|Brief History and business of the Company
Suven Pharmaceuticals Limited was promoted in 1989 by
Mr.Jasti Venkateswarlu and Mrs. Jasti Sudha Rani for the
manufacture of bulk drugs and drug intermediates. The
Company was incorporated as a Private Limited Company on
9th March, 1989 in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Subsequently on 4th January, 1995 it was converted into a
Public Limited Company in terms of special resolution dated
25.11.94 U/s. 31(1)/44 of Companies Act.
- The Company deveops and manufactures drug intermediates, under
contract from the drug's global patent holders.
- The Company has entered into agreement with NSDL and CDSL for
dematerialisation of shares.
- Company bags export orders of Rs 21 cr
2001 - Borregaard Industries Ltd, Norway, acquires 15% stake in the company
2002- An accident occurred at the company's Suryapet Unit AS when a transporters vehicle entered the factory premises on November 17, 2002
-Pfizer Ltd and Suven Pharmaceuticals Ltd have tied up with the Bombay College of Pharmacy to set up an academy for clinical excellence (ACE) , in Mumbai.
2003-Borregaard Industries Ltd, a Norwegean pharma player has offloaded its entire 17.05 per cent stake ( 7.50 lakh equity shares) in Suven Life Sciences Ltd
-Suven Life Sciences USA LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of Suven Pharmaceuticals Ltd has acquired Synthon Chiragenics Corporation New Jersey USA
-Suven Life Sciences Ltd has informed the stock exchanges that its shareholders at the extraordinary general meeting held on Jan 05 have approved the sub-division of equity shares into face value of Rs 2 each from the face value of Rs 10 each.
-Suven Life Sciences BoD approves preferential shares issue
-Suven Life Sciences Ltd has said that its board of directors on Jan 19 has allotted 30 lakh equity shares of face value of Rs 2 each on preferential basis to four investors. While Emerging Markets Management LLC was allotted 10 lakh shares, Aeneas Portfolio Company LP 8.75 lakh shares, Commonwealth Equity Fund Ltd, a sub-account of Batterymarch Financial Management Inc, 6.25 lakh shares and Mr Rambabu Chirumamilla was given 5 lakh shares.
-Two units of Suven Life (Suryapet & Jeedimetla) get ISO confirmation
- Suven Life Sciences Ltd (Suven) on November 27, 2007 has announced that the European Patent Office (EPO) granted Two Patents, 1523486 and 1581538 to Suven and are valid until June 2022.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs2/- to Rs1/-.
- Suven Life Sciences has secured two U.S. patents relating to new chemical entities (NCEs) for treatment of disorders associated with neurodegenerative diseases
- Suven Life Sciences Ltd (Suven) announces today that the European Patent Office (EPO) has Issued 3 new Patents: EP1537113, EP1704154 and EP1856132 corresponding to three New Chemical Entities (NCEs) for the treatment of disorders associated with Neurodegenerative diseases and these Patents are valid until 2022,23 and 24 respectively.