1985 - The Company was incorporated as Shri Radha Krishna Export Industries
Ltd., on 29th March, and has been engaged in the business of leasing and
- The company obtained the certificate of commencement of business on 9th
April. The Company's name was changed to Srei International Ltd. on 29th May,
1992 and further changed to Srei International Finance Ltd. with effect from
12th April, 1994 to reflect the focus on financial services.
1992 - The company had made a public issue of Equity Shares of Rs. 10 each for
cash at par aggregating Rs. 2.24 crore in July.
1993 - The Company had made a Rights Issue of 41,40,000 Equity Shares of Rs.10/-
each for cash at a premium of Rs.10/- per share. The issue was fully subscribed
reflecting the continued confidence reposed by the shareholders of the Company.
1994 - The Company obtained Category-I merchant banker status from SEBI on 15th
February. The Company's business portfolio was widened to include merchant
banking and investment banking.
- The Company has set up offices at Bombay, Calcutta, Delhi, Madras Bhubaneswar,
Udaipur, Jamshedpur and Goa and has established a national presence.
- The Company launching a deposit mobilisation drive for deposits from non-resident
Indians and corporate bodies, predominantly owned by non-resident Indians.
1995 - The Company has been extending leasing and hire purchase facilities for the
equipment of leading companies like Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Telco, Bharat
Earthmovers Ltd., Hindustan Motors Ltd., Tractors India Ltd., etc. as on 31st March.
- The Company has set up an Investment Banking Division. The objective of this
division is to sponsor bought out deals for OTCEI through Srei International
Securities Limited, an associate company and investment in the primary and
- The corporate slogan of the Company is "One People, One Commitment,
1997 - Srei International Finance Ltd. diversified into infrastructure project financing,
has launched its infrastructure Bond Series II.
1998 - The Company has received an 'in-principle' approval for a Full Fledged
Money Changers Licence for New Delhi from the Reserve Bank Of India and
the Licence is expected.
- The Company has been ranked 7th among the "Top Ten Large NBFCs" in the
country in a survey conducted by Financial Express-BRIS.
- The Company allotted 45454545 Equity Shares of Rs.10/- each at a price of
Rs. 22/ per share consequent upon conversion of 17% Compulsorily Convertible
Preference Shares of Rs. 100/- each, thereby raising the total Subscribed Capital
to Rs. 5373.45 lacs.
1999 - Srei International Finance is considering entering the mutual fund industry by
launching an infrastructure-dedicated fund.
2000 - Srei International Finance has entered into a collaboration with Citicorp Service
to market Visa Travel Money cards under its own brand name.
- Srei International Finance has signed an agreement with DEG, a wholly owned
financial insitution of the government of Germany, on the occasion of the joint
commission meeting between the Government of India and the government of
- The Bank has approached the Reserve Bank of India to set up a local area
- The rights issue of 54,00,000 unsecured sub-ordinated bonds of Rs.100 each
aggregating Rs.54 crores with four detachable tradable warrants will close on
- The Company proposed to increase the limit of issuing further securities from
Rs. 2,000 crores to Rs. 2,500 crores.
- The Company has signed an agreement with Hypovereinsbank of Germany
for a line of credit of euro 15 million.
- The company has informed BSE that Anant Hi Fin Private Ltd has acquired
4,05,100 equity shares of the company.
2001 - The Company has signed a memorandum of understanding with HDFC Standard
Life Insurance to promote and market life insurance and related products.
2002-Srei International Finance Ltd has informed the Exchange that Dr. Satish C Jha resigned as Director of the company.
-Srei International Finance Ltd has informed BSE that Dr Satish C Jha has resigned as Director of the company.
-SREI International Finance Ltd has informed BSE that it has promoted a wholly owned subsidiary Company "SREI Money Mall Ltd" with a paid up capital of Rs 0.5 million to, inter alia, act as distributors or agents of financial and non financial products and services.
-Unveils two fixed deposit schemes called Regular Income Scheme and Cumulative Scheme
-IRDA grants In-principle Composite Broking License to SREI Insurance Services Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of SREI International Finance Ltd. to offer broking services in life, general and re-insurance areas.
-SREI International Finance Ltd has informed that the Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad (ASE) has informed the Company that the securities of the Company are being removed from the list of Exchange w.e.f. February 10, 2004.
-Delists shares from Delhi Stock Exchange
-Mr M.S. Verma has joined Srei International Finance Ltd (Srei) as Chairman
-Srei International Finance Ltd (Srei), the infrastructure project finance company, has formed a 100 per cent subsidiary outfit in Germany - International Infrastructure Services GmbH (IIS) - to venture into global corporate leasing business
-SREI International inks landmark deal with Tata Motors for 10,000 vehicles
- Srei International Finance Ltd issues 86,48,500 Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) at a price of US$ 4.05 per GDR aggregating to Rs 1532.50 million, each GDR representing four underlying Equity shares of the Company. The issue was priced after market trading hours on April 18, 2005.
- Srei Infrastructure Finance Ltd mops up Rs 153 crore through the issue of 8.65 million global depository receipts (GDRs). Priced at $4.05 each GDR represents four underlying equity shares of the company each with a face value of Rs 10.
-SREI International Finance gets listed on London Stock Exchange
-Small Industries Development Bank of India has signed a Landmark Agreement with SREI for extending financing to Small and Medium Enterprises in the construction sector
- SREI Infrastructure Finance group company Quipo Oil and Gas signed an MoU with Russian firm Oil Technologies Overseas to jointly start drilling operations in India and Russia.
- SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on October 29, 2007, has inducted Mr. Saud Siddique as Additional Director of the Company w.e.f. October 29, 2007.
- SREI Infrastructure Board recommends dividend @ 12%
- SREI Infrastructure - Srei Sahaj launches www.chaakri.in. job portal for rural India
- SREI Infrastructure Finance has signed a letter of intent (LoI) with FMO of Netherlands to secure a loan of $100 mn by way of external commercial borrowing.
- the trading symbol of SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited be changed from SREINTFIN to SREINFRA w.e.f. July 21, 2010.
- SREI Infrastructure - Fixes Record Date for issuance of Bonus Shares
- SREI Infrastructure- SREI Infrastructure Finance Raises its Benchmark Rate by 75 Basic Point
-SREI Infrastructure Finance has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 4:5
- "Srei approves further equity investment in Equipment Finance JV with BNP Paribas"
- Securities and Exchange Board of India granted the Certificate of Registration to Srei Mutual Fund (IDF)
-Srei Infrastructure Finance Raises its Benchmark Rate by 50 Basis Points.
-SREI Infrastructure wins Best Entity in the area of Corporate Governance by the ET Bengal Corporate Awards.
-SREI Infrastructure Finance Received Certificate of authorisation from RBI to set up, own and operate White Label ATMs.
-SREI Infrastructure Finance have recommended dividend of Re. 0.50 (i.e. 5%) per Equity Share of Rs. 10/- each fully paid up of the Company.