|Our Company was originally incorporated as Unity Builders Limited
on April 9, 1997. We subsequently changed the name of our Company
to Unity Infraprojects Limited pursuant to a special resolution of the
shareholders passed at an extraordinary general meeting on January
14, 2000. The fresh certificate of incorporation consequent on change
of name was granted by the ROC to our Company on February 7, 2000.
Our registered office was shifted from B 101, Vaibhav Apartments, Old
Prabhadevi Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400 025, India to the current
address by a resolution of our Board dated October 22, 1999.
Prior to incorporating our Company, our Promoter Directors were engaged
in the business of providing integrated design, engineering, procurement
and construction services for commercial and infrastructure sector projects
through Unity Construction Company, a partnership firm, which has been
in existence since 1979. In 1983, Kishore K. Avarsekar was admitted as a
partner in this firm. Abhijit K. Avarsekar and Ashish K. Avarsekar, who were
minors at the time, were admitted into the firm for the purpose of sharing the
profits with an option to continue with the firm on attaining the age of majority.
Subsequently, Pushpa K. Avarsekar also became a partner in the firm.
By a deed of assignment (Deed) dated August 28, 2000, Unity Construction
Company assigned its business to Unity Infraprojects Limited on an "as is where
is" basis together with the right, title, interest, assets and liabilities and goodwill
of the firm as a going concern. The Deed provides that the Company shall grant
the partners 10,000 fully paid up Equity Shares. The Deed further provides that
the partners may, individually or jointly, carry on similar business as is carried out
by Unity Construction Company. Further to this deed, the Company and UCC have
entered into an undertaking dated January 20, 2006. Under the terms of this
agreement, UCC shall be liable for all losses, liabilities, claims, demands, actions,
causes of action, suits, litigation, damages, costs and expenses, including
reasonable legal fees and disbursements in connection asserted against, or
incurred or suffered by, the Company which arise out of, result from or may be
payable by virtue of any breach of any representation, warranty, covenant or
agreement made or obligation required to be performed by UCC. Further, UCC
has agreed that any consequences in relation to the arbitration proceedings
filed by it against the National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development shall
be to the account of the Company, including the receipt of any arbitration award
and expenses and UCC shall not raise any claim against the Company in relation
to any award received by the Company pursuant to such arbitration proceedings.
Some of the key milestones of our predecessor firm and us include
1983 Construction of Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank Building at Vashi, Navi Mumbai
1984 Construction of Standard Design Factory at Mumbai for Maharashtra Industrial
Development Corporation (MIDC)
1985 Construction of the Vainganga skyscraper at Worli, Mumbai
1989 Construction of Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable Market for the Bombay
Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee (BAPMC)
1991 Entered the field of turnkey execution by bagging the order for Design and
Construction of Mass Housing Project for MHADA at Majaswadi, Andheri (E),
1993 Construction of NRI Housing Project (Seawoods Estate) for CIDCO at Nerul,
1995 Construction of NABARDÂs corporate office building at Bandra Kurla Complex,
1996 UCC diversified into the field of infrastructure development
1997 - 2000 UCC consolidated its presence in the field of buildings and infrastructure
by bagging and successfully executing prestigious projects all over
2000 Commenced operations in August 2000 as Unity Infraprojects Limited
Obtained ISO certification. Got first project out of Maharashtra in Goa.
2002 Commenced projects in Delhi by bagging a Rs. 1,300 million order from the DDA.
Secured major orders from the MCGM for Tansa Dam and from NHAI for concrete
road at JNPT.
2003 Ventured in the North East by commencing operations in Shillong. Consolidated
presence in the North East by bagging the Assam Secretariat in November and
Tunnel for the Indian Railways in December.
Operations spread to the states of Goa, Gujarat, Delhi, Meghalaya, Assam and
2004 Secured jobs in Mumbai viz. Sardar Patel Indoor Stadium for the National Sports
Club of India and Refurbishment of Terminal I B of the Mumbai Domestic Airport.
Successfully completed refurbishment of the Kala Academy Goa in 110 days to
ensure timely and successful hosting of the International Film Festival of India
2005 Secured Irrigation projects in Andhra Pradesh thereby making it the eighth state
of operations. Ventured into industrial construction by bagging a prestigious order
from Siemens Limited. Secured road projects in Mumbai.
RMC plant and paver block plant set up in Mumbai for captive consumption.
We are an ISO 9001-2000 company, with accreditation from the American Standards
Institute and Orion Registrar Inc. for design and construction of civil engineering works.
We are also the flagship company of the KK Group, a conglomerate with interests in
contracting, real estate development, concrete block production and hotels. We have
our registered and corporate office in Mumbai.
-Unity Infraprojects Ltd has has entered into Joint Venture with BSEL Infrastructure Realty Ltd for participating in the tenders offered by Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
-Unity Infraprojects Ltd in 50:50 joint venture with M/s Pratibha Industries Ltd has secured a contract from Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation for a Water Supply Scheme on BOT basis.
-Unity Infraprojects secures project from IPPL
- Unity Infraprojects Ltd has informed that M/s. United Gulf Construction Company WLL Unity Infraprojects Ltd - Joint Venture (being a Joint Venture between the Company and M/s. United Gulf Construction Company - WLL, Kuwait) has secured a contract from Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai for "Installation of Pipe lines by micro tunnelling method at various locations in Mumbai for existing water mains" amounting to Rs 28.33 crores.
- Unity Infraprojects Ltd has informed that the Company has been awarded with following Orders:
1. Rs 147.82 Crores from, the Central Public Works Department for the Re-modeling and Up gradation of Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium for Commonwealth Games 2010, including Civil and Electrical engineering works to be completed within 18 Months.
2. Rs 77 Crores from the Thane Municipal Corporation of City of Thane, for the Construction of additional 110 MLD Water Supply Scheme from Pise Head Works. This work has been awarded to a Joint Venture formed with Nagarjuna Construction Company Ltd. and SMC
- Unity Infraprojects Ltd has informed that the Company has received an order for Widening and Up gradation of Existing 4-Lane Road to 6-Lane Road under Contract Package IV from Km 144+770 (Mardha Village) to Km 181+300 (Antela Village) in the state of Rajasthan for a total contract value of Rs 375.25 crores to be completed within 30 months. The said contract has been received from Pink City Expressway Pvt. Ltd vide their Letter of Acceptance dated October 16, 2008.
- Unity Infraprojects Ltd has received Rs 325.23 crore order from MCGM, Mumbai.
- Unity Infraprojects bagged a Rs. 54.56 crore project from Amanora Park Town, Hadaspur, Pune where the project is likely to be finished in 29 months and includes construction of 6 towers, RCC works and gypsum finish.
-Unity Infraprojects has bagged the excellence award in appreciation of its best practices implemented in safety, human resource management, productivity, cost management and client service.
-Contacts awarded to the Company aggregating to Rs. 412 Crores
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
-Unity Infraprojects have been awarded the following Project: Construction of Residential Accommodation at Mamun (Pocket-2) by the Director General, MAP - Government of India. The awarded Contract Value is Rs. 122.14 crores to be completed in 27 months.
-Unity Infra - Awarded the project of Rs. 198.00 Crores
-Unity Infra seeks deals in West Asia, S Africa
-Unity Infraprojects bags Rs 400 crore construction orders
-Unity Infraprojects wins Rs 840 cr orders
-Unity Infraprojects bags orders worth Rs 148.3 cr
-Unity Infraprojects secures projects worth over Rs 315 cr
-Project Awarded by PWD (Government of Maharashtra) of Rs. 138.00 Crores
-Company have been awarded the following Projec Construction/Improvement of Major Roads in Solapur city.
-Company have been awarded the following Project : Main works package for Netra Complex at Greater Noida.
-Company have been awarded the following project: Construction Administrative staff Housing, Shopping Complex & Sports Pavilion at IISER, Pune.
-Company have been awarded the following Project: "Construction of 1000 Room (2000 seats) Boys Hostel (G+10) for ISM at Dhanbad.