1956 - The Company was incorporated as on 8th September, at New Delhi as
a Private Ltd. Co. under the name and style Payen Talbros, Pvt.
Ltd. It was converted into a Public Ltd. Co., on 30th November
1975. It manufactures automotive components like jacks, shock
absorbers, and axle shafts.
1973 - Till now 62,500 `A' Equity and 1,87,500 `B' Equity shares issued
as bonus shares as follows: on 27th May, 1963 prop. 1:2; on 6th
August 1966 prop. 2:3; on 26th June 1970 prop. 1:3.
1974 - The Company received an industrial licence to expand the capacity
of gaskets by 30 million nos. In order to implement Chennai
unit, the company undertook to set up a new unit in the SIDCO
Industrial Estate at Ambattur, Chennai.
- 25,000 `A' Equity and 75,000 `B' Equity shares allotted as bonus
shares on 12th July 1975 both in prop. 1:4.
1977 - AEW Janson, Ltd., a company engaged in the manufacture of
hydraulic jakhs and shock absorbers, was amalgamated with the
Company with effect from 1st September.
- In terms of the scheme of amalgamation, members of AEW Janson,
Ltd., were allotted 75,358 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each of
the Company without payment in cash besides a cash payment of Rs.
3,525 towards fractional entitlements.
- A & B Equity shares merged. 75,350 shares issued without payment
in cash to members of AEW Janson, Ltd. on its merger.
1979 - The name of the Company was changed to Talbros Automotive
Components, Ltd. with effect from 7th April.
1980 - Simultaneously with the public issue of equity shares during May,
then existing shareholders offered for sale to the public out of
their holdings 60,000 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a
premium of Rs. 6 per share.
- 1,24,642 shares issued (prem. of Rs. 5 per share); 9,642 shares
reserved and allotted to employees & business associates and
1,15,000 shares offere to the public during May.
1981 - A new project was undertaken for the manufacture of industrial
gaskets for which SPICOT sanctioned.
1985 - In an agreement between the Company and Payen International.
Limited U.K. for transfer of technology, became effective.
1986 - The Company privately placed with L.I.C. G.I.C. and its
subsidiaries 30,000 - 15% redeemable non-convertible debentures
of Rs. 100/- each for an aggregate value of Rs. 30 lakhs
redeemable in full in 1993 at premium of Rs. 5/- per debenture.
- As on 31st December, land and buildings at Chennai and Faridabad
were revalued and the net surplus arising at of it was credited
to the Revaluation Reserve.
- According to the scheme of arrangement between the company and
Talbros Engineering Ltd. was to be issued to the shareholders of
the Talbros Automotive Components Ltd.
1987 - 2,80,000 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 2:5.
1988 - The Company registered substantial growth in the production of
gaskets and rear axle shafts.
- The Company had drawn up plans for the second phase of
modernisation of the existing plants and setting up of new units.
Another unit for manufacture of material for captive consumption
was being set up at Sohna, near Gurgaon, Haryana.
- 4,20,000 Rights equity shares issued at par in prop. 3:7 during
1989 - Turnover improved by 25% on an annualised loans exports also
reached a record figure.
1994 - 2,42,858 No. of equity shares allotted to Engineering Compondents
Ltd. U.K. at a premium of Rs. 83.75 per share in the basis of
-TACL enters into JV with Nippon Leakless of Japan on January 31, 2005
-Talbros Automotive Componets Limited has appointed Mr. Brian Williams as a director on the Board of the Company.
-Talbros Automotive Components Ltd has appointed Mr. Amit Burman as independent Director on the Board of the company w.e.f. June 25, 2008.
- The Company has entered into a License Agreement with M/s. Ahlstrom Altenkirchen GMBH, Germany for a period of 10 years for obtaining technical know how in order to manufacture Beater Addition Jointing conforming to international standard.
- The Company has entered into a Technical Assistance Agreement with Sanwa Packaging Industry Company Ltd. (SANWA), Japan, for obtaining technical know-how and other related information for the manufacturing of Heat Shields for Automotives and related applications.
- The Company has recently started its fourth Gasket Manufacturing Plant at Sitargunj, Uttrakhand, a notified, Industrial Area, in addition to the existing plants at Faridabad, Pune and Chennai.
- "Talbros Automotive Components Ltd forms 50:50 JV with Magneti Marelli in the suspension systems and modules sector".
-The Company has appointed Mr. Anuj Talwar as an Additional Director on the Board of the Company..
-Mr. Manvinder Singh Ajmani has joined the Company as new Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
-Talbros Automotive bags new orders from MSIL, ISUZU Motors