1991 - The Company was incorporated on July 10, under the Companies Act,
1956. The certificate of commencement of business was obtained
on July 17. The Certificate of Registration for transfer of the
company's registered office to Gujarat was obtained on May 11,
- The Company is setting up a new industrial undertaking for the
manufacture of 61,380 tonnes per annum (tpa) of newsprint, 40,000
tpa of writing and printing paper and 24,000 tpa of coated
1992 - The Company has signed Technical Licence Agreement with the
foremost Newsprint manufacturer for the most advanced De-inking
-Rama Newsprint and Papers Ltd. has taken up Rs. 415 crore expansion -cum -modernisation programme.
1999 - Rama Newsprint had entered into a technical collaboration with
Garden State Paper Company Inc of New Jersey, USA, for providing
the know-how for the washing technology for de-inking old
-The Company has allotted 38,132,129 No. of equity shares to ICICI Ltd.
-Manufactures operations at the mill have been suspended since July 18, 2002 from 6.00 p.m.
-Rama Newsprin has allotted 2867871equity shares to ICICI Bank
-Company has received disclosure from ICICI Venture Funds Management Co. Ltd. (fund manager for ICICI equity Fund) that they have acquired 11608300 equity shares aggregating to 9.81% of the total paid-up capital of the Company as on June 27, 2003.
-Mr. S Ramalingam has appointed as Nominee Director
- West Coast Papers Mills has entered into share purchase agreement with ICICI Bank Ltd and ICICI Trusteeship Services Ltd for purchase of 78750315 shares (33.85% of total paid up equity) of the company @ Rs 5/- per share of the face value of Rs 10/- each, subject to restructuring of the Debt by Corporate Debt Restructuring Forum.
-West Coast Papers Mills Ltd has also entered into shareholders agreement with existing promoters of the company along with their associates concern, family members & friends in respect of 55136313 shares (23.70% of total paid up equity of the company) held by them.
- West Coast Paper Mills Ltd (acquirer) has on September 06, 2003 acquired 13,38,86,628 shares amounting to 57.55%.
- Mr. Parshottam Kukreja and Mr. Srichand S Agicha have resigned from the board.
-Mr. Vivek Raizada - Company Secretary has resigned from the company w.e.f December 01, 2003.
-Board has been restructured in the following manner;
(1) Mr. Vastu J. Ramsinghani resigned as Managing Director and will continue to act as Director of the Company .
(2) Mr. S.C.Bhargava resigned as Whole-time Director.
(3) Mr. C.U.Mangtani resigned as Whole-time Director.
(4) Mr. S. K. Bangur appointed as a Director of the Company.
(5) Mr. Virendra Bangur appointed as a Director of the Company.
(6) Mr. V.D. Bajaj appointed as Executive Director of the Company.
(7) Mr. K. L. Chandak appointed as a Director of the Company.
(8) Mr. Mujib Mundewadi appointed as a Nominee Director of ICICI Bank Limited.
(9) Mr. Haigreve Khaitan appointed as a Director of the Company.
-The S K Bangur group chairman Shree Kumar Bangur, along with four other representatives of the group, have joined the board of Rama Newsprint and Papers Ltd on Jan 9 following the acquisition of majority stake in the country's largest private sector newsprint maker.
-Sharehoders approve to delist shares from The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd., The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd., Madras Stock Exchange Ltd., The Stock Exchange Ahmedabad and Vadodara Stock Exchange Ltd.
- Delists equity shares of the company from Vadodara Stock Exchange (VSE) with effect from August 16, 2004
-Delists securities from The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association ltd (CSE), with effect from March 30, 2005.
-Rama Newsprint & Papers Ltd has appointed Shri. S Doreswamy as an additional and independent director of the Company.