|The Company was incorporated on 26th July, 1983 under the name Swaraj Vehicles Ltd. and changed to the present name on 27th November, 1984.
The Company has been promoted by Punjab Tractors Ltd., in technical collaboration with Mazda Motor Corporation, Japan and Sumitomo Corporation, Japan.
The trial production was commenced in April 1985 and Commercial production by the third quarter of 1985.
The main object of the company is to manufacture light commercial vehicles.
The factory is located at village Asron, Dist. Hosiarpur, Punjab.
-Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) prepares a restructuring package at a cost of Rs. 7.8 crore
-The share department and office has been shifted to SCO:204-205 Sector 34-A Chandigarh - 160 022.
-Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company Ltd (CIFCL), part of the Chennai-based Murugappa group, has entered into a strategic alliance with commercial vehicle major Swaraj Mazda Ltd (SML) for offering financial support to dealers and customers of Swaraj Mazda
-Received an intimation from HDFC Mutual Fund regarding the change in shareholding in the company of their schemes.
- Swaraj Mazda Ltd has appointed Mr. K Nakajima as Whole-time Director of the Company for a five year tenure with effect from February 01, 2007.
- Board has recommended a dividend of Rs 5.50 per share.
- Board has recommended a dividend of Rs 1.50 per share.
- Board has recommended dividend of 40%(Rs. 4 per share).
-SML Isuzu Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 19:50
- The Registrar of Companies, Punjab, H. P. & Chandigarh, has approved the Change of Company name from Swaraj Mazda Ltd to SML ISUZU Ltd.
- SML Isuzu Ltd has submitted to BSE a copy of Abstract of the terms and conditions of appointment of Mr. Yutaka Watanabe, Managing Director of the Company pursuant to section 302 of the Companies Act, 1956.
-Company has changed its name from Swaraj Mazda Ltd. to SML Isuzu Ltd.
- The Board have recommended a dividend of Rs. 8.0 per share.
-SML Isuzu has recommended dividend of 80% (Rs. 8 per share).
-SML Isuzu have recommended dividend of 30% (Rs. 3 per share).
-ICRA upgrades long term rating of SML Isuzu