|Twenty-First Century Printers Limited (TCPL) was incorporated on 27th August, 1987 as a public limited company. The company is registered with Registrar of Companies, bombay and obtained certificate of commencement of business on 9th November, 1987. It was promoted by Mr. Sajjan Jindal, Joint Managing Director of Jindal Strips Ltd., and Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Jindal Iron & Steel Company Ltd., Mr. Debasis Chaudhri, technocrat and members of Kanoria family, to manufacture printed blanks etc. It installed an In line We-Fed Offset rotary Printing Machine with board conversion technology at Silvassa.
The project was assisted by Industrial Finance Corporation of India, Industrial Development Bank of India and Industrial Credit & INvestment Corporaiton of India Ltd.,
PRESENT ACTIVITY AND OPERATIONS OF THE COMPANY
The company at present has facilities for manufacturing printed blanks with an installed capacity of 96 million impressions p.a. i.e. 1000 million resultant printed blanks approximately p.a. The company in accordance with a long term contract with Godfrey Phillips India Ltd., supplies prinited cigarette shells to an extent of 60% of its installed capacity. Presently, the company supplies its printed shells to major cigarette manufacturing companies viz. Gdfrey Philips India Llimited, ITC Limited & VST Industries Ltd. and The major competitors of the Company's products are the printing division of I.T.C. Ltd., Colour
Cartons Ltd., Vijay Flexible Containers Ltd., etc.
Since the demand of the Company's products are of a derived nature, any change in the demand of the products of the customers, will also affect the demand of the company's products and thereby its profitability.
- The company has bagged Indiastar Award for packaging excellence.
- The company has bagged the PFFCA STAR award under the category "New Structural design & New Graphic Design".
- The company has bagged the PFFCA STAR award under the category "Product Development and New Structures"
- The company has won 5 awards under two categories for various cartons being printed for their customers such as Goodknight Activ+ Combi Pack, "Ambipur"car perfume carton, LUX Haute Pink carton, KITKAT Gold carton and STELLAR Hinge Lid pack.
-Company name has been changed from Twenty First Century Printers Ltd to TCPL Packaging Ltd.
- The company has won 3 awards for various cartons such as Kellogg's Seasons Greetings Gift Pack, Nestle Selection Eclairs promotional pack and Kingfisher Oven-able Samosa Carton
- TCPL Packaging Ltd has appointed Mr. Pradip Kumar Khaitan as an Additional Director at the meeting of Board of Directors of the Company held on May 27, 2010 as against the resignation of Mr. Haigreve Khaitan, one of the Directors of the Company.
- The company has won 6 awards for various cartons under the category Structural & Graphic Design for improved Aesthetics.
- The company has won 2 awards for various cartons printed such as Smirnoff Hi-Fi Masala Pack and JSW Green Mango 6 Pack.
- The company has adopted an Industrial Training Institute in Dharampur, Gujarat.
- The company has organised a blood donation camp.
- TCPL is one of the largest converters of paperboard in India.
- TCPL is one of the lead packaging suppliers to Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL).
-TCPL Packaging Ltd has recommended payment of dividend of Rs. 2.65 per Equity Share of Rs. 10 each (26.50%)
-The Board has appointed Mr. Rishav Kanoria as an Additional Director effective from May 07, 2013.
-The Board has appointed Mr. Rishav Kanoria as an Executive Director of the Company
-TCPL Packaging Ltd has recommended payment of dividend of Rs. 2.50 per Equity Share of Rs. 10 each (25%)
-Mr. Rabindra Jhunjhunwala, Partner of Khaitan & Company (Advocates & Solicitors), has been appointed by the board as an additional director with effect from June 30, 2014.
-Ms. Sonal Agarwal, Managing Partner of Accord Group (India) Private Limited, Mumbai has been appointed by the board as an additional director with effect from June 30, 2014.
-TCPL Packaging Ltd registered office of the Company has been changed from Shiv Smriti, 49, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai - 400 018 to Empire Mills Complex, 414, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (West), Mumbai - 400 013.