- The company was incorporated on 30th March, as a Public Limited
Company and obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 5th
May. The Company was promoted as a joint venture between Tata
Industries, Ltd. (TIL) and Tata Elxsi (Plc.), Ltd. (TEPL), Singapore.
The Company manufacture multi-processor based computer systems and
- The company entered into a collaboration agreement with TEPL. Under
the agreement, the Company was granted exclusive right and licence by
TEPL to manufacture and sell the system 6400 in India.
- 310 No. of equity shares at par subscribed for by the signatories to
the Memorandum of Association. 95,50,000 No. of equity shares issued
at par of which the following were reserved for allotment on firm
basis: (i) 32,10,180 shares to Tata Industries, Ltd. its associates,
and (ii) 20,64,820 shares to the foreign collaborators Tata Elxi (Pte)
Ltd., Singapore. Of the remaining 34,75,000 shares, 4,77,500 shares
reserved for allotment on a preferential basis to the employees and the
balance 29,97,500 shares offered for public subscription (all were
taken up). Additional 14,32,500 shares allotted to retain
over-subscription. 46,00,000 shares issued at par on part conversion
of convertible debentures as on 29.1.1992.
- The Company sold and installed 32 systems and 24 systems by Silicon
Graphics Pte Ltd. The Company established a Software Technology Park
at its premises near white field, Bangalore.
- A 64 KBPs Communication link has been set up connecting the Company's
facility with the Internet in USA. A separate group for marketing of
complementary third party hardware and software products was
- 155,82,810 Right Equity shares issued at par in propn. 1:1.
- The Company's operations were visualised from two lines of business
viz. distribution, valve-added reselling and provision of solution
built around products from Silicon graphics USA for domestic customers
and Hardware and Software design and development services both for
domestic and overseas customers.
- The Company sold and installed 280 systems on Rupee payment terms and
282 systems to customers who were directly billed by Silicon Graphics
- The Design and development group executed projects both in India and
abroad. The Company set up a dedicated software development centre for
Hitachi Ltd., Japan at Bangalore.
- The Company issued 20,00,000 - 12.5% partly convertible debentures of
Rs 50 each of which 1,00,000 debentures were reserved for preferential
allotment to the employees on an equitable basis and the balance
19,00,000 debentures were offered for public subscription. All the
debentures offered to public were taken up but only 36,300 debentures
were taken up out of the employees quota. The unsubscribed 63,700
debentures of the employee's quota were issued to public. Additional
2,00,000 debentures were allotted to public to retain oversubscription.
- Part A-convertible portion of Rs 20 each to be converted into 2
equity shares of Rs 10 each on the date of the allotment and Part B
non-convertible portion of Rs 30 each bearing an interest rate of 12.5%
per annum to be redeemed at par after seven years from the date of
- 2,600 Right shares kept in abeyance were issued.
- ICRA has upgraded credit rating of the Rs 5-crore commercial paper
programme of the Company from A1 to A1+.
- Tata Elxsi Ltd. will launch Maya 3, the advanced version of Maya
software of Alias Wavefront, in India.
- Tata Sons Ltd. an existing shareholder, acquired 14,00,000 No. of
equity shares of the company from Tata Engineering & Locomotive Company
Ltd. on September 29.
- Tata Elxsi has tied up with IBM as an e-biz solution partner.
- Tata Elxsi has approved the resignation of S Devarajan as managing
director of the company with effective from 31st March.
- Tata Elxsi, the Bangalore-based systems integration, design and
development company has launched a four semester MS degree in software
engineering course, in association with BITS-Pilani.
- Tata Elxsi Ltd has informed the BSE that Mr D S Pendse has resigned
from its board of directors with effect from June 1.
-Appoints Madhukar Dev as the CEO of the company.
-Company is appointed as the systems Integrator of Apple for the film, video and broadcast market for apple .
-Ties up with Enterasys to provide network design and implementation services to the enterprise customer of Enterasys.
-Signs partnership agreement with Automotive Multimedia Interface Collaboration (AMI-C) to give technology expertise for proof of concept vehicles.
-Prof. A Sadagopan, appointed as the additional director on the board of the company.
-TCS joint venture with HDFC, makes TCS major in shareholder in the equity.
-Mr K M Chinnappa, resigns from the Directorship of the company.
-Visual Computing Lab, subsidiary of TEL informs the execution of visual effect for the bollywood multi starrer 'Boom'.
-VCL creates a computer generated girl for a song sequence including live characters to a film calle 'Boys'.
-Sasken Communication Technologies, S2 Engineering Design Solution along with Tata Elxsi opens Sales and development centres at Frankfurt.
-Tata Elxsi unveils Chennai centre