|The Company was incorporated in 1995 by Tulsi Tanti. Tulsi Tanti was primarily
in the textile business and was introduced to wind energy through a wind power
project that he had commissioned for his textile factory. The first subscribers to
the Memorandum were the family members and friends of Tulsi Tanti.
The Company entered into a technical collaboration agreement in 1995 with a
German company, Sudwind GmbH Windkrafttanlagen to source the latest
technology for the production of WTGs in India. Sudwind GmbH
Windkrafttanlagen was subsequently taken over by Sudwind Energiesysteme
GmbH ('Sudwind'). The parties entered into a fresh agreement dated September
30, 1996, under which Sudwind proposed to share technical knowhow relating to
0.27 MW, 0.30 MW, 0.35 MW, 0.60 MW and 0.75 MW WTGs in consideration for
royalty to be paid on the basis of each WTG sold over the course of five years from the
date of this agreement.
The Company obtained the official non-exclusive, non-transferable license for the
manufacturing, marketing, dealing and servicing of APX-60 type blades from the trustee
of Aerpac B.V upon its liquidation, for consideration of Euro 200,000 vide an agreement
that was entered into between the trustee of Aerpac B.V and the Company dated June
4, 2001. This license is valid for an indefinite period. The Company entered into an
agreement dated April 10, 2001 with Enron Wind Rotor Production B.V for the
acquisition of the moulds and the production line and technical support and assistance
for the production of the rotor blade type APX 60-P in India for total consideration of
Euro 500,000. Enron has granted these rights for the manufacturing, marketing and
dealing with the products for an indefinite period.
The Company introduced the concept of total solutions wherein, in addition to the
supplies of equipments, the client is offered project execution work comprising land
acquisition, site development, erection and commissioning, foundation and other civil
work and O&M services. These services are offered in conjunction with the Associate
SWSL, a subsidiary of the Company, was incorporated in 1998 with the objective of
providing O&M for wind power projects set up by the Company. The Company has also set
up technological development centres in Germany and The Netherlands through wholly
owned subsidiaries. SEG, incorporated in 2001 and earlier known as AX 215
Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company in 2002.
AERT, a wholly owned subsidiary of AERH, which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary
of the Company, was incorporated in 2001 to engage in the development of technology
for rotor blades, a key component of WTGs.
Further, Suzlon Energy A/S, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company was
incorporated in August, 2004 to supervise the international marketing activities of the
Company. It is proposed that the entire non-India marketing activities of the Company
shall be coordinated through Suzlon Energy A/S. SWECO, now a wholly owned
subsidiary of the Suzlon Energy A/S, was incorporated in 2001 to market, the WTGs
manufactured by the Company in U.S.A. Further, Suzlon Energy A/S has another
wholly owned subsidiary, Suzlon Energy Australia Pty Limited, which was incorporated in
2004 to access the wind energy market in Australia. Suzlon Energy B.V. earlier known
as AE-Rotor B.V., The Netherlands, a wholly owned subsidiary of AERH, which is a
wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, was incorporated in 2001 to market the rotor
blades manufactured by the Company.
Cannon Ball Wind Energy Park-I, LLC (Cannon Ball) was incorporated as a limited
liability company in July, 2002 for the purpose of setting up a wind power project in North
Dakota, USA. Cannon Ball is a wholly owned subsidiary of SWECO which is a subsidiary
of Suzlon Energy A/S. Further, a representative office of the Company was also set up in
China in 2003 to explore the Chinese market.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd signs up MSPL's 3.75 MW Wind Power Project
-Suzlon Energy Ltd opens Representative Office in Beijing
-Suzlon Energy Ltd wins Composite Centre International Export Excellence Award at the International Exposition India Composites, 2003
-Suzlon Energy secures maiden contracts in China & South Korea
-DEG, Germany signs agreement with Suzlon Energy Ltd to finance US $ 10 million
-Suzlon Energy Ltd takes a major vertical integration step by setting up Suzlon Control System - MBU operations at Daman, India
-Suzlon Energy Ltd - Signed a turbine supply agreement with Edison Mission
-Suzlon Energy Ltd - Signed with Edison Mission Group
-Suzlon gets Rs 620 cr Australian firm project order
- Suzlon Energy Limited has has appointed Mr. Andre Horbach as a global Chief Executive Officer of the Suzlon group.
- Suzlon Energy has issued zero-coupon foreign currency convertible bonds worth $300 million to fund its organic growth initiatives.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd signed a major new order with ONGC, India's leading Oil & Gas Exploration & Production (E&P) Company, for 51 MW of wing turbine capacity.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd wins the Best PE/VC Backed Company Award from Venture Intelligence Apex
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has appointed Mr. Sumant Sinha as Chief Operating Officer (COO) with effect from August 01, 2008.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd enters Kerala with its first Wind Power Project commission of S52-600 kW turbine at Agali
-Suzlon Energy Ltd is first S88-2.1 MW wind turbine is commissioned by Deco Light Ceramics Ltd, in Gujarat, India
-Suzlon Energy Ltd Signs up with ONGC Limited - for 51 MW wind turbine capacity
-Suzlon Energy Ltd signs up with Ayen Enerji Co. Inc. - for 31.5 MW of wind turbine capacity
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed BSE that Suzlon Energy Australia Pty Ltd., a step-down wholly owned subsidiary of Suzlon Energy Ltd has entered into an agreement with AGL Energy Ltd for supply of 54 units of Suzlon's S88-2.1 MW wind turbine generators translating to 113.4 MW capacity in Australia in 2009.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed that the Company has appointed Mr. Robin Banerjee as its new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and who has joined the Company with immediate effect.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed about the signing of an agreement by Suzlon with Technomash Bulgarian Industrial Group to deliver 12.6 MW of capacity through six numbers of Suzlon S88-2.1 MW wind turbines.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has signned a repeat order for 57 MW with Ayen Enerji of Turkey. The order will be supplied with 27 units of Suzlon S88-2.1 MW turbine, to be installed at the Seferihisar and Mordogan projects in east Turkey.
-Suzlon bags Golden Peacock National Training Award 2008
- Suzlon Energy has secured a seventh order from Rajasthan State Mines and Minerals for 31.5 MW of capacity.
- Suzlon Energy has signed the repeat orders with ITC Limited, a leading and highly diversified conglomerate, to set up, operate and maintain two new wind power projects in the states of Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- Suzlon Energy bagged an order from ITC for supplying 27 MW of wind power turbines to projects in Karnataka and Maharashtra for an undisclosed amount.
- Suzlon Energy stated that it has received its first ever order from a subsidiary of Larsen and Toubro (L&T).
- Coimbatore: Suzlon Energy Ltd has received an order from L&T Infrastructure Development Projects Limited to set up, operate and maintain 8.7 MW wind project in Tamil Nadu.
- Suzlon Energy Limited (SEL) has bagged a repeat order from the Malpani Group in order to set up as well as operate and maintain two new wind power projects totaling 19.8 MW capacity, in Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- Suzlon Energy bagged orders worth Rs 118.8 crore from Malpani Group.This is in order to setup, operate and maintain 2 new wind power projects in Karnataka and Maharashtra
- Suzlon Energy Ltd stated that it has bagged a 202 MW (megawatt) order worth Rs 1,149-crore from Techno Electric Group, a Kolkata-based engineering firm, for developing 500 MW of new capacity.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has own 74.8 MW order in Germany.