- The Company was incorporated on 9th January at New Delhi. It
manufactures nylon - 6 tyres yarn and fabric and industrial yarns,
shipping and leasing.
- The Company was promoted by Cloth and General Mills Company Limited,
- The Company entered into technical collaboration agreement with
Chemtex Fibre Inc. U S A and Chemtex Engineering of India Limited
Mumbai for basic engineering of the Plant and detaled engineering
- The knowhow was obtained from Unitika Limited Japan through Chemtex,
Fibres Inc. U S A. Shriram Bearings Limited and Shriram Needle Bearing
Industries Limited became subsidiaries of the Company.
- The name of the company was changed from Shri Ram Fabrics Limited to
SRF Limited with effect from 2nd May.
- The company is setting up a pilot plant for the production of Halons.
- SRF Overseas Limited was set up as a wholly owned subsidiary company
in British Virgin Islands to implement the project for the processing
of Synthetic Industrial Yarn at United Arab Emirates; SRF Emirates
Limited became a subsidiary during the year and is engaged in trading
activities in Middle East.
- SRF Overseas Limited set up in Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone for
converting tyre yarn into tyrecord fabric commenced trial production in
- The performance of the wholly owned trading subsidiaries i.e. SRF
Americas Inc. SRF International (Emirates) Limited and SRF
International (BVI) Limited.
- The company's plants at Manali and Viralimalai (T.N.) obtained ISO
9000 certification during the year.
- The Company's wholly owned subsidiary investment companies entered
into an agreement with GE Capital (Mauritius) Investment Ltd.
- The Company's wholly owned subsidiary investment companies i.e. SRF
Calgary Holdings Ltd., SRF Superior Holdings Ltd. and SRF Promenade
- SRF Overseas Ltd, Dubai, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SRF Ltd has
recently received ISO 9002 certification from KPMG Peat Marwick LLP.
- SRF Ltd, setting up of a joint venture with Paris-based Eassilor to
market advanced ophthalmic lenses in the domestic market.
- SRF Ltd has signed a joint venture agreement with Essilor
International SA, the world leader in plastic ophthalmic lenses, to
market advanced ophthalmic lenses in India.
- SRF Ltd has recently launched R-23, a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC),
through in-house development and has become the first manufacturer in
- The Company has entered into technology agreement with Ms.
Trelleborg Industri AB, Sweden, for Providing technology for
manufacture of Dipped EP Belting Fabrics.
- SRF Ltd has entered into a tie-up with Bharti BT, to inter-link its
business operations on a WAN based on V-Sats.
- SRF and DuPont will set up a 50:50 joint venture to manufacture nylon
- SRF has launched an employee stock purchase scheme (ESPS) for
officers with more than three years of service.
- The company issued 28,43,600 equity shares to the employees under the
ESPS at an issue price of Rs. 15 per share.
- NRB Bearings Ltd. entered into an agreement with SRF Ltd and its
associates to acquire its entire shareholding in Shriram Needle Bearing
Industries Ltd (SNBL).
- The Company has entered into an agreement with NRB Bearing Ltd. for
sale of 12,50,000 fully paid up equity shares of Rs. 10/- each of
Shriram Needle Bearing Ltd. acquired by the company under a scheme
framed by the BIFR.
- SRF Ltd., Arun Bharat Ram's group company, has embarked on a major
acquisition plan to emerge as the third-largest player in the world in
the tyre cord market by 2004-05.
- The Company proposes to preferentially issue equity shares worth Rs
10.75 crores to E.I. DuPont de Nemours of the US and E.I. DuPont India
Ltd. as part of a deal to acquire DuPont Fibers Ltd.
- The Company appoint Mr. K. Ravichandra as Wholetime Director of the
- The Company issuance of equity shares in one or more tranches, up to
a maximum of Rs. 12,33,635 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each by way
of preferential allotment at a premium, provided the total
consideration shall not be lower than Rs. 10.75 crores calculated at
the issue price of Rs. 87.14 per share or the price computed in
accordance with SEBI guidelines.
- All shareholders of the Rs 815.95-crore SRF Ltd are to receive one
equity share of Rs 10 each of SRF Chemicals Ltd (SRFCL), credited as
fully paid-up, for every 10 shares of Rs 10 each of SRF held by them.
- The board of directors of SRF Ltd on July 27, approved a
restructuring scheme that envisages the merger of Tyrecord Fabrics Ltd
(TFL), a 100 per cent subsidiary of SRF.
- SRF Ltd has informed that Shri Arvind N. Lalbhai has resigned from
the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from January 09,
2002. This was noted by the Board of Directors at their meeting held on
January 24, 2002.
- SRF Ltd has informed that Mr Bhiku Ram Jain and Mr J B Dadachanji
have ceased to be Directors.Mr M V Subbiah, Mr Satish K Kaura, Mr
Analjit Singh and Mr Vinayak Chatterji have been appointed as
additional Directors on the Board.
-Bharat Ram appointed as new CEO
-SRF Board approves sale of SRF Infotel
-Srf Ltd. has informed that the shares of the Company have been delisted from The Stock Exchange - Ahmedabad w.e.f. December 08, 2003.
-Srf Ltd. has informed that the Madras Stock Exchange Ltd. has approved the delisting of equity shares of the Company wef January 07, 2004.
--Srf Polymers Ltd. (acquirer) has acquired 16,92,192 Equity Shares (2.62%) of SRF Limited
- Medusind Solutions, healthcare business service provider, has acquired SRF Infotech, a healthcare outsourcing business of SRF Ltd, for Rs 3 crore.
- SRF granted patent by US Patent & Trademark Office
-Mr Arun Bharat Ram, Vice- Chairman and Senior Managing Director, SRF Ltd, has been elevated to the position of Chairman and Managing Director