1979 - The Company was Incorporated on 30th June, at Chennai. It was promoted by R. Thyagarajan, A.V.S Raja and T. Jayaraman. The Company provides hire purchase finance, and it confined its operation to financing transport sector as the sector had been registering consistent growth and also as trucks are assets generating revenue on a continuous basis with almost zero gestation period. The Company's operation are predominantly based in S. India.
- The Company's object is providing hire purchase finance to trucks.
- 50,000 shares subscribed for by signatories to Memorandum of Association. 2,50,000 shares the issued at par, of which 70,000 shares were reserved and allotted to promoters, directors etc.The remaining 1,80,000 shares offered to the public in February
1986 - During April, the company offered 36,000 - 15% secured fully convertible debentures of Rs.100 each as Rights basis in the prop. 6 debentures : 50 equity shares held.
- Simultaneously another 1,800 debentures were issued to the employees on an equitable basis.
- Additional 7,200 debentures were allotted to retain oversubscription. First, one-third face value conversion of Rs.1.5 lakhs was made in October and accordingly 1,50,000 No. of
equity shares were allotted.
- The second one-third face value conversion of Rs.1.5 lakhs was made in October 1987 and another 1,50,000 shares were allotted.
- The third one-third face value conversion of Rs.1.5 lakhs was made in October 1988, and another 1,50,000 shares were allotted.
- 3,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted in part conversion of 15% debentures.
1988 - Another 1,50,000 shares allotted in final conversion of 15% debs. in October.
1990 - During September, the company offered, 1,32,026 - 14% secured fully convertible debentures of Rs.150 each on Rights basis in the prop. 1 debenture : 10 equity shares held (all were taken up) Additional 19,804 debentures were allotted to retain oversubscription.
- Simultaneous to the above issue, the Company issued through a prospectus, 1,67,974 - 14% secured fully convertible debentures of Rs.150 each of which the following were reserved for allotment on a pref. basis.
- (i) 15,000 debentures to employees (only 190 debentures taken up),
- (ii) 40,000 debentures to Public Financial Institutions Mutual Funds. (all were taken up),
- The remaining 1,12,974 debentures along with 14,810 debentures
not taken up by employees were issued to the public (all were
taken up). Additional 25,196 debentures were allotted to retain
- Rs.50 of the face value each debenture was converted into 5 equity shares of Rs.10 each at par on the expiry of 6 months from the date of allotment of debentures. Accordingly 17,25,000 Noof equity shares were allotted on 1st June, 1991.
- Rs.50 of the face value of each debenture was converted into 5 equity shares of Rs.10 each at the expiry of 15 months from the date of allotment of debentures. Accordingly 17,25,000 shares
were allotted on 1.3.1992.
- The remaining Rs.50 of the face value of each debenture was converted into 5 equity shares of Rs.10 each at par after 24 months from the date of allotment. Accordingly 17,20,420 shares
- During 1996-97, company has made rights cum public issue of FCDs
2596940 FCDs and 1937430 FCDs of Rs.50 each were allotted through
rights issue and public issue respectively in June 1997.
- The terms of these FCDs are as follows:
- Part A of Rs.10 will be converted into one equity share of Rs.10 each at par, at the end of 12 months from the date of allotment. Part B of Rs.20 will be converted into two equity shares of Rs.10 each at par, at the end of 24 months from the date of allotment. Part C of Rs.20 will be converted into two equity shares of Rs.10 each at par, at the end of 36 months from the date of allotment.
- 5,00,000 Rights equity shares allotted at par in prop. 2:3. Additional 75,000 shares allotted to retain oversubscription.
1991 - 17,25,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each allotted on full conversion of 14% debentures.
1992 - 34,45,420 shares allotted on conversion of 14% debs.
1993 - A new product in the name of Lease Portfolio Management Scheme was launched that enabled lending institution and manufacturing companies avail the expertise and experience of the Company and thereby make use the post-tax returns, management risks of the transport finance business.
1994 - 64,84,910 rights shares of Rs.10 each issued on rights basis in prop. 1:1.
1995 - 4369 Rights equity shares kept in abeyance issued.
- Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd has informed BSE that the Board at its meeting held on October 7, 2002 accepted the resignation of Sri G V Raman as Chairman and Director of the company.
- Shriram Transport Finance Co. Ltd. has informed the Exchange that Mr. S Ranganathan has been inducted as a Nominee Director from Citicorp Finance (India) Ltd.
- Sri R Nagarajan has resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company
-Dr. T S Sethurathnam has been inducted as a Nominee Director from Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd at the Board Meeting held on November 28, 2003
-Shriram Transport Finance Company Board approves issue of share on preferential basis
-UTI Bank in ally with Shriram Transport Finance, Shriram Investments
-Shriram Transport Finance - Netherlands Development signs term sheet agreements
-Shriram Transport surges on Newbridge $100 m infusion
- Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd has informed that the following Additional Directors were inducted on the Board at the Board Meeting of the Company held on October 26, 2006:
1. Mr Adit Jain
2. Mr M S Verma
3. Mr Puneet Bhatia
4. Mr Mukund Manohar Chitale
5. Mr Ranvir Dewan
-Shriram Transport rolls out media campaign
-Newbridge acquires 49% stake in Shriram Holdings
-Shriram Transport signs Dharmendra as Brand Ambassador
-Goldman Sachs increases its stake in Shriram Transport
-STFC UTI LAUNCH CO-BRANDED CARD
-Shriram Transport acquires 40pc stake in Ashley Transport
-Ashok Leyland brings STFC as strategic partner in Ashley Transport Services
-Shriram-UTI Bank Launches Credit Card
-Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd has informed that Fitch Ratings India has affirmed the AA(ind) National rating of Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltds (STFC) debenture programme for an additional amount of INR 20 billion.
- Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd has appointed Mr. S. Lakshminarayanan (IAS) as an Additional Director of the Company w.e.f. September 22, 2009.
-ICAI Award - "silver shield" for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
-Best PE-Backed Company Award for 2008.
-The Company raised Rs 583.86 crores through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) of equity.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from 123, Angappa Naicken Street, Chennai - 600001, Tamil Nadu to Mookambika Complex, 3rd Floor, No. 4, Lady Desika Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600004, Tamil Nadu.
-Mr. Vivek M. Achwal has been appointed as the Company Secretary.
-Mr. Umesh Revankar has taken over as Managing Director of the Company.
-The Company has has recommended a final dividend of Rs. 4/- per equity share of Rs. 10 each (i.e. 40%).
- Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd. has declared an interim dividend of 30% i.e Rs. 3/- per equity share of the face value of Rs. 10/- each fully paid up to those members whose name appears in the Register of Members of the Company.
-Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd.- Declared an interim dividend of 40% i.e. Rs. 4/- per equity share of the face value of Rs. 10/- each fully paid up.
-Shriram Transport Finance Company has approved the amalgamation of Shriram Equipment Finance Company Ltd (SEFCL) with itself