|Western India Shipyard Limited (WISL) is a new Company incorporated in the Union Territory of Delhi on 1st May 1992. The company obtained certificate of commencement of business on 30th June, 1992. The Company is setting up an integrated ship repair yard for carrying out dry as well as wet repairs of ocean going vessels, a project to which the benefits of 100% Export Oriented Unit are extendable. It has also undertaken to set up ship breaking facilities at Paradip Port, Orissa.
-Mr ID Agarwal has been appointed as Chairman of Western India Shipyard Ltd in place of Mr M.J Subbaiah.
Western India Shipyard Ltd has appointed Shri. Rajiv Ranjan, Zonal Manager on the Board of Directors of the Company by Bank of India, in place of Shri. S P Reddy, nominee director.
-Western India Shipyard Ltd has appointed Cdr. Subhash Kumar Mutreja (Retd) as a Whole Time Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Company at the Board meeting held on July 17, 2007.
- The Company has allotted 37,20,500 Equity Shares to the Administrator of the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India of Rs 2/- each at a premium of Rs 10.39 paise per share.
- The Company has received a major Shiprepair order from Dredging Corporation of India of the value of about Rs 660 lacs.
- The Company has received a prestigious order for the repair of a Deep water Oil Rig named JUR Noble Ed Holt valued at about Rs. 5 crore.
- The Company has received a large order from its Client from the United Arab Emirates for major repairs to their 'WSV VLSTFONN' which involves specialized industrial activities like overhauling of equipment, repairs in dry dock and jetties, etc.
- Western India Shipyard Ltd has informed about new order for Rs. 7200 Lacs to repair naval vessel.
- WestIShipYrd - Major Repair Order from Aban Offshore Ltd for Repair of JUR ABAN-III of Rs. 60 Crore.
- The company has won 5 major orders of the repair value of about Rs. 30 crore from its esteemed clients namely, M/s. Transocean for two Jack Up Oil Rigs. M/s. Jindal Drilling for a Jack Up Oil Rig, M/s. CS Offshore for an Accommodation Barge and a vessel from the Indian Coast Guard.
- The Company has won 2 major orders of the repair value of about Rs. 13.60 crore for repair of vessels from DCI and Reliance Industries Limited.
- Western India Shipyard today said that it bagged ship-repairing orders worth Rs 50 crore.
-Western India Shipyard has bagged ship-repairing orders worth Rs 15 crore.
-Western India Shipyard has bagged orders worth Rs.13.50crore.