Home  »  Company  »  Thangamayil Jewellery Ltd.  »  Quotes  »  Company History
Enter the first few characters of Company and click 'Go'

Thangamayil Jewellery Ltd. Company History and Annual Growth Details

In the year 1947, Mr. N. Balusamy Chettiar, father of Mr. Balarama Govinda Das, Mr. Ba Ramesh
and Mr. N.B. Kumar started a proprietorship concern as 'Balu Jewellery' having its office at 14
Swami Sandhi Street, Madurai. In the year 1979-80, Mr. N. Balusamy Chettiar handed over all the
business of proprietary concern to his sons namely, Mr. Balarama Govinda Das, Mr. Ba. Ramesh
and Mr. N.B. Kumar. The business was carried out in the area of 100 sq. ft. at 121, South Avani
Moola Street, Madurai.

The Company was originally incorporated on March 24, 2000 as a private limited company. The
name of the Company was changed to Thangamayil Jewellery Limited upon conversion into
public limited company with effect from November 20, 2007 and a fresh certificate of
incorporation was obtained from Registrar of Companies, Chennai.

Key Events and Milestones

Year Month Key Events and Milestones

2000 March Incorporated as Thangamayil Jewellery Private Limited

2001 May Purchase of Gold Assaying Machine to ensure quality of gold
ornament through laser technology

2001 June Opening of exclusive Showroom for Diamond and other
precious stones at Madurai

2001 August Obtained BIS hallmarking license - pioneers in the field

2003 May With the help of World gold council, initiated the concept of
'Akshya Thritiyai' and helped in a breakthrough in gold jewellery market.

2006 January Registration of 'Thangamayil' as a trademark

2008 April Opened showroom at Rajapalayam,

2008 September Opened showroom at Karaikudi

2009 March Opened showroom at Ramanathpuram

2009 November Opened showroom at Dindigul
Oct 24, 3:53 pm
Oct 24, 4:14 pm
Subscribe now to get personal finance updates in your inbox!