1990 - The Company was incorporated on 10th October, under the name of
Tata Korf Metals West Bengal Ltd. and obtained certificate for
commencement of business on 14th December. It was promoted by
- The main objective of the company is to manufacture foundry grade
- The Company undertook to set up a new mini blast furnace of
215CuM working volume with associated systems for manufacture of
90,000 tpa of foundry grade pig iron.
- The Company entered into an arrangement with Tata Korf Services
Ltd. for technical knowhow and consultancy services for the
project. The agreement guarantees production of hot metal at 265
tonnes a day.
- Another agreement was entered into with M/s. CESCON Ltd., for
consultancy on captive power plant and M/s. United Consultants
India Ltd. for overall civil construction and structural work.
The plant and machinery comprising gas cleaning plant, blast
preheaters, pig casting machines etc., were procured
1992 - The name of the Company was subsequently changed to Tata Metaliks
Ltd. with effect from 16th January.
1993 - The Company issued through a prospectus 23,22,000-14% partly
convertible debentures of Rs 125 each of which 1,60,000
debentures were reserved and allotted on a firm basis to IDBI.
Of the remaining, the following were reserved for allottment:
- (1) 1,61,100 debentures for employees/workers of TISCO,
- (2) 2,16,200 debentures to resident Indian shareholders of TISCO.
Balance 18,29,700 debentures were issued to the public.
- Part A of Rs 40 of the face value of each debenture was converted
into 4 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each on allottment of
- Part B of Rs 85 of the face value of each debenture was to be
redeemed at par in three equal instalments of Rs 28, Rs 28 and Rs
29 at the end of 7th, 8th and 9th year respectively from the date
of allottment of debentures.
1995 - 8 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and
paid-up. During May 1993, the Company issued through prospectus
159,99,992 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each along with partly
convertible debentures. The following equity shares were
reserved for allotment on a firm basis:
- (i) 117,99,992 shares to TISCO.
- (ii) 5,00,000 shares to WBIDC.
- (iii) 5,00,000 shares to directors and associates.
- Of the remaining 15,000 shares were reserved for allotment on a
preferential basis to employees. Balance 31,85,000 shares were
issued to the public. 92,88,000 No. of equity shares allotted
on conversion of debentures.
1996 - The Company is aware of its social responsibilities in protecting
the Environment in and around its factory. Pollutants emitted by
the plant are monitored and controlled within the limits
stipulated by the West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
- The Company agreed and has constructed a metalled link Road from
National Highway 6 to the factory at Gokulpur as a goodwill
gesture with a view to improve infrastructural development of the
1997 - Tata Metaliks (TML), a Tata group company promoted by Tata
Steel and the West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation,
is scouting for a foreign technology partner for a foray into
the iron castings business.
- Tata Metaliks Ltd (TML) will set up an iron foundry for
manufacturing axles for automobiles.
1998 - Tata Metaliks Limited engaged in manufacturing high-quality pig
iron, has been awarded ISO-9002 certificate by IRQS, an agency
accredited by RVC Dutch Council.
- The company, with an installed capacity of 90,000 tonnes per
annum of foundry grade pig iron, is currently operating at a
capacity utilisation of 110 per cent.
- The Company won the first prize in the Indian Institute of
Metals' National Quality Competition in the category of Pig-Iron
Plants/Direct Reduction units/Re-rolling mills for the year
1999 - The Company's environmental policy was formulated during the year
and its waste water discharge was brought down to zero level.
The Company had set itself the target of achieving the ISO 14001
certification for its environmental management system and
received the certificate from Det Norske Veritas of Rotterdam,
- Tisgroup company, completed its re-lining and capacity enhancement programme and puts back in operation its mini blast furnace after 33 days of shutdown.
-Harsh Jha executive-in-charge bearings division at Kharagpur as the company's new managing director
- ICRA has upgraded the Rs 19.74 crore debenture issue of Tata Metalliks Ltd (TML) to LBBB+ from LBBB
-Completed the first phase of its capacity enhancement programme from 130000 tpa to 140000 tpa of hot metal stands through technological upgradation by installing Linear type Pig Casting Machine.
-Board Approves the proposal project of setting up of a 2nd MBF with a capacity of 100000 tpa adjacent to its plant at Kharagpur with a estimated cpst of Rs 400 million.
- M/s Patton Limited, Kolkata, acting in concert with its associated has acquired shares/voting rights of the Company of more than 5% as on September 23, 2003
- Tata Metaliks Ltd has inked a joint venture pact with Kubota Corporation and Metal One Corporation, both of Japan, for establishing a 1.1-lakh tonnes per annum capacity ductile iron pipe manufacturing plant at Kharagpur in West Bengal at an estimated investment of Rs 150 crore.
-Tata Metaliks Ltd has appointed Mr. V S N Murty as an Additional Director on the Board of Directors of the Company at the Board Meeting of the Company held on March 28, 2008.
- Tata Metaliks has got a prospecting licence for iron ore mining in Maharashtra. The company will start prospecting work within the next three months. The iron ore procured from the mine could be utilized for its proposed steel unit in Karnataka. The company has also got sanction for 700 acres of land for setting up a steel plant in Karnataka.