-Awarpur Cement Works Plant I
Awarpur Cement Works Plant II
-Jharsuguda grinding unit
-Hirmi Cement Works
-Gujarat Cement Works Plant I
-Andhra Pradesh Cement Works
-Gujarat Cement Works Plant II
-Narmada Cement Company Limited acquired
-Ratnagiri Cement Works
Bulk cement terminals at Mangalore, Navi Mumbai and Colombo
-Grasim acquires 10 per cent stake in L&T. Subsequently increases stake to 15.3 per cent by October 2002
-Durgapur grinding unit
-Grasim increases its stake in L&T to 14.15 per cent
-Arakkonam grinding unit
-The Grasim Board approves an open offer for purchase of up to 20 per cent of the equity shares of Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T), in accordance with the provisions and guidelines issued by the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Regulations, 1997.
The board of Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) decides to demerge its cement business into a separate cement company (CemCo). Grasim decides to acquire an 8.5 per cent equity stake from L&T and then make an open offer for 30 per cent of the equity of CemCo, to acquire management control of the company
Completion of the implementation process to demerge the cement business of L&T and completion of open offer by Grasim, with the latter acquiring controlling stake in the newly formed company UltraTech
-Narmada Cement Company Limited amalgamated with UltraTech pursuant to a Scheme of Amalgamation being approved by the Board for Industrial & Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) in terms of the provision of Sick Industrial Companies Act (Special Provisions)
- Formerly known as Ultratech Cemco Limited. The Group's principal activities are to manufacture and market clinker and cement in India
- Ultratech Cement Ltd has inducted Mr. Saurabh Misra into the Board as an Additional Director and appointed Managing Director of the Company.
- Ultratech Cement receives order from BIFR.
- Ultratech Cement Ltd has appointed Mr Girish M Dave as a Director on the Board of the Company.
-UltraTech to absorb Samruddhi to form India's biggest cement firm
-Ultratech to be the lead sponsors of Rajasthan Royals
-UltraTech to consider Grasim merger proposal
- Ultratech Cement Ltd has appointed Mr. 0 P Puranmalka as Additional Director with immediate effect.