Mar 31, 2014
We have audited the accompanying financial statements of SHESHADRI INDUSTRIES LIMITED, SECUNDERABAD ("the Company"), which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 31, 2014, and the Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended, and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management''s Responsibility for the Financial Statements:
Management is responsible for the preparation of these financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the Accounting Standards referred to in sub-section (3C) of section 211 of the Companies Act, 1956 ("the Act"). This responsibility includes the design, implementation and maintenance of internal control relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditor''s judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error.
In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal control relevant to the Company''s preparation and fair presentation of the financial statements in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by management, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements. We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the financial statements give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India:
a. in the case of the Balance Sheet, of the state of affairs of the Company as at March 31,2014;
b. in the case of the Statement of Profit and Loss , of the profit for the year ended on that date; and
c. in the case of the Cash Flow Statement, of the cash flows for the year ended on that date
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements:
1. As required by the Companies (Auditor''s Report) Order, 2003 ("the Order") issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (4A) of section 227 of the Act, we give in the Annexure a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 4 and 5 of the Order.
2. As required by section 227(3) of the Act, we report that:
a. we have obtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purpose of our audit;
b. in our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as appears from our examination of those books ;
c. the Balance Sheet, Statement of Profit and Loss, and Cash Flow Statement dealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account;
d. in our opinion, the Balance Sheet, Statement of Profit and Loss, and Cash Flow Statement comply with the Accounting Standards referred to in subsection (3C) of section 211 of the Companies Act, 1956;
e. On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on March 31, 2014, and taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the directors is disqualified as on March 31,2014, from being appointed as a director in terms of clause (g) of sub-section (1) of section 274 of the Companies Act, 1956.
f. Since the Central Government has not issued any notification as to the rate at which the cess is to be paid under section 441 A of the Companies Act, 1956 nor has it issued any Rules under the said section, prescribing the manner in which such cess is to be paid, no cess is due and payable by the Company.
ANNEXURE TO THE AUDITORS'' REPORT
Referred to in paragraph 3 of our report of even date,
1. a. The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation of fixed assets.
b. As explained to us, the management has physically verified most of the fixed assets during the year and there is a regular programme of verification which, in our opinion, is reasonable having regard to the size of the Company and the nature of the assets. No material discrepancies were noticed on such verification.
c. The fixed assets disposed off during the year are not substantial and hence it has not affected the going concern status of the Company
2. a. The inventory has been physically verified during the year by the management. In our opinion, the frequency of verification is reasonable.
b. In our opinion, the procedures of physical verification of inventories followed by the management are reasonable and adequate in relation to the size of the company and the nature of its business.
c. The Company is maintaining proper records of inventory. The discrepancies noticed on physical verification between the physical stocks and book records were not material.
3. The Company has not taken/granted any loans, secured or unsecured to Companies, firms or other parties covered in he Register maintained under Section 301 of the Act. Hence, provisions of clause (iii), (b), (c), (d), (f) and (g) of paragraph 4 are not applicable to the Company.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, there are adequate internal control systems commensurate with the size of the Company and the nature of its business with regard to purchase of inventory and fixed assets and with regard to sale of goods and services. During the course of our audit, we have not observed any continuing failure to correct major weaknesses in internal control system.
5. a) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, we are of the opinion that the particulars of contracts or arrangements referred to in section 301 of the Companies Act, 1956 have been entered in the register to be maintained under that section. b) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the transactions made in pursuance of contracts or arrangements entered in the register maintained under Section 301 of the Companies Act, 1956 have been made at prices which are reasonable having regard to prevailing market prices at the relevant time.
6. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public. Hence the provisions of Section 58A, 58AA and other relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Rules, 1975 are not applicable.
7. In our opinion, the Company has an internal audit system commensurate with its size and nature of its business.
8. We have broadly reviewed the books of account relating to materials, labour and other items of cost maintained by the company pursuant to the Rules made by the Central Government for the maintenance of cost records under section 209(1)(d) of the Companies Act, 1956 in respect of Textiles and are of the opinion that prima facie the prescribed accounts and records have been made and maintained.
9. a) According to the records the Company is regular in depositing with appropriate authorities undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund, Investor Education and Protection Fund, Employees'' State Insurance, Income-tax, Sales Tax, Wealth Tax, Service Tax, Custom Duty, Excise Duty, Cess and other material statutory dues applicable to it.
b) According to the information and explanations given to us, no undisputed amounts payable in respect of Income-Tax, Sales Tax, Wealth Tax, Service Tax, Custom Duty, Excise Duty and Cess were in arrears, as at 31st March, 2014.
c) According to the records of the Company and the information and explanations given to us, the dues of sales tax, Income Tax, Customs Duty, Wealth Tax, Service Tax, Excise Duty and Cess which have not been deposited on account of any dispute are as follows :
Sl. Nature of the Nature of the Amount Period to No Statute Dues (Rs) which the amount relates (Financial Year)
1 M.P. Sales Tax Act Sales Tax dues 3,39,773/- 2003-2004
2 M.P. Sales Tax Act Sales Tax dues 7,25,736/- 2004-2005
5 Customs Act, 1962 Interest on 20,32,054/- 2003-2004 Customs Duty
6. Customs Act, 1962 Customs Duty 16,14,454/- 2002-2003
Sl. Nature of the Forum where dispute is No Statute pending 1 M.P. Sales Tax Act Deputy Commissioner (Appeal) Sales Tax, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
2 M.P. Sales Tax Act Deputy Commissioner (Appeal) Sales Tax, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
5 Customs Act, 1962 Hon''ble High Court, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
6. Customs Act, 1962 Tribunal CESAT, New Delhi
10. The Company has accumulated losses (Transferred from Suryavanshi Spinning Mills Limited on 01.04.2013 (Appointed Date) pursuant to the Scheme of Demerger) at the end of the financial year. The Company has not incurred cash losses during the financial year covered by our audit. The Company incurred cash loss immediately in the preceding financial year.
11. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not defaulted in repayment of dues to any financial institutions and banks.
12. The Company has not granted loans and advances on basis of security by way of pledge of shares, debentures and other securities.
13. The company is neither a chit fund nor a nidhi mutual benefit fund/society. Therefore, the provisions of clause 4(xiii) of the above referred Order are not applicable to the company.
14. The Company is not dealing or trading in shares, securities, debentures and other investments. Therefore, the provisions of clause 4(xiv) of the Companies (Auditor''s Report) Order, 2003 are not applicable to the Company
15. According to the information and explanations given to us,the Company has not given any guarantee for loans taken by others from banks or financial institutions.
16. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us the term loans were applied for the purpose for which the loans were obtained.
17. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us the funds raised on short-term basis have not been used for long-term investment.
18. During the year, the Company has made 41000 equity shares of Rs. 10/- each preferential allotment of shares to parties and Companies covered in the Register maintained under section 301 of the Companies Act, 1956.
19. During the year, the Company has not issued any debentures and therefore the question of creating security or charge in respect thereof does not arise.
20. During the year, the Company has not made any public issue and therefore the question of disclosing the end use of money raised by public issue does not arise.
21. Based upon the audit procedures performed and according to the information and explanations given to us, we report that no fraud on or by the Company has been noticed or reported during the year.
for K.S.RAO & CO. Chartered Accountants. Firm''s Regn. No.000513S
(V.V.RAO) Place: Hyderabad Partner Date: September 03, 2014 Membership No.015850