1962 - The Company was incorporated on 22nd August, at Bombay.
- The Company manufactures pharmaceutical products and chemicals on
behalf of Uni-U.C.B.(India) Pvt.Ltd., associates of the reputed
UCB of Brussels, Belgium.
- Government approved the scheme to manufacture dextran and iron
dextran cycoside in collaboration with Roshkilde Medical Company
- Government also approved the Collaboration Scheme with Shofu
Dental Mfg.Co.Ltd., Japan, for the manufacture of dental
- The Company was formed to take over as a going concern the
propreitory business carried on since 1944, at Bombay, by Shri A
V Mody as manufacturing chemist and dealer in pharmaceuticals and
medicines, under the name and style of 'Unichem Laboratories'.
1983 - The Upjohn division was established, the name was changed to
UNISEARCH division with effect from 1st October, 1987. This was
to market selected specialities of Upjohn, UCB and Unichem.
1992 - Unichem Exports Limited ceased to be a subsidiary of the company
from 17th November.
1993 - The Company introduced a new antibiotic in the market, and
incurred substantial cost on the new launch.
1994 - The Company made an Issue of Equity Shares to the shareholders,
promoters and employees as a result of which the Equity share
Capital has increased to Rs.199.12 lacs.
1995 - The Pharma Division extended its products range by launching two
new molecules and one additional formulation in the market.
- 5,59,900 No. of Equity Warrants were allotted to th
1998 - The Company has launched three new products in three different
therapeutic areas i.e. Cardiovascular, Anti Inflammatory and Anti
oxidant under the brand names CORVADIL-A, PRONIM and PRO-RIDAGE.
- The company has a technical collaboration with Shofu Dental
Manufacturing Co, Japan and Roshkilde Medical Co, Denmark.
- The Company has launched three new products in three different
therapeutic areas viz., Satin a cholesterol reducer in the area
of cardiovascular therapeutic segment; Domadol in the post
operative pain management segment and Zonep in the psychiatry
- The company recently commissioned a Rs 20-crore manufacturing
facility at Bardez in Goa, specially designed to meet stringent
standards in export markets.
1999 - The Company's new Division mainly catering to Women's Healthcare
called "FOREVA" was launched on 1st April.
- The Company has launched eight new products, Losar, Serta,
Biclar, Zisper, M-cam, Flospar, Lanpro, Anticox 3.
- Unichem Laboratories, a leading pharmaceutical company, has
launched `M-Cam', a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
(NSAID) for the treatment or arthritis.
- The company has recently commissioned its multi-purpose
facility at Roha in Maharashtra to manufacture a range of bulk
drugs scheduled to go off patent in advanced markets by 2000.
- The company has tied up with Aptech and NIIT to reach a
majority of the nearly 3,000 cardiologists and over 20,000
physician MDs in the country.
2000 - Unichem Laboratories has entered into a strategic alliance with
the Korean Green Cross Corporation to market Urokinase.
- The Company has introduced "Celib" for management of arthritis.
The Company has launched a website on Celib for doctors and
patients called www.celibunichem.com.
- Unichem Laboratories has launched Zulu, the first muscle relaxant
containing nimesulide and tizanidine.
- The Foreva, the Women's healthcare division of the company has
acquired the marketing and distribution rights for Partobulin
(Anti-D Immunoglobulin) in India from Baxter Healthcare.
- The Company will launch its own version of Pfizer's impotence pill Viagra
under the brand name Erix.
2001 - Foreva, the women's healthcare division of Unichem Laboratories, has entered
into a technical tie-up with the US-based Protein Technologies International Inc, a
DuPont division, for developing a soya protein supplement for women called Nutreva.
-Enters into Joint Venture with the former Directors of the Bioglan group in Ireland.
-Bharat Bio signs marketing alliance with the company to market hepatitis-B, recombinant.
-Ind-Swift ties up with the company for Co-marketing pact to co-market finished dosages of its anti-depressant drug citalopram
-Registered a net profit increase by around 10.6% in the I quarter at Rs.9.4crs for the same period last year.
-Enters into an agreement for the sale of its Animal Healthcare Division to M/s Tetragon Chemie Ltd.
-Appoints Mr Prafful D Sheth as the Director of the company.
-Unichem Laboratories Ltd, a Mumbai based Rs 475-crore pharmaceutical company, has received ISO 9001 & 14001 certificates
- On April 20, 2005 announces commencement of production at its second unit at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh.
-Unichem Laboratories enters into agreement with PLIVA inc, USA
- Unichem Laboratories Ltd has appointed Mr. Harcharan Singh as Chief Executive - Pharma with effect from March 24, 2009. He shall report to the Board.
-Unichem Laboratories Ltd has received approval from US Food & Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) for Hydrochlorothiazide Capsules in the strengths of 12.5 mg.
-Unichem Laboratories Ltd strengthened 6.38% to close at Rs 381.15 as the company has received EU GMP certificate from IRISH Medicines Board for the 12 API's manufactured at Company's Roha plant.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 5 to Rs 2
-Unichem Laboratories Ltd has received approval from US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for Divalproex Sodium Delayed Release Tablets USP 125mg, 250mg and 500mg (Valproic -Acid Activity).
-Mr. Bhagwat S. Dhingra has been appointed as Chief Executive - Domestic Pharma.
-"Unichem Laboratories receives ANDA tentative approval from USFDA for IRBESARTAN TABLETS".
-Unichem gets tentative nod from USFDA for dementia tablets.
-"Unichem Laboratories receives ANDA approval from USFDA for Amlodipine Besylate Tablets".
-Unichem Laboratories has recommended Dividend of Rs. 4.50 (225%) per equity share of Rs. 2/- each.
-"Unichem Laboratories receives ANDA approval from USFDA for Metronidazole USP Tablets".
-Unichem Laboratories has recommended Final Dividend of Rs. 4/- (200%) per equity share of Rs. 2/- each .