarda Plywood enters into Agreement with STPPL.
- The Company has started commercial production, at the Plywood manufacturing factory at Rajkot which was acquired on license basis from M/s. P S Plywood Products Pvt Ltd.
- The Company has started commercial production at its plywood factory at Jeypore, Assam.
- Shri Sudeep Chitlangia has been re-appointed as the Managing Director of the Company.
-Shri Sohan Lal Yadav has been re-appointed as Wholetime Director of the Company.
-Ms. Jaya Sengupta has joined as Chief Financial Officer and Shri Ravi Murarka will work as Company Secretary with effect from April 01, 2014. He will also act as Compliance Officer with effect from that date.