|ABG Heavy Industries Limited was originally a private limited company incorporated on 15th December, 1983 in the State of Maharashtra in the name of Onaway Carriers Private Limited. It was converted into a public limited company on 19th April 1985 and the name was subsequently changed to Onaway Engineering Limited on 22nd June, 1967. It was again converted into a private limited company on 13th March, 1989 and continued till
16th September, 1994 when the name was changed to ABG Heavy Industries Private Limited. It was converted into a Public Umited Company on 19th September, 1994.
The Company was initially started by the subscribers to the Memorandum Mr. Anil Kothari and Mrs. Vandana Kothari. The business of the Company is promoted by the Agarwal family and the day-to-day affairs of the Company are being looked after by Mr. Saket Agarwal and Mr. Rishi Agarwal.
Initially the Company went into business as a Heavy Crane rental company. The subsequent years were marked by rapid growth and consolidation. Besides possessing the world's most sophisticated
cranes, the company has successfully executed very large scale mechanical projects, as well as shutdown and turnaround jobs. The company is the first Indian company to be awarded the prestigious contract by JNPT.
Presently the Company is engaged in Plant Erection and Construction, Charter Hire of Heavy Duty Equipments and Bulk & Container Handling.
In respect of Plant Erection and Construction, the Company offers a host of services to the Fertiliser, Petrochemical, Refineries, Steel, Power, Cement and other industries. Some of the prestigious erection jobs in which the Company has been actively involved include:
* The 500 MW Thermal Plant at Trombay for Tata Electric Company.
* The first hydrocracker project at Baroda, for Gujarat
Refineries and Indian Oil Corporation.
* The fully integrated fertiliser complex at Kota, for Chambal
-Shareholders have approved to delist its equity shares from Ahmedabad, Delhi and National Stock Exchanges .
-ABG Heavy Industries Ltd has informed that Mrs. G. Lakshmi Prasanna is appointed as the Company Secretary of the Company. Mr. Shabbir Kanchwala continues to be the Compliance Officer of the Company. The following persons are not authorized to act on behalf of the Company from the dates mentioned against their names : i) Mr. Durga Prasad Rai - July 28, 2002; ii) Mrs. Indulekha N. Godse - February 13, 2003; iii) Hari Kumar V. P- February 21, 2002.
-ABG Heavy Industries inks pact with NEC Micon
-The Company has acquired 7600 Equity shares of Rs 10 each amounting to Rs 76000 in Cardinal Logistics Pvt Ltd (Cardinal) representing 76% voting rights of Cardinal
-ABG Heavy enters into agreement with Doosan
-ABG Heavy Industries Ltd has informed that pursuant to Certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies, the name of "ABG Heavy Industries Ltd" has been changed to "ABG Infralogistics Ltd" with effect from November 15, 2007.
- ABG Infralogistics Ltd has appointed Mr. Ravishankar Gopalan as an Independent Additional Director of the Company w.e.f. August 11, 2009.
- The Company has received a Letter of Award (LOA) from Vishakhapatnam Port Trust for "Development of Western Quay-6 (WQ-6) berth in the Northern Arm of Inner Harbour of Visakhapatnam Port Trust for handling of dry bulk cargo for 30 years on DBFOT basis".
- The Board of Directors of the Company, has approved and declared interim dividend for the financial year @ Rs. 4.00 per share of Rs. 10/- each i.e. @ 40% to the equity shareholders.
- The Board of Directors of the Company, approved and declared interim dividend for the financial year @ Rs. 5 per share of Rs. 10/- each i.e. @ 50% to the equity shareholders.
- The Board of Directors of the Company, approved and declared interim dividend for the financial year 2011-12 @ Rs. 5 per share of Rs. 10/- each i.e. @ 50% to the equity shareholders.
- The subsidiary of the Company, ABG Container Handling Private Limited, has been issued a Letter of Award by the V. O. Chidambaranar Port Trust for the Conversion of its Eighth Berth as a Container Terminal on Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) Basis.
-ABG Infralogistics has appointed Mr. Ritul Parmar as Company Secretary.
-ABG Infralogistics - Start of trail operations at WQ6 berth at Visakhapatnam Port Trust
-The Company has changed its name from ABG Infralogistics Ltd to Starlog Enterprises Ltd.