- The Company was incorporated on 3rd July and obtained the Certificate
of Commencement of Business of 7th August. The Company was promoted by
Shyam Antenna Electronic Private Limited (SAEL) Rajiv Mehrotra, Ajay
Khanna and S. S. Puri.
- The Company had set up a project for the manufacture of Multi Access
Rural Radio System and Channel Digital Microwave Radio System with an
installed capacity of 600 Nos. 2/15 Shared Radio System, 4/48 MARR
System-50 Nos., 10 Channel UHF Digital System-100 Nos., 30 Channel
CDMR-100 Nos. at Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- The Company offered 29,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each for
cash at par of which 7,00,000 shares were offered to NRI promoters,
their relatives and associates, 2,00,000 shares to ICICI. 69,600 shares
to employees and 19,30,400 shares to public.
- The Company proposed to manufacture Digital Multi Access Rural
Radios, Digital Microwave Radios, Multiplexers (MUX), Optical Line
Terminal Equipments (OLTEs), VSAT Terminals, Supervisory Control & Data
Acquisition System (SCADA), Spread Spectrum Radios (SMARTLINK), and
Wireless in Local Loop (WLL) in addition to existing line of products.
- Products like SCADA and SMARTLINK designed by the company were being
introduced for the first time in India and further the introduction of
a wide range of products combined with its marketing strategy would
enlarge customer profile to include private network operators.
- The Company entered into joint venture a agreement with
Telecommunication Consultants India Ltd., Mobile, Wireless Co.
Mauritius, PCM Mauritius Pvt. Ltd. and Telesystem Mauritius Pvt. Ltd.
and formed Hexacom India Ltd. for providing cellular services in
Rajasthan and North East Telecom circles.
- Another joint venture company viz., Telelink Network (India) Ltd.
was formed with Harris of USA and PTT Ghangdong of China to provide
telephony services and was expecting to receive the letter of intent
for Rajasthan telecom circle.
-Company has signed a joint venture with the Essel Group of Zee TV fame to form Essel Shyam Communications Ltd (ESCL). The new company will offer a wide range of hybrid VSAT solutions in the country.
-Crompton Greaves (Telecom Division) and Shyam Telecom have merged as the lowest bidders in a 2 000-line tender for the indigenously developed 'CorDECT' Wireless Local Loop (WLL) system
-signed the licence agreement with the department of telecommunications (DoT) for operation of basic telecom services in Rajasthan.
- Asia Cellular Satellite (ACeS) mobile telecommunications unit had formed a joint venture to Market the service in India.
-In 1987 the telecom sector was opened to private enterprise partially by letting a number of enterprises manufacture components and telephone exchanges of C-DoT design only.
-In 1991 the entire area of manufacture was opened up and in 1994 under a new policy the private sector was invited to share both in manufacture and operations.
-Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) rejected an application by US telecom vendor Qualcomm for a 26 per cent stake in Rajasthan basic services licensee Shyam Telelink
-The registered office of the company has been shifted to 'A-60 Naraina Industrial Area
phase - I New Delhi - 110 028.
- Spanco Telesystems Solutions Ltd. has decided to merge itself with
the New Delhi-Based Shyam Telecom Ltd.
- Shyam Telecom Ltd. has successfully Commissioned DECT xs-a DECT-based
WLL system with the basic service operator in Nigeria.
- The wholly owned subsidiary, Shyam Telelink Limited has commercially
launched its basic telephony services-giving a new voice to Rajasthan.
-consolidates to woo foreign partner
-Reliance, Bharti get infrastructure provider licence
-Board approves a resolution for issuance of 25,00,000 preference shares at face value of Rs 10 each at an AGM held recently
-set up a telecom access network based on indigenously-developed Wireless in Local Loop (WLL) technology called DECTxs in Madagascar.
-lined up an ambitious blueprint for growth.
-decided to consolidate its holdings in the various service ventures of the group through its 100 per cent subsidiary, Shyam International Ltd., which will acquire the holdings of the promoter group in these ventures.
-The company has received letter from SBI Mutual Fund stating that it has acquired 17,21,428 equity shares of the company from the secondary market which exceeds 5% of the paid up equity capital
- launched a company, CinShyam, which will provide software products and services.
-Board approves transfer of the manufacturing business one of its subsidiary companies
-Change in the Registered Office from New Delhi to Jaipur (Rajasthan)
-Change of Name of the company
- Amendment in Memorandum & Articles of Association to increase the Authorised Capital of the company
- Mr Rajiv Mehrotra has resigned from the Board as Managing Director but shall continue as Chairman & Director. Mr K N Mehrotra, Whole Time Director, Mr S S Puri and Mrs Shyama Mehrotra Directors have resigned from the Board of the Company. Mr Ashutosh Garg and Dr Jhunjhunwala have been appointed as Additional Directors
-Receives purchase order for an amount of Rs.128 crs for the product Cor-Dect WLL from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd
-Mr Hemant Kumra, appointed as Additional Director w.e.f. March 26, 2002
- Mr Ravi Jaipuria appointed as a Director, w.e.f. December 20, 2002
-Essel enters into an alliance with Shyam Telecom for second DTH licence
-resolved to delist the equity shares of the Company from The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd., The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd., The Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange Ltd. and the Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad.'
-Shyam Telecom Ltd holds 37.5% equity shares of Hexacom (India) Ltd
-Shyam Tele picks up GSM licence in UK
- Shyam Telecom Ltd has appointed Mr. Vinod Juneja as an Additional Independent Director on the Board of the Company.
- Shyam Telecom Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on January 20, 2009, Mr. C S Malhotra has been appointed as an Additional Independent Director on the Board of the Company.