1989 - The Company was incorporated on 14th December, as a Public
Limited Company with the immediate object of setting up plants
for the manufacture of Styrene Monomer and Polysterene.
- The Company has been promoted by The Supreme Industries Limited
(SIL) and R. Raheja Investments Limited (RRIL).
1990 - The Certificate of Commencement of Business was obtained on 13th
February, from the Registrar of Companies, at Mumbai. The
Project is being implemented at Village Amdoshi, near Nagothane
District Raigad, in the state of Maharashtra.
- The Company is setting up a plant to manufacture 66,000 tpa of
- The Company has entered into technical collaboration and basic
engineering agreements with M/s UOP Inter Americana Inc. U.S.A.
- The Company selected the Huntsman technology licensed through ABB
Lummus Crest Inc. (LCI) based on a detailed techno-commercial
1994 - During the year under review, the Company signed a Foreign
Currency Loan Agreement with SCICI Ltd.
- In the current financial year the Company has signed a Foreign
Currency Loan Agreement with The Industrial Credit and Investment
Corporation of India Limited
- The Company intends to enter the field of financial services in
the current financial year to take advantage of opportunities
presented by this field. The Company also intends taking up
agricultural activities as the Directors are of the view that the
agricultural sector is poised for growth and it would be in the
interest of the Company to enter this field.
- The Company of public issue 3,50,40,000 - 15% Secured Redeemable
Partly Convertible Debentures (PCDs) of Rs.25/- each aggregating
Rs.8760 lacs were allotted on 22nd April.
1995 - The State Government has approved the Company's proposal for
setting up a jetty and chemical handling terminal at Dherand,
- The Company's Polystyrene plant, the largest in the country, was
commissioned in June. After overcoming initial teething problems
faced during trial runs, the commercial production of Polystyrene
commenced from October.
- Supreme Petrochem Ltd. commissioned its state-of-the-art
polystyrene plant in 1995 with an initial capacity of 66,000
MTA, at Nagothane in Raigad district, about 100 KM South east
of Mumbai city.
1996 - The Company proposes to install a 3MW standby DG Set in view of
the frequent MSEB grid failure.
1997 - The Company is currently launching a new cup grade and a low cost
medium impact grade based on recent developments made by the
Company's technical collaborators M/s. Huntsman Chemical
- The Company proposes to introduce new grades during the current
year viz. cup grade, medium impact resins, high gloss resins,
colour products etc. based on recent developments made by its
1998 - The Company is expanding its capacity to 2,04,000 TPA. The
Company proposes to issue equity capital as may be finalised in
consultation with the Financial Institutions.
- The Company's global scale state of the art plant alongwith it's
deep understanding of the domestic market and strong distribution
network should in the coming years ensure adequate return on
- Supreme Petrochemicals is one of the big units producing
polystyrene (PS) in India with a market share of 55 per cent.
1999 - During the year ISO 9002 certificate was awarded to the Company.
The Company thus holds certification for ISO 9002 and ISO 14001.
- The company is hiking its polystyrene capacity to 2.04 lakh
tonnes by revamping the second line and setting up a third line.
2000 - SPL is setting up its Product Applications Laboratory, where
joint programs with clients will be initiated.
- SPL is rewarded with 5 STAR rating from British Safety Council
and ISO 14001 accredition.
-Extension of current accounting year ending March 31, 2002 by a period of 3 months
-Re-appointment of Manager for a period of 3 years w.e.f. April 1, 2002.
-Delists Shares from the Stock Exchange -Ahmedabad w.e.f. March 29, 2004.
-Supreme Petrochem Ltd has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Maharashtra under the aegis of Industries Ministry for its Rs 1115 crore, proposed additional capital expenditure program to build a world-class styrenics complex by the year 2013 at its existing plant site at village Amdoshi and a minor Port at village Dherand, both in district Raigad.