- The Company was incorporated on 19th December, under the Companies
Act, 1956, as Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Limited
(SABTNL). It obtained Certificate of Commencement of Business on 9th
- The Promoters, Mr. Gautam Adhikari and Mr. Markand Adhikari, had
original promoted a Partnership Firm under the name of Sri Adhiari
Brothers which was incorporated in 1985.
- The Company, Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Limited, has
undertaken the entire business of Sri Adhikari Brothers i.e.,
production of Television Serials through the payment of consideration
of Rs.10 Lacs towards Goodwill to the Firm.
- The main object of the company to carry on the business of producing,
buying, selling, trading & exporting programs, for television and to
establish links via satellites, downlink and uplink, through TVRO's,
- The Company plans to set up a full fledged Studio for the purposes of
production of Television Software.
- The Company has entered into a Partnership Agreement with Mr.
Jeetendra Kapoor and Associates under the name and style of Balaji
- During the year Public Issue of the company is 20,00,000 No. of
Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each for cash at par aggregating Rs. 200 has
including firm allotments of 4,80,000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs. 10/-
each for cash at par to overseas corporate bodies aggregating Rs.
- The Company's plans of production of films and TV programmes and the
need for additional infrastructure, it has been decided to setup an
ultra modern studio complex in Mumbai.
- The company has entered into a joint venture with Sirasa Channel of
Sri Lanka owned by the Maharaja Group.
- During the year under review the Company launched eight new
programmes on terrestrial channel, comprising innovative formats
ranging from magazine shows, daily thriller in the afternoon to daily
variety entertainment programmes.
- The Company has decided to enter into broadcasting by starting a
Hindi entertainment channel. The Company is in advanced stage of
negotiations with a foreign partner to set up a broadcasting company in
a joint venture.
- The Company has entered into web world by launch of its own web site
- The Company entered into an agreement with the National Securities
Depository Limited, on 29th April, for the dematerialisation of its
- The company has also signed a joint venture pact with an Indonesian
media company Pt Menara Media Sakti to produce 300 hours of television
software in local language for broadcast in Indonesia and Far East.
- Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network (SABTNL) plans to bring in
its library of over 2000 hours of progamming, valued by KPMG as equity
for the new satellite channel company it proposes to launch.
- Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network has received the
shareholders' nod for private placement of one million shares, with
this, the promoters holding will dip by eight per cent, from 60 per
cent to 52 per cent.
- The company is planning to launch a Hindi entertainment channel by
- Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Ltd has entered into a joint
venture with Etiam Emedia Inc, an information technology solutions
company from Silicon Valley, the USA, for animation software.
- Sri Adhikari Brothers' Television Network (SABTN) is slated to launch
its entertainment channel Sab TV by April 23.
- The Board appointed Mr. Anand Pandi as Additional Director.
- Sri Adhikari Brothers Network launch 20 new entertainment programmes
from October on SABe TV..
- The meeting of the Board of Directors of Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Ltd held on June 29, 2002 Ms Rujuta Mehendale was appointed as the Company Secretary of the company in place of Ms Shilpa Shah who was the earlier Company Secretary.
-Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors at its meeting held on October 31, 2002 has accepted resignation of Mr T P Ostwal, Director of the Company.
- the company launched its Hindi Entertainment channel 'SAB TV' on SKY's DTH platform in United Kingdom . SAB TV will be digital free to air 24 hours entertainment channel.
-SAB TV inks $3 m programming pact with two international platforms, the US-based TV Asia and the Gulf-based Pehla network for prime time programming
-Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network has entered into a joint venture with Mumbai based Lotus Films for film production
-SAB TV introduces one hour show of news, election analysis
-Sri Adhikari Brothers - Tie-up with Sirasa TV, Sri Lanka
- Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Ltd has informed that Mr. Man Mohan Singh Kapur has been appointed as an Independent Director of the Company w.e.f. May 31, 2010.