1979 - The Company was incorporated on 25th October, at Jaipur. The
Company was promoted by members of the Bangur family and others.
Shree Digvijay Cement Co. Ltd., Graphite India, Ltd. and Fort
Gloster Industries, Ltd. took active part in the promotion of the
Company. The Company manufacture's cement & cement products.
- To reduce fuel and power consumption, the Company adopted the
latest dry process, four stage preheater precalcination
technology of clinkerisation and air swept roller mill grinding
system for raw material and coal grinding.
- The Company entered into agreement with F.L. Smidth & Co. A/s.
Copenhagen, a designer and manufacture of cement plants, its
associates F.L. Smidth & Cia. Espanola S.A., Madrid and with
Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Mumbai for the supply of plant equipment
and services for the proposed project.
1984 - 70 No. of equity shares subscribed for by the signatories to the
Memorandum of Association. In Oct./Nov. 1,53,99,930 No. of
equity shares issued of which 1,06,99,930 shares reserved for
firm allotment as follows:
- (i) 48,00,000 shares to Shree Digvijay Cement Co. Ltd.;
- (ii) 11,00,000 shares each to Graphite India, Ltd. and Fort
Gloster Industries, Ltd. and
- (iii) 36,99,930 shares to Directors, their friends etc. including
upto 25,00,000 shares to NRIs with repatriation rights. The
balance 47,00,000 shares offered to the public of which 18,80,000
shares offered for allotment on preferential basis to
1985 - Commercial production commenced from 1st May.
1986 - A diesel generating set of 13.6 MW was installed for captive
1987 - 46,00,000 shares issued to financial institutions in conversion
1991 - Production of clinker and cement declined due to a major shut
down of the plant for implementation of
- The Company undertook to set up a new cement plant of 0.6 million
TPA capacity in Rajasthan.
- 7,96,000 No. of Equity shares issued to financial institution in
conversion of loan.
1992 - 36,00,000 shares allotted to FLT Ltd. a wholly owned subsidiary
of P.L. Smith & Co. Denmark under financial collaboration
1993 - The Company undertook a scheme of implementing second stage of
its licensed capacity to increase its capacity to 3300 tonnes
- The Company issued 21975 - 16% each with equity warrants and
these will be converted as per institutional guidelines.
- 2,40,021 shares issued in pursuance of scheme of Amalgamation.
1994 - The Company issued 10,00,000-16% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs 100
each on private placement basis.
- A scheme of amalgamation of an existing leasing and finance
Company with the Company was prepared for undertaking leasing
activities and other financial services on large scale.
- M/s. Mannakrishna Investment, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the
1995 - The Company undertook the implementation of new unit of 124 MT
capacity per annum named 'Raj Cement'.
- 43,95,000 No. of Equity shares on surrender of detachable
optional share warrants attached with 16% unsubscribed
non-Convertible Debentures of 100 each.
1996 - The Company commissioned its second cement plant - Raj Cement
with a capacity of 12.4 lakh tonnes per annum in Beawar.
- 58,06,204 rights shares issued (prem. Rs 10 per share) in the
1998 - Shree Cement, the Calcutta-based PD-BG Bangur group company, has
decided to issue preference shares aggregating Rs 15 crore to
mobilise long-term funds.
- Shree Cement's expansion in capacity by 12.4 lakh tonnes at the
new unit in Reawar, has made it a leading cement manufacturer in
- ICRA has downgraded the rating of the NCD programme of Shree
Cement Ltd (SCL) from LAA to LA.
- The Rs 372-crore 1.25 million tonne cement plant near Ajmer was
commissioned during the year after considerable delay due to an
explosion in the electro-static precipitator.
- Shree Cements has an installed capacity to produce up to two
million tonnes of cement per annum in Rajasthan and has an
equity capital of about Rs. 34 crores.
1999 - The company has been awarded the first prize for energy
conservation in 1998 in the cement sector.
- SCL, belonging to the house of Bangurs, is one of the largest
cement manufacturers in North India, having the installed
capacity of 2 million tonnes. Its plants are located in
Rajasthan. The new plant was set up at Beawar with the
capacity of 1.24 million tpa in Rajasthan.
-Unit I and Unit II of the company receives National Award for 'Best Electrical Energy Performance' and 'Best Thermal Energy Performance' in the Cement Industry for the year 2000-01
-Decides to change the Accounting year to April - March each year and accordingly the current year is only for nine months.
-Appoints Mr M K Singhi as the Executive Director of Shree Cements.
-In pursuance to the IDBI, company approve for early redemption of privately placed under noted cummulative redeemable preference shares.
-Change in Management Structure:
Mr B G Bangur re-appointed as executive chairman and Shri H M Bangur re-appointed as the Managing Director for a period of five years.
-Members approve for the delisting of its shares from 4 stock exchanges of Jaipur, Kolkota, Delhi and Chennai exchanges.
-Confers the Runner up National Safety Award by the Ministry of Labour,GOI, in recognition of outstanding performance in Industrial Safety achieving longest accident free period.
-Receives permission for delisting of shares from Delhi Stock Exchange.
-The company has been conferred 'National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2003' instituted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre.
-Delisting of equity shares from Madras Stock Exchange Association Ltd
-Company conferred 'BEST PRODUCITY AWARD-2003' by the Rajasthan State Productivity Council in recognition of productivity measures and productivity improvements achieved
- Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industries, Jaipur presents 'RCCI Excellence Award' to Shree Cement Ltd in recognition of Overall Best Corporate Governance Practices and Disclosures in Annual Report among all companies having registered office in Rajasthan.
-Delist from The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd (CSE).
-Shree Cement commissions 6 MW captive Thermal Power Plant at Rajasthan
-Shree Cement bags TERI corporate award
-CII Energy Excellence Management Award 2005
-Launch of Bangur Cement in Feb 2005
-Shree Cement - Best Corporate Governance Award by RCC
-- Shree Cement Ltd has appointed Shri. Amitabha Ghosh as Director of the Company w.e.f. May 14, 2007.
-Shree Cement bags 'National Awards for excellence in water Management' 2007
-Shree Cement - RCCI Excellence Award
-Launch of Tuff Cemento 3556 in March 2007
-National awards for Excellence in Water Management as Water efficient Unit by CII, 2007.