2000 - The Company has launched its most integrated business accounting
software 'Personal Accountant' in Guwahati.
- The Company has been awarded a multi-million-dollar contract to
develop a software system, which will make insurance information
from the General Organisation of Social Insurance, Saudi Arabia
available on the Internet.
- The Company has signed a global alliance with Choridiant
Software, Inc a leading provider of e-business infrastructure
software for customer interaction.
- The Company and Housing Development Finance Corporation have set
up Rs 40-crore company with 50:50 partnership to provide
IT-enabled services to overseas companies.
- Tata Consultancy Services has entered into a tie-up with
PrimeResponse to architect, implement, support and consult its
e-marketing solution -- Prime@Vantage.com.
- The Company has entered into an alliance with Broadvision, a
California-based personalised e-business applications provider,
to offer the latter's business solutions in India.
- Mr. S. Ramadorai, Chief Executive Officer, Tata Consultancy
Services has been appointed as Director on the board of Tata
- The Company has emerged as Asia's largest software and services
company launched its computer security consultancy practice.
- Software major Tata Consultancy Services proposes to set up three
additional development centres in the country including one at
Coimbatore within the next couple of year.
- TCS has made significant investments in newer technologies and Wireless
Application Protocol (WAP) as a strategic area of focus. Towards this
the company has signed a memorandum of understanding with Jataayu
Software (P) Ltd. for WAP technology.
- The Tata Consultancy Services has opened four new offices in the US, which
would focus on high quality technology services and innovative research
- Visual Soft Technologies Ltd. and Tata Consultancy Services have each
bagged two awards from the Hyderabad Software Exporters Association
for the year 2000.
- Tata Consultancy Services has received the Global Partnership Award
2000 from AIESEC International, the Rotterdam-based NGO.
- The World's leading automotive systems major, Delphi Automotive Systems has
entered into a tie-up with infotech leaders Infosys, TCS and CG Smith for
embedded software development for its worldwide operations.
- The Company has entered into a strategic partnership with the universal
description, discovery and integration project.
2001 - The Company has signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras to set
up a Centre of Excellence on computational engineering.
- Tata Consultancy Services and hte Institute for Development and Research in
Banking Technology have entered into an agreement ofr deploying a messaging
solution for the Indian banking and financial sector.
- Tata Consultancy Services has earmarked a Rs 200-crore corpus for funding research and development initiatives. This year, the companys focus areas for R&D will be bio-informatics and Net security.
- Software and services major, Tata Consultancy Services it has entered into a partnership
with Swedish Bank Sakndinaviska Enskilda Banken, US-based Ankar Capital and
Compas Venture ot develop wealth management products and services for leading
- The Information technology company of Tata Sons, Tata Infotech may be merged with
Tata Consultancy Services, the software services division of Tata Sons.
- Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys have emerged as the leading Indian software exporters
during 2000-01, clocking exports worth Rs 2,870.26 crore and Rs 1,852.94 crore, respectively.
- Tata Consultancy Services, a global software solutions and consulting services enterprises,
has signed up with Ericsson worldwide to provide cost-effective solutions in telecom through its
Global Development Centre in Hyderabad
- Tata Consultancy Services, the software solutions and consulting services enterprise, has
signed an agreement to provide software solutions to Ericsson World-wide..
- TCS has spread its operations into the Asia-Pacific by setting up a regional headquarters in
Singapore to focus primarily on the emerging infocomm industry in the region.
- TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), the global software solutions and consulting services major, has entered into a multi-year collaborative agreement with the Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), a leading R&D laboratory under the Department of Biotechnology.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a division of Tata Sons, appears to have initiated the spadework for its proposed initial public offering (IPO).
- Oracle Software India on September 25 announced Tata Consultancy Services as a member of its mobile partner initiative programme to offer solutions and services based on Oracle mobile application suites.
- Tata Consultancy Services has announced the opening of a new office in Portland, Oregon. The office has been opened as part of the company's North American strategy. The $700-million company, with 18,000 employees, has 40 offices in the US alone, and over a hundred worldwide.
_ TCS bags order of Rs 500 crore from SBI.
-Mr P K Chakravarty, Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of Tata Construction & Projects Ltd has resigned from the services of the company wef from the close of office hours on July 31, 2002.
-TCS sets up dedicated department to train its employees to speak at least 1 foreign language
-TCS makes turnkey project for Chennai Telephone call centre
-Tata Consultancy new BPO partner of Aviva
-TCS issues digital certificates to 12 delegates
-Ties up with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd to provide medical advisory and counselling services at Ghar, the highway retailing initiative of BPCL
- Acquires Singapore Airlines' (SIA) 51 per cent stake in their joint venture, Aviation Software Development Consultancy India, for Rs 14.03 crore
--Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) on April 2 announced the release of PowerPac-G, a software product that addresses decision support and integrated asset management needs of power generation plants. TCS and BHEL will jointly market the product in the Indian and global markets, and initial orders have been firmed up.
-Tata Sons has transferred its entire 51.12 per cent equity stake in CMC to group company Tata Consultancy services (TCS) for Rs 380 crore at Rs 490.5 a share.
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has announced the opening of its 'automotive centre of excellence' in Detroit, US,
- The company has appointed US-headquartered public relations (PR) agency Fleishman Hillard to handle its international public relations operations.
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has acquired Phoenix Global Solutions (PGS) from the Phoenix Companies Inc
-TCS enters strategic global OEM partnership with i2
- PNB mandates TCS to deploy HR Solutions
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has joined hands with PeopleSoft to handle a Rs 5-10 crore worth project mandated by Punjab National Bank (PNB) to implement human capital management and payroll solution.
-Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, the jewel in the Tata group's crown, has a new board of directors. Ratan N Tata, non-executive chairman of Tata Sons, along with S Ramadorai and Aman Mehta, have joined the board
-Bahrain National Holding (BNH) Company has signed a long-term contract with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), to consolidate its position as a preferred insurance service provider.
-eSeva APOnline, a joint venture between the government of Andhra Pradesh and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) for government to citizen (G2C) services, has launched a new initiative Home Seva on July 16
-TCS has set up its ninth development centre near Chennai on the Old Mahabalipuram Road, the city's information technology corridor
- Tata Consultancy Services made its debut on the two premier stock exchanges on August 25, closing around 16 per cent higher than the issue price of Rs 850 per share discovered through book building on a price range of Rs 775 to Rs 900 per share
-Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society (CHiPS), joins with TCS to become a digital certificate issuing authority
-TCS MD gets inaugural award for Indo-US Business Excellence
-TCS sets up office in Brussels
-TCS join hands with US firm to develop a wireless payment platform
-Andhra Pradesh Technology Services (APTS) join hands with TCS to issue digital certificates.
-TCS forges alliance with Israeli biotech firm
-TCS forges alliance with TAFE Global
-Leading software company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has announced an alliance with the MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research (CISR), strengthening ties with the world's leading academic institutions
-Tata Consultancy Services Ltd ties up with Formula One racing car champion Ferrari to provide information technology and engineering services for the development of the team's racing car for the 2005 season.
-TCS forges alliance with Hyperion
- Computer Associates International Inc (CA) enters into a strategic partnership with Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) to secure the latter's operations covering 55 centres globally by deploying CA's eTrust end-to-end security solutions.
-TCS, NAL enters into MoU for aerospace solutions
-TCS sets up new development centre in Kochi
-Tata Consultancy Services has two new offerings in store for the pharma and clinical trials market
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) becomes country's first IT company to cross the $2 billion mark as it closed fiscal 2005 with Rs 9,748.47 crore in revenues. At Rs 1,976.90 crore in net profit, it is also the first software giant to cross $500 million in net profit.
-SICO selects TCS & Microsoft as Strategic Partners
-TCS forges alliance with US-based QAD Inc
-TCS inks pact with Italian company
-BindView in alliance with TCS
-TCS gets UK Trade and Investment Special Recognition Award
-TCS enters into global partnership with SAP AG to deliver Adaptive Manufacturing Solutions using SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence and a set of TCS industry-specific composite applications.
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) got an interior design deal from US airframe manufacturer Boeing Company and will work closely with its customer to design the interiors of new aircraft.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on November 02, 2006 has appointed Mrs Laura M Cha on the Board of the Company as an Independent Director.
-Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has announced that the Company has signed a seven year agreement to provide a full range of managed IT services to Somerfield, a leading UK-based small-format food retailer, building on an existing eight-year relationship between the Company and Somerfield.
-TCS signs services contact with United Biscuits.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited has informed vide its letter dated September 06, 2007 that: the following senior executives of the Company have today been elevated to the Board of Directors of the Company as Executive Directors:
(i) Mr. N. Chandrasekaran
(ii) Mr. S. Mahalingam
(iii) Mr. S. Padmanabhan
(iv) Mr. P. A. Vandrevala. Mr. N. Chandrasekaran will be the Chief Operating Officer of the Company and Mr. S. Mahalingam will continue to be the Chief Financial Officer.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has bagged $1.2 billion outsourcing contract from Nielsen partners, the largest ever-outsourcing deal for any Indian IT player.
-Tata Consultancy Services Ltd has announced that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has assigned the Company a corporate credit rating of 'BBB' with a positive outlook.
- Tata Consultancy Services has rolled out a new set of solutions for airlines.
-Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) on April 05, 2008 has announced that it has signed a new multi-year contract with Chrysler LLC to provide a comprehensive portfolio of IT services. The scope of this contract integrates the contract TCS announced in February with Chrysler.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has signed a five-year global contract with telecom giant Ericsson. TCS will deliver application maintenance and development services for Ericsson's internal IT operations. TCS will be one of the two strategic partners responsible for delivering application maintenance services to Ericsson. It will also be a preferred supplier for application development services.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has bagged a multi-year IT solutions contract from Infineon Technologies AG (IFX), a semiconductor manufacturer. Under the agreement, TCS will operate and maintain solutions for the Infineon's Supply Chain Management (SCM) landscape. The Infineon SCM Planning operations will be operated out of Munich, Germany and Bangalore, India.
- TCS has won an $80 million outsourcing contract from UK's Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission (CMEC). The order is first in a series of almost $2-3 billion worth of contracts to be awarded by UK's state-owned departments.
- Tata Consultancy Services opened a new Global Delivery Center in Buenos Aires, Argentina - the first company to officially inaugurate its facilities in the new Technology District of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has opened a new global delivery centre in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- TCS has bagged a multi-year deal from the British government to administer the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST).Personal Accounts Delivery Authority (PADA), a non-departmental public body (NDPB), will sign a contract with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) later this month which will be divided into two stages and running into 10 years.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), India's top software services exporter, today said that it had signed a multi-year outsourcing contract with Norway's Telenor.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has bagged a five-year IT infrastructure management services contract worth more than Australian $50 million (about Rs.218 crore) from Australian renewable energy company AGL Energy.