1968 - The Company was incorporated on 2nd February, at Jamshedpur. It
was promoted by Tata Iron and Steel Company Ltd., Yodogawa Steel
Works Ltd., Japan and Nissho Company Ltd., Japan. The Main
Object of the Company is to manufacture Steel Mill Rolls of all
grades and types, Cast Gear Wheels, Rope Drums Cast Steel
Grinding Media etc.
- Yodogawa Steel Works Ltd., Japan are the Collaborators of the
- Allotted 92,993 shares to TISCO, 55,000 shares to Yodogawa Steel
Works Ltd. and 11,000 shares to Nissho-Iwai Co. Ltd.
1969 - 91,000 shares offered to the public on 17th February.
1977 - 65 shares forfeited.
1987 - In the first phase of modernisation, the Company installed a
Computerised Numerically Controlled (CNC) heavy duty roll turning
lathe. The Plant was commissioned in July 1988.
- In the second phase of modernisation, a Planomiller was to be
installed. Two roll turning lathes were also to be installed as
replacement of old items of equipment.
1989 - In September, the Company entered into a technical collaboration
agreement with M/s Eisenwerk Salzauwerfen (ESW), Austria,
imparting technology for the manufacture of Double - Powered
(D.P.) Rolls through the centrifugal casting process and also for
upgrading the technology for the manufacture of other types of
- The Company entered into a technical collaboration agreement with
M/s. Eisenwerk Salzau-Werfen (ESW), Austria for importing
technology for the manufacture of other types of rolls.
- The Company also proposed to add/replace the production
facilities initially installed to meet the increasing demand.
1990 - The Company achieved 100% capacity utilisation for rolls.
1991 - Three new lathes and a milling machine were installed while the
centrifugal casting machine for production of spun cast rolls was
commissioned during November 1992.
- During April-May, the Company issued 29,73,450-12.5% partly
convertible debentures of Rs 30 each as follows: (i) 28,75,000
debentures (including retention of 15% over subscription) as
rights to the equity shareholders in the prop. 1 deb. : 1 equity
(all were taken up), (ii) 1,25,000 debentures to the permanent
employees of the Company including Indian working directors on an
equitable basis (only 98,450 debentures taken up). The
unsubscribed 26,550 debentures of the employees' quota were
allowed to lapse.
- The convertible portion of Rs 20 was to be converted into one
equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 10 per share after
one year from the date of allotment of debentures. The non
convertible portion of Rs 10 per debenture was to be redeemed at
par at the end of 7 years from the date of allotment of
1992 - Most of the plant and machinery for the ongoing modernisation
programme were installed.
- 2,973,450 No. of equity shares of Rs.10/- each allotted on
conversion of 12.5% Partly Convertible Debentures on 1st July, at
Rs.1,875 per share pro-rata.
1993 - The Company had introduced to state-of-the-art technology for the
manufacture of Double-poured Rolls through the centrifugal
1994 - The Company acquired the capability of making Hi-Chrome Rolls to
cater to the stringent requirements of the State-of-the-art.
- Hot Strip mills with the completion of the modernisation scheme,
the capacity of the plant increased to 9,750 tonnes of rolls per
1995 - The Company has obtained ISO 9002 certification during the year.
- Production of special casting for power plants was taken up, as a
first step towards the diversification plan. These castings have
been well received by Tata Steel and Durgapur Projects Ltd.
- A fresh Agreement has been signed with Tayo Workers' Union on 7th
1997 - The Company decided to undertake expansion in phases. Expansion
of Roll manufacturing capacity to 12500 tonnes from 9750 tonnes.
1999 - The Company has been awarded the IS0-9002 certification by the
Indian Register Quality Systems (IRQS).
- Tata Yodogawa Ltd had alliance with Union Electric Steel
Corporation (UES) of the US, a leading forged steel roll
2000 - Crisil has withdrawn the AA- rating assigned to a Rs 13-crore NCD
issue of Tata Yodogawa while reaffirming the P1+ rating asigned
to its Rs 3-crore CP programme and the FAA rating assigned to its
2002-Tata Yodogawa Ltd has informed that the tenure of Mr Prem Sagar, Vice Chairman & Managing Director has expired on February 28, 2002. The Board of Directors at its meeting has appointed Mr R P Tyagi as Managing Director of the Company.
-Tayo Rolls Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors at their meeting held on July 27, 2004 has redesigned Mr P C Srivastava as Managing Director of the Company effective August 1, 2004 as the tenure of Mr R P Tyagi, Managing Director has expired on July 31, 2004
- Tayo Rolls Ltd (formerly Tata Yodogawa) receives Golden Peacock National Innovation award for the year 2004.
- Tayo Rolls Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on October 15, 2007, Mr. S N Menon has been appointed the Additional Director of the Company with effect from October 15, 2007.
-Tayo Rolls Ltd has appointed Mr. Anand Sen, Vice President (Flat Products), Tata Steel Ltd as Additional Director on the Board of the Company with effect from January 18, 2008.
-The company has issued rights in the ratio of 7:8 at a premium of Rs 116/- per share.