1985 - The Company was Incorporated as Kalyani Telecommunications &
Electronics Pvt. Ltd. on 5th July, and was converted into public
limited company on 20th September.
- It was promoted by Bharat Forge Ltd. The name of the company was
changed to Kalyani Sharp India Ltd., on 2nd May, 1986. The
Company is engaged in the manufacture of CTVs, B & W TVs and VCRs
under the brand name 'OPTONICA'.
- The Company's object is manufacturing and marketing of colour
TVs, B & W TVs, VCRs/VCPs/VTY/DMs.
1990 - The Company undertook the expansion of installed capacity of CTVs
from 75,000 to 1,00,000 nos. per annum and VCRs/VCPs/VTDMs from
50,000 to 3,00,000 nos. per annum in technical collaboration
with sharp Corporation, Japan. Plant and machinery for the
assembly of VCRs and PCB assembly lines were planned and selected
in consultation with sharp.
- The Company signed a joint venture agreement with Sharp
Corporation, Japan. Sharp had agreed to contribute 40% of the
issued, subscribed and paid-up capital of the Company and also
agreed for transfer of VCR technical know-how to the Company.
- Simultaneously with the public issue of equity shares, the
Company also issued 1,76,000 - 12.5% secured redeemable partly
convertible debentures of Rs.200 each of which 8,8000 debentures
were reserved for preferential allotment to employees (only 890
debentures were taken up). The remaining 1,67,200 debentures,
along with 7,910 debentures not taken by employees, were offered
to the public. All were taken up.
- Part A of Rs.100 of each debentures was to be converted into 10
No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each at par on the date of
allotment of debentures. Accordingly 17,60,000 No. of equity
shares were allotted.
- Part B of Rs.100 of each debentures was to be redeemed at par in
three instalments of Rs.33, Rs.33 and Rs.34 at the end of 8th,
9th and 10th year respectively from the date of allotment.
- 7 shares subscribed for by signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. Allotted 17,99,993 shares to subsidiaries of Bharat
Forge Ltd. and 12,00,000 shares to Sharp Corpn. Japan.
1991 - 140,40,000 shares issued at par out of which 57,20,000 shares to
Bharat Forge, Ltd. (promoters) and 63,20,000 shares to Sharp
Corpn. Japan were reserved and allotted on a firm basis. Another
1,00,000 shares were reserved for preferential allotment to
employees, etc. (all were taken up). The balance 19,00,000
shares were offered to the public in October 1991 (all were taken
up). 17,60,000 shares were allotted at par in conversion of
Part-A of debenture.
1993 - The production capacity of CTV and B & W TVs and Audio systems
2000 - The Company has launched its 'VN-EZ1E Internet Viewcam', an
MPEG-4 digital recorder for Internet video communication, in the
2002-Kalyani Sharp India Ltd Board of Directors has appointed Mr Kazuo Kakita and Mr Mitsunori Shiino as Additional Directors of the Company.
2003-The Board of Directors of Kalyani Sharp India Ltd at their meeting held on January 20, 2003:
1. Noted the resignation of Mr M Morita as a Director wef January 20, 2003
2. Noted the resignation of Mr R Nishikawa as a Director as well as Whole Time Director (Technical) wef January 20, 2003.
3. Inducted Mr K Kawabe as an Additional Director wef January 20, 2003.
4. Inducted Mr K Usumura as an Additional Director & also appointed Mr K Usumura as Wholetime Director (Technical) wef January 20, 2003.