1986 - VXL Instruments started as a partnership firm in 1976, was
incorporated as a Private Limited Company on 28th February, as
per the a Public Limited Company on 24th June, 1993 and the
revised Certificate of Incorporation obtained from the Registrar
of Companies, Karnataka on 2nd November, 1993.
- The initial products manufctured were micro-processor based data
acquisition and control systems. In 1983, VXL Instruments
introduced VM-15A, a computer terminal based on ISO standard, the
market response to which led the Company to switch to manufacture
- The Company was promoted initially by a team of 3 technocrats viz
Mr. A.V. Kasargod, Mr. M.V. Nagaraj and Mr. J.R. Mundkur in 1976,
to be joined by Mr. Kumar Shyam and Mr. M.V. Shetty, who joined
as partners in 1981 and 1982 respectively.
1994 - During the year the company issued bonus shares in the ratio of 3
for every 5 shares held.
- The Company came out with its maiden Public Issue of 11,70,000
No. of Equity Shares of Rs.10/- each for cash at a premium of
Rs.60/- per share aggregating Rs.819 lakhs in February.
- The scheme of amalgamation of Electronic Weighing and Level
Controls Private Limited with the Company was approved by
the Hon'ble High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore by its orders
dated 22nd April, 1994.
1995 - The Company intends to set up a 100% export unit under the EHTP
scheme at Veerasandra, about a km from the present plant. The
combined production capacity is proposed to be raised to 80,000
Terminals and 90,000 Monitors by 1995 and 120,000 Terminals and
90,000 Monitors by 1996.
- The Company's subsidiaries are XLnet Software Systems Ltd. and
VXL Instruments Limited U.K.
- The Company has tied up with Stallion Technologies of Australia,
for the distribution of the latter's products in India.
- The company has introduced in-house training programmes, on a
continuing basis to train its managers on the skills required to
manage in an increasingly competitive an complex business
1996 - The Company has introduced a LAN station, in monochrome and
colour versions, to fulfil the need for a cost effective
solution for the growing networking market in India.
1997 - The Company received an award from the Export Promotion Council
for `Outstanding Export'.
- The Company received ISO 9000 certification for its export
factory, from the Under writers' Laboratory, US.
- VXL Instruments has launched Winlinx, a thin network computing
1998 - The Company is working on developing a family of Winlinx WINDOWS
NT terminals to cater to a host of possible applications.
1999 - The Company has started a Business Applications Software Division
in January. This Division will specialise in Web based total
solutions for Supply Chain Management.
- The Company holds 108,000 Equity Shares of GBP 1 each, fully
paid-up, amounting to Rs. 5,169,261/- in the share capital of its
- Xlnet Software Systems Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of VXL,
has posted a profit for the first time, in the last fiscal.
- The company has developed new products like Xica - a gateway
server, and Xica 70 - a PDC server.
2000 - On 28th March, there was a fire accident in company's 100 per
cent export factory at Bangalore.
- VXL Instruments has launched Saral Kot, a solution for hotels and
restaurants with features such as kitchen order tickets,
screen-based or printed report generation and flash-based memory
that is field upgradeable.
- The Company has informed that, MoU signed between compay and Optima
Computer Technology Austrialia (OCTA) regarding joint venture.
- VXL and OCTA shall incorporate a new JV company in Australia.
- VXL Instruments Ltd, has entered into a joint venture agreement with the Australian
Optima Computer Technology.
-VXL Instruments Ltd has informed the Board of Directors appointed the following Directors:1. Mr Dipak Rao -- appointed as a Director and Chairman of the Company. 2. Mr J R Mundkar rejoins the Board as Director. Mrs Laxmi J Mundkar ceased to be Director of the Company.
-Launches Itona TC, a thin client device for corporate networks
-VXL Instruments Ltd has informed that Mr. M.V. Nagaraj is appointed as Managing Director w. e. f. July 30, 2004 subject to requisite approval
-Company has informed that the given below are the details of the email id designated exclusively for grievance redressal division / compliance officer:
--Company has informed that shift the Registered Office of the Company from the State of Karnataka to the State of Maharashtra - Mumbai.
-The Company has Changed the State of the Registered Office from the State of Karnataka to the State of Maharashtra (ROC Mumbai).