1955 - TTK Prestige Limited was incorporated as a Private Limited Company at Madras
under the name and style 'T T Private Limited' on 22nd October 22nd. The registered
office was shifted to Bangalore and a fresh certificate of incorporation was obtained.
- The company became a deemed public limited company on and from June 15th 1988
under the provisons of Section 43A of the Companies Act, 1956.
- In 1984 the Company launched 'Prestige Pressure Pan'. In 1992, the company
successfully launched its product under the brand name 'Manttra' in the US market.
1990 - The Company's foods division launched ready-to-eat snacks, Fryums, in India.
1992 - The Company issue 95576 No. of Equity Shares were allotted during this year as
fully paid up Bonus Shares by capitalisation of reserves in the ratio of 1 : 1.
1994 - The name of the company was changed from TT Limited to TTK Prestige Limited on
23rd June, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was obtained from the Registrar
- TTKPL commenced the manufacture of pressure cookers in 1959 with technical
collaboration from Prestige Group, U.K. who are the pioneers in the pressure cooker
- The Company's project for manufacture of Non-Stick Cookware with technical tie-up
from Dupont, U.S.A. has progressed satisfactorily.
- During the year, the Company alloted Bonus Shares at the rate of 1 share for every 3
shares held aggregating to 3,82,304 shares of Rs.10 each on 30th June. The Company
also issued 30,20,000 Equity shares of Rs.10 each at a premium of Rs.80 per share to
the residents including Financial Institutions and 3,00,000 shares of Rs.10 each at a
premium of Rs.10 each at a premium of Rs.115 per Share were alloted to Foreign
1995 - The Company issued through Prospectus 28.95 lakh equity shares of Rs.10/- each at a
premium of Rs.80 per share, which included a firm allotment of 55,000 shares to Unit Trust
1996 - During the current year, the company has introduced Silver Stone range in selective
markets and the same is well received. The company is also entering into Kitchen
Tools Project and necessary technical tie-up is being finalised.
1998 - The Company introduced new models in the US market which have been received well.
The Company has also made an entry into the UK and Australian markets during the year.
- Mr. T.T. Raghunathan, Dr. (Mrs.) Latha Jagannathan and Mr. K. Shankaran, the Directors
retire by rotation and are eligible for reappointment. Mr. T.T. Jagannathan has been
re-appointed as Managing Director for a period of five years from 1st July.
2000 - Mr. Jagannathan is appointed as the Chairman of the TTK Group and also the Managing
Director of TTK Prestige Ltd.
- TTK Group is close to finalising sale of foods division as part of its plant to exist the
- TTK LIG, a joint venture between Seton Scholl Healthcare Plc and TTK Group is the
world's largest condom maker, manufacturing close to a billion condoms per annum.
- The Company has launched Prestige Omega non-stick cookware.
2001 - The Company manufacturers of kitchenware, has launched a new range of vacuum
flasks with imported shells.
- TTK Prestige has launched vacuum flasks with imported shells.
- TTK Prestige chairman and managing director TT Jagannathan has been made
executive chairman wiht effect from 5th April.
2002-TTK Prestige Ltd has informed that Mrs Padma Narasimhan, a Director on the Board of Directors passed away on September 11, 2002.
-TTK Prestige Ltd has recast its debt portfolio by converting majority of its borrowings into ECBs and FCNRB loans aggregating to US$ 9.5 million
- The company inaugurated the exclusive TTK Prestige showroom in Vijayawada on May 7.
-Shares of TTK Prestige Ltd delisted from the Madras Stock Exchange from May 31.
-TTK Prestige sets up 47th 'Smart Kitchen' in Pondicherry
- Company obtains License for 'Prestige' brand for use in USA.
-TTK Prestige launches new product 'Prestige Nakshatra'.