1962 - The Company was incorported on 20th November, at Jamshedpur.
The company was promoted by Tata Iron & Steel Co. Ltd., (TISCO)
and Associated Cement Companies Ltd., (ACC) in financial &
technical collaboration with Hewitt-Robins, Inc., of U.S.A. (now
known as the Hewitt-Robins Division of Litton Systems Inc., of
U.S.A.) and the General Electric Co., Ltd., U.K.
- The main objective of the company is to manufacture of material
handling equipment such as idler rollers, vibrating screens,
sectional and mine conveyors, industrial chains, wire screen
cloth, winders, tipplers, crushers, ore and coal preparation
equipment, and coal cutters and undertaking "Systems Contracts"
for such equipment including design, manufacture, supply and
installation of equipment.
1973 - 5,000 shares issued to ICICI upon conversion of loan.
1976 - 16,250 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:3.
1978 - Shares subdivided. 5,07,500 shares of Rs. 10 each issued at a
prem. of Rs. 4 per share: 65,000 shares reserved for the
Company's Indian employees, directors, etc. and 4,42,500 shares
offered for public subscription during July.
1985 - 6,90,000 No. of Equity shares issued at par in part conversion of
2,30,000-13.5% bonds of Rs. 130 each.
1987 - The Company obtained foreign technical know-how for the
manufacture of extensible belt conveyors in collaboration with
Kurimoto of Japan to expand the Company's range of manufacture
of various types of crushers.
- 11,11,672 No. of equity shares allotted (prem. Rs. 5 per share)
in part conversion of 12.5% debentures on 1.3.1989.
1988 - A substantial portion of the Company's business comprises
execution of turn-key contracts which were executed over a period
of two to three years depending upon the magnitude of the
project. The drop in turnover was due to the fact that there
were no major contracts which reached substantial completion
during the year.
- The Company also took up the manufacture of stamping charging
pushing machine and charging gas cleaning cars for Tata Steel.
1989 - A repeat order was received from Tata Steel for a stamping
charging pushing machine and charging gas cleaning car for its
coke oven battery No. 6.
- A portion of Rs. 60 of each debenture was to be compulsorily
converted into 4 equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a premium of
Rs. 5 per share as on 1st March.
- The non-convertible portion of Rs. 100 of each debenture would be
redeemed at par after the expiry of 7 years from the date of
allotment of the debentures.
- Drop in Company's turnover was due to the fact that there were no
major contracts which reached substantial completion during the
1994 - As a part of its diversification plans, the first phase of the
steel service centre was implemented.
- 15,60,108 shares allotted on rights basis.
1995 - Company has been awarded Iso 9001 certification during the year.
- During February the Company made a Rights Issue of 15,60,836
equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a premium of Rs. 15 per share in
the ratio of 1:2 (only 15,60,148 shares were taken up). The
remaining 688 shares were reserved for allotment as per approval
of Regional Stock Exchange, Patna.
1996 - The expansion plans for putting up a composite steel service
centre at Bara near Agnrio Jamshedpur made satisfactory progress.
The additional slitting lines were commissioned and a pickling
line was under advanced stage of installation.
- Tata-Ryerson Ltd. was formed to provide value added steel service
centre facilities throughout the country. In addition, the
company's steel service centre at Bara with all its plants,
machineries and buildings etc. were to be sold by negotiation to
Tata Ryerson Ltd.
1997 - The Company had sold its steel service centre assets and Bara for
a consideration of Rs. 14 crores to Tata-Ryerson Ltd.
- As a part of its ongoing technology upgradation and innovation
programme the company has signed an MOU with M/s. Tip-Top Saar
GmbH, Germany for acquiring state-of-the-art knowhow for conveyor
belt reconditioning plant.
- In order to augment the long term resources for its working
capital requirements and for modernisation of its plant
facilities, the Company offered during June/July 1988,
2,88,540-12.5% secured partly convertible debentures of Rs. 160
each for a total value of Rs. 461.66 crores. Out of the total
issue, 2,74,500 debentures were offered to the equity
shareholders of the Company on a right basis in the ratio of 4
debentures for every 25 equity shares held and the balance 13,740
debentures were offered to the employees (including Indian
working directors)/workers of the Company on equitable basis.
Unsubscribed portion, if any, of the employee's quota was to be
allowed to lapse. Accordingly, the Company allotted 2,74,800
debentures to the equity shareholders and 3,118 debentures to the
- 53 shares out of 635 shares whose title was in dispute, issued.
1998 - The Company successfully commissioned the projects of Stamp
Charging machine for Tata Steel's Battery No.8, Coal Dust
Injection Systems for SAIL, Coal Handling Plant for Rajasthan and
1999 - Amalgamation of M/s. Tata Material Handling Systems Ltd., (TMHS)
and Tata Technodyne Ltd. (TTDL), with the Company effective 1st
April was approved in the Board Meeting held on 30th March, 1990.
-TRF Ltd has appointed Mr. Sudhir L Deoras as an Additional Director of the Company with effect from January 22, 2007.
-TRF Ltd has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- TRF Ltd has re-appointed Mr. Sudhir Deoras as Managing Director of the Company for the period of three years with effect from April 01, 2010.
- TRF Ladies Association collects 405 units of blood through donation camps.
- TRF acquires UK based Hewitt Robins International Ltd.
- TRF to Augment its Works Manufacturing Facilities and Installs Automatic CNC Cutting Machines.
- TRF pays 20% Bonus.
- TRF and Schade, Germany join forces to offer higher capacity yard equipment in India.
- TRF Acquires Balance Stake in York Transport Equipment(Asia), Singapore.
- TRF Ladies Association Distributes solar Lanterns to Students.
-TRF Launches Multiple Campaigns on The Occasion of World Environment Day
-Award Ceremony at TRF for Long Services, Suggestion Box and National Workskills Competition
-TRF Launches New Vision to Emerge as Technological Leader
-TRF Bags Rs 353.67 crore Order from BHEL for NMDCÂs Nagarnar Plant
-TRF Bags Rs 76.00 crore Order from Bhushan Power and Steel Limited
-TRF Ltd has informed that Mr. Sabyasachi Hajara has been appointed as an Independent Additional Director of the Company with effect from September 01, 2014.
Congratulation on Successful Commissioning of wagon Tippler Â 4 supplied and commissioned by M/S TRF Limited ordered against CHP Stage-IV Package
-TRF has won the Corporate Garden of the Year Award for the second time in a row
- Promoted eco-friendly and safer material handling equipment by demonstrating capability to design and manufacture product powered by solar energy and monitored from distance.