- The Company was incorporated on 10th December, in Chennai as a
private limited company under the name Kasjax Engineering Ancillaries
Pvt. Ltd. The Company is a member of the 'TVS' Group.
- The main objective of the company is to manufacture high tensile
fasteners, cold formed/extruded parts for auto and non-auto
applications and automotive powder metal parts.
- The name was changed to Sundram Fasteners (P) Ltd., on 13th July.
- 280,000 bonus shares issued in proportion 2:5.
- 6,53,333 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 2:3. 15,55,555 No. of
equity shares offered through prospectus (prem. Rs 4 per share) in Feb.
1982. Out of these, 71,125 shares reserved for employees, 31,250
shares reserved for directors, etc. and the balance 14,53,180 shares
offered for public subscription.
- The objects of the public issue of capital in 1982 were to offer at
least 49% of the equity capital of the Company to the public.
- The Company issued 15% non-convertible redeemable debentures of Rs
600 lakhs on private placement basis to financial institutions and
allotted them in April as follows: (i) Rs 100 lakhs to ICICI, (ii) Rs
200 lakhs to LIC, (iii) Rs 200 lakhs to UTI and (iv) Rs 100 lakhs to
GIC and four of its subsidiaries.
- 19,13,332 bonus shares issued in prop. 3:5.
- The Company issued 10,00,000 - 14% secured redeemable non-convertible
debentures of Rs 100 each on private placement basis to LIC, UTI,
ICICI, GIC and its subsidiaries and Army Group Insurance Fund.
- The Company had set up an export oriented unit for manufacture of
radiator caps, oil filler caps and petrol filler caps for supplying
them to General Motors, U.S.A.
- Pursuant to the order of the BIFR, Odin Metal Powders Ltd. (ODIN)
amalgamated with the Company. As per the Scheme of Amalgamation, 5,611
No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each of the Company were allotted to the
erstwhile shareholders of ODIN.
- Sundaram fasteners Investments Ltd., Sundaram Telematics Ltd.,
Sundaram Numeric Ltd., Aplomb Investments Ltd. are subsidiaries of the
- A project for manufacture of socket head cap screws was set up at
- The Company has made an entry into the area of power generation by
installing a 2 MW Wind Farm at Muppandal (T.N.).
- 51,07,831 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each allotted as fully paid
bonus shares to the shareholders in ratio of 1:1.
- 1,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each allotted subsequent to RBI
- SFL signed an agreement with the US auto giant General Motors (GM) to
supply its entire requirement of radiator caps.
- Sundram Fasteners has two subsidiaries too, Sundram Telematics Ltd, a
100 per cent export-oriented unit (EOU) for development of GSM software
for use in mobile communications, and Sundram Numeric Pvt. Ltd, also a
100 per cent EOU for export of software used in CNC machines.
- Sundram Fasteners has set up a warehouse in Tory (Michigan) which,
being on-line with all GM plants, despatches supplies the moment an
order is placed.
- Sundram Fasteners Ltd. (SFL) has bagged the automotive component
manufacturer's (ACMA) award for the year ended March, SFL is receiving
the award for the second time.
- The company entered into a technical collaboration agreement with
Dura Automotive Group, USA for the manufacture of Gear shifters and
parking brake assemblies for automobiles.
- Goodwill earned by, Sundram Fasteners Ltd (SFL) by bagging the
supplier of the year award for the second consecutive year is all set
to help other TVS group companies.
- Sundram Fasteners Ltd. (SFL) has won the 'Supplier of the Year' award
from General Motors Corporation of the US for the third successive year
for its supply of radiator caps to the auto major.
- General Motors India Ltd. (GMIL) is exploring the possibility of
sourcing more components for the 'Astra' and the new 'Corsa' models
from TVS group company Sundram Fasteners (SFL).
- The Company has won General Motros' 'Best of the Best' suppliers of
the year award for the fourth consecutive year.
- The ACMA Export Trophy for '99-00 has been awarded to Sundram
Fasteners for excellence in export performance.
- The name of Sundram Numeric Ltd, a subsidiary, has been changed to
TVS Infotech Ltd with effect from 13th October.
- Crisil has reaffirmed the P1+ rating assigned to the Rs 85-crore
short-term debt issue of Sundram Fasteners Ltd.
- Sundram Fasteners Ltd., the Chennai-based automotive components
manufacturer, has won the General Motors Corporation's 'Supplier of the
year' award for the fifth consecutive year for calender 2000.
-The Director of Sundram Fasteners Ltd, Shri S L Narayana passed away on Feb 15th.
-SFL records 16% growth in the turnover in the first five months of the current financial year.
-Approval to amalgamate the subsidiary company, TVS Autolec Limited with the Company.
-The Equity shares of the company having a nominal face value of Rs 10 per share be subdivided into equity shares of having a nominal face value of Re 1 per share.
-The authorised share capital of the company be increased from Rs 120 million to Rs 250 million.
-Cramlington Precision Forge Ltd (CPFL), a 100% subsidiary of Sundram Fasteners Ltd (SFL), has acquired the precision forgings business of Dana Spicer Europe Ltd (DSEL) on December 19, 2003. The business is located at Cramlington, Northumberland, UK.
-The Scheme of Amalgamation proposed to be made between TVS Autolec Limited with Sundaram Fasteners Limited.
-Sundram Fastners - RBI Autoparts SDN BHD has become a subsidiary of TVS Autolec Ltd
-Sundram Fasteners Ltd (SFL), a TVS group company, opened its first offshore facility in Haiyan county of China
- Sundram Fasteners Ltd (SFL) gets outsourcing quality achievement award for the year 2003, from Saturn Spring Hill Manufacturing Company, a subsidiary of General Motors.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Sundram Fasteners Ltd has appointed Sri. M Raghupathy IAS (Retd.) as an additional director (independent director) on the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from June 06, 2008.