1990 - The Company was Incorporated on 20th February. It was promoted
by G.S. Sandhu, Mrs. Kiran Sandhu and Devinder Singh Bhooi. The
Company's objects Processing and selling of frozen fruits and
1992 - The company had set up a frozen food plant for processing and
freezing of vegetables and fruits with an installed capacity of
7200 tonnes per annum at village Fazilpur Mehrola, Tehsil Kishta,
Dist. Nainital U.P. Commenced Commercial production on 11th
- 1,32,000 cumulative convertible preference shares of Rs.100 each
were allotted to 66,000 CCPS to IDBI, 33,000 CCPS to IFCI, 33,000
CCPS to ICICI. Each CCP will carry a dividend of 10% p.a and be
converted at par into equity share of Rs.10 each between 3 to 5
years from the date of allotment. The CCPs were allotted on
- 17,44,020 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 allotted at par as
- (i) 12,63,370 shares to promoters.
- (ii) 2,00,000 shares to Risk Capital & Tech. Fin. Corpn. Ltd.
- (iii) 2,40,000 shares to UPSIDC and
- (iv) 40,650 shares on preferential allotment basis to business
associates. Of the total shares only 15,84,020 shares taken up.
1,32,000 cumulative convertible preference shares of Rs.100 each
issued subscribed and paid-up.
1993 - In order to expand its existing capacity, the company undertook
to install some balancing equipments for the freezing plant
viz., pre cooler pc-60 was imported from Sweden, Dicer and an
automatic packaging line were imported from USA and U.K.
- Peas under the brand name 'Green Valley' was launched by Brooke
Bond Lipton India Ltd. in Delhi was well accepted.
- 43,36,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each was issued at par as
- (i) 86,000 shares to promoters, directors etc. (all were
- (ii) 4,00,000 shares to Indian Mutual Funds (only 2,00,000 shares
- (iii) 9,00,000 shares to NRIs (all were taken up).
Balance 29,50,000 shares along with 2,00,000 shares not taken up
by Mutual Funds were issued to the public (all were taken up).
1,60,000 shares of previous issued allotted.
1994 - The Company launched through Brook Bond Lipton India Ltd., its
product under the brand name 'Green Valley' in Mumbai also.
- The Company proposed to undertake production of Frozen French
Fries for supply to Fast Food Chains in India. With this in view
it proposed to enter into MOU/Joint Venture with one of the
largest french fries manufacturers in the US.
- The Company was also involved in the backward integration linkage
with the farmers for assistance in development of new technology
for growing better crops with higher yields.
- 63,28,100 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each at a premium of
Rs.7.17 issued to the Lamb Western (Mauritius).
1995 - The Company launched its own brand name of 'Inland Valley French
Fries' in the towns of Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Delhi.
- The Company entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with
Indexport Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hindustan Lever
Limited for marketing its products.
- Lamb, Weston (Mauritius) has increased its stake to 51% through
issue of equity shares at a premium. Lamb Weston (Mauritius) is
a 100% subsidiary of Con Agra, a Fortune 500 American Company.
1996 - Processing was limited to the processing of potatoes during
harvest months. Storage inadequacies prevented Quality French
Fry Processing for the remainder of the processing reason.
Vegetable production was also halted due to maximum inventory
levels and a withdrawal from the market of major vegetable
- 13,20,000 No. of equity shares issued on conversion of cumulative
convertible preference shares.
Tarai Foods Ltd has informed that the equity shares of the company has been delisted from Ahmedabad Stock Exchange wef March 31, 2004.
-Delist from Jaipur Stock Exchange wef May 15, 2004.
-Delist securities from The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd (CSE) w.e.f. March 04, 2005.