1964 - The Company was incorporated on 21st November, at Mumbai. The
main objective of the company is to manufacture solid container
board, fibre board, chip board, particle board, hard board, card
board and all other types of boards.
- 70 shares taken up by the signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. 1,69,930 shares subscribed for by promoters,
1968 - 10,000 Pref. shares issued to the public on 10th July. Pref.
shares redeemable during 16th July 1980/83.
1976 - Preference dividends amounting to Rs. 6,65,000 were in arrears
for the period from 1st April to 30th June 1983.
- Provision for any liability on account of non-redemption on due
date would be made as and when it arises.
1983 - The 9.5% cumulative redeemable preference shares were due for
redemption on 15th July, but they could not be redeemed on
account of liquidity constraints. Steps were initiated for
redemption of these shares.
- Solid Containers Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on April 29, 2008, has approved the following:
1. Appointment of Mr. Mohender Garg as an Additional Director on the Board of the Company with immediate effect. Mr. Garg will be a Non Executive Independent Director on the Board.
2. Appointment of Mr. S K Suri as a 'Manager' of the Company under section 269 of the Companies Act, 1956.